• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me via Collage

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] - I use Pinterest for photos. The I save the ones I use to my phone. After that, I upload them to the PicsArt app on my phone which has a collage feature that's pretty user-friendly. You can then save the finished collage back to your phone and go from there.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] - I use Pinterest for photos. The I save the ones I use to my phone. After that, I upload them to the PicsArt app on my phone which has a collage feature that's pretty user-friendly. You can then save the finished collage back to your phone and go from there.

Damn. The lack of a smartphone / any apps is somewhat debilitating then with this exercise. :laugh:

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Damn. The lack of a smartphone / any apps is somewhat debilitating then with this exercise. :laugh:

I actually went on PC in frustration. The iddy squares on mobile were driving me mad.

EDIT: You can just save then drag & drop. Much easier to rezise, etc the image as well on PC.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

You can browse Pinterest online and then save to your computer. I'm not as familiar with desktop photo apps, but I am certain that a collage feature, or at least the ability to drag/drop/resize is probably available on most.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually went on PC in frustration. The iddy squares on mobile were driving me mad.

Well, I'll see what I can do. Though hopefully it won't consume my day as that would be kind of sad. :dry: :laugh:

IF I can pull this off... it will be ... probably pretty unslick/ rudimentary.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, it'd be so much easier if we can just smack a pintererest board here . . . And this thread is getting kinda hot.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is actually very good. I presented all of these but the last to some people who have a lot of successful experience with this, and they typed me as 5w4 Sx/Sp, 548 (based solely on the collages, no videos or anything like that yet). I find this method of typing highly interesting and actually quite telling overall.

Edit: I like your interpretation of the instinct order very much.

Thanks, I've been practicing with the instincts a lot. I got a lot of those ideas from one of the Fauvres' classes on the instincts...I was kind of disparaging the class in my head the other day (sorry if you read this Katherine), but it looks like it now has some uses. I love when something you think is crap suddenly blossoms with value.

Second, I want to play. I'd be interested in knowing what people (anyone, not just Peter Deadpan) get from this particular collage (sorry guys, you'll have to follow the link, computer's being stupid):

I'm not saying who specifically made this collage (it may or may not be mine ;) ), but I have it in my possession, and I've gotten some very...unusual feedback on it in the past. Thoughts?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Here you go. Interesting you mention social, when I think of 'social' things, other kinds of images pop in mind than the ones I put above.

Okay, so I am just getting into this stuff, so I'll do my best.

First of all, the reason I said your first collage looked highly social was because it was literally all a representation of a person, and more importantly, a person sustaining eye contact with the viewer. Social is about connectivity between self and others, a relational space. If you contrast your first collage with any of mine, you'll notice that even when I do use depictions of people, there isn't a sense of connectivity. Eyes are usually looking down/shut, or they are peeking out from behind as if to suggest a disconnect, or they are engaged with the viewer only through a mask, which represents a separation of self and other. There's more an element of "look at me" in your collage, and more an element of "don't look at me" in mine.

Moving on to those above, the first one is still So/Sp to me in that there is a feeling of singularity that is feeding into a desire for social connection. This one also depicts a sense of woundedness and wanting to be seen for that, and also being recognized for overcoming that brokenness. In short, there is a 4-ish quality flavored by So recognition and sympathy, and Sp preservation and strength.

The second one seems to be a representation of how you relate to love and relationships? There is depiction of fire and ice, timid and smug. It's still seems social because it hasn't lost it's element of connection to the viewer, but I think that mostly comes from the fact that it is anime, and therefore a character meant to be viewed. Now that I think about it, Anime itself seems kind of social because of this. You also placed the rose at center, as if you are presenting it to the viewer, or imagining it presented from another to you.

The next collage is airy, distant, earthy, ethereal, and dark. Earthiness is associate with Sp, as is the sense of alone-ness. Airy-ness is associated with So. The distance here represents your withdrawn nature, and your observation of the wonderment of the cosmos is rather 5w4/4w5, but because of the sheer darkness of it (as opposed to a representation of pain or sadness), I'd lean 5w4, but take that with a massive chunk of salt.

The final collage mirrors the separation associated with Sp, 4, 5, or possibly 9; the earthiness associated with Sp; and a pained darkness associated with 4w5/5w4.

Although many of your choices are intimate, I wouldn't say anything struck me as brazen or inappropriate the way that Sx likes to present. There weren't any elements of overt sexuality, reproduction, or heat (save for your singular image of fire, which I think is more representative of your emotional undercurrents than actually being a source of fire).

I mostly get hints of 4, 5, 9, and 8. I think 9 > 8 because of the airy, peaceful, and ethereal quality of your landscape choices.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Eh??? Since when did we have this? Here's mine, type me OwO:

Also as for typing others...
[MENTION=38618]robobot14[/MENTION] Your link doesn't work for your attachment. Sometimes, if you do
around an image url, that works to bring a good quality picture. This site is really weird about attachments

[MENTION=18576]The Tsarevich[/MENTION] Mm interesting collage. I'd figure probably a sx user of some kind and maybe high 4, as their is a lot of reference to connectivity, but also to personal loss of someone dear and a hint of somber solitariness I guess? The collage as a whole has a certain kind of outwards emotionality to it. I can't exactly tell for gut fix, either 1w2 or 8w9 works. Personally, I'm going with 1w2 on this one because of the emotionality and vulnerability that could be depicted in this and the desire for revolution. Also, my synthesia always pegs red with 2 influence of some sort, forgive my bias. So, I guess 4w5 (416) sx/sp works. As for mbti, this stylistically strikes me as somewhere on the Ne-Si axis, perhaps ENFP or INFP?

Last edited:

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks [MENTION=34313]RadicalDoubt[/MENTION]! I hope this works!
attachment.php

Yours looks amazing, btw. First time I've typed anyone. I looked and my guesses were pretty spot on. I saw wanting to be alone(I and SP) and yet yearning for something, a misunderstood feeling, some escapism(Ne), a need for logic(like the numbers) , which all struck me as INTP.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, like 2 hours later....

This is all the time I want to devote to this. I could probably find better, but since I don't 'collect' these things (outside of watercolors) or browse pinterest regularly, I don't have a stash and had to spend time searching for various things. But I guess it will have to do.

Edit: The layout is jumbled because I was having to copy and paste and resize and use the 'ancient' Paint program.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=18576]The Tsarevich[/MENTION] Mm interesting collage. I'd figure probably a sx user of some kind and maybe high 4, as their is a lot of reference to connectivity, but also to personal loss of someone dear and a hint of somber solitariness I guess? The collage as a whole has a certain kind of outwards emotionality to it. I can't exactly tell for gut fix, either 1w2 or 8w9 works. Personally, I'm going with 1w2 on this one because of the emotionality and vulnerability that could be depicted in this and the desire for revolution. Also, my synthesia always pegs red with 2 influence of some sort, forgive my bias. So, I guess 4w5 (416) sx/sp works. As for mbti, this stylistically strikes me as somewhere on the Ne-Si axis, perhaps ENFP or INFP?
Thanks for your perspective. Can you elaborate on why you think 6?

Your own collage, I thought 6 myself. I saw "Entire Life Crisis" and I just thought....that's so SIX. The drowning hands, apocalyptic landscapes, "lost in the wilderness" themes all reinforce this impression. Then there's the phrase "It's all in your head". And "losing my mind". Ha ha, so classically head center.

Moreover, my secondary (and probable wing) would be 5. You've got lots of surreal science experiments--kids pinned to dissection boards, oozing skeletons, numerical data, and the compartmentalized cells at the end. A sense of dis-existence or annihilation (drowning, faces scribbled out or obscured, anonymity). I'm noticing lots of all-seeing eyes--seeing without being seen themselves. Disembodied. Hidden. Somber muted tones.

It could be core 5, actually (especially the last collage), but the sense of angst over life and the emotional reaction to that angst rang out to me and made me err in favor of 6.

For reasons I mentioned in a prior post, perhaps sp. There is an emphasis on the body and the tangible reality. Survival and life vs annihilation. The groups of things together for some reason puts me in mind of social--a community of cells, a community of sharks, of jellyfish. A human observing human civilization (the social world). I'd guess soc was subordinate to sp, as the solitariness is emphasized and the social seems almost "bodily" in nature--but some of that could be related to 5 as well.

My best guess.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here you go. Interesting you mention social, when I think of 'social' things, other kinds of images pop in mind than the ones I put above.

It's difficult to separate how well I already know you from the images, but I'll try anyway. There's a certain image focus in the first you posted so 3. There's a restrained heat, and a calming observer vibe, 8 and 5sp. I see Ni (I think). Also the layout is beautiful. I wonder if the symmetry may reflect J.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks, I've been practicing with the instincts a lot. I got a lot of those ideas from one of the Fauvres' classes on the instincts...I was kind of disparaging the class in my head the other day (sorry if you read this Katherine), but it looks like it now has some uses. I love when something you think is crap suddenly blossoms with value.

Second, I want to play. I'd be interested in knowing what people (anyone, not just Peter Deadpan) get from this particular collage (sorry guys, you'll have to follow the link, computer's being stupid):

I'm not saying who specifically made this collage (it may or may not be mine ;) ), but I have it in my possession, and I've gotten some very...unusual feedback on it in the past. Thoughts?

This seems very 6 to me with the themes of war and death, 8 with the theme of protection, 4 with the theme of loss and the intensity of emotion. Sp and sx.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh??? Since when did we have this? Here's mine, type me OwO:

Oh wow, I love some of these!

I want to say I see 5 and 6, sp and a bit of sx. I'm not sure whether there's more 5sp or 6 in general. If I guessed at the rest of your tritype, 4w3 and 1w9.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This is all the time I want to devote to this. I could probably find better, but since I don't 'collect' these things (outside of watercolors) or browse pinterest regularly, I don't have a stash and had to spend time searching for various things. But I guess it will have to do.

Pretty. I would say it's so peaceful...9! It flows, it's serene, the animals being calm... 9. And sx. I think I also see 7 with the traveling, the climbing, the falling through the air.

Jaguar

Is that watercolor cat your work?