• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Ivy's type?

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yah.

Get your mental polaroid camera geared up, starting walking through life, and take pictures of people with different types and categorize them. You'll see each type has a few "common expressions."

Ivy would be in one I've only ever seen in one other person I know. (She's the same infuriating IxFJ split.)

Although I'm trying to step back from Rose and see her with "new" eyes. She's so clearly ISFJ, as her base, but I'm too close to her to see who she has become because of our relationship.

As far as ducks and Geoff, well, of course that ruins everything, doesn't it?

:yes: I've snapshots of all types except the INFJ IRL - that's why I call them my blindspot. If they do not fit into the other 15, they tend to be INFJs then.

:D Re Geoff and ducks :yes: He avoids duck conflict and merely photographs them vs splash after them (don't even ask). Ruin is a question of perspective then. :D

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
there's a typical INFJ?
Maybe not...

Geoff.... INTP... No ENTP would record pictures of ducks and waterfalls so meticulously... They'd try play with the ducks, and find a way to splash in the waterfalls first, then realise they'd forgot the light was changing, and the ducks have been scared off, and the waterfall's looking kind of muddy now...

But apparently there is such a thing as a typical entp.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think what she brandishes over at INTPc is pretty accurate.

IxFx. With this I'd say introverted feeling is probably her strongest point. The next best are the introverted perceiving followed, separated by a decent margin by extroverted feeling. She's not got a lot of Fe. F is there to be sure I just don't see that it's particularly extroverted.

Like Edahn says, she doesn't really coddle people, but that's not really the mark of Fi. You notice she's doesn't go out of her way to prove anything either.

It's not as if Thinking functions are unavailable to her -- I just don't think she relies on them much. She's open to reason though.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Here's my T-argument:

Posts are always logically organized.
Language strives for precision.
Meta-ish humor.
Doesn't coddle people and willing to be honest even if it means hurting someone's feeling temporarily.
Analysis is objective and detached.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Ivy.. I am thinking INTJ. At least the I & T preferences seem pretty clear.. which would imply Te just for that reason.. and the way she talks about type seems to be more N than S. So there you go!

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Here's my T-argument:

Posts are always logically organized.
Language strives for precision.
Meta-ish humor.
Doesn't coddle people and willing to be honest even if it means hurting someone's feeling temporarily.
Analysis is objective and detached.

F types can do that too, though, especially if they're well developed Fs. An INFJ has Ni Fe Ti Se as their functions, and a person with a developed combination of those is almost exactly what you described, I think. Ni for meta humor, Fe for not coddling, and Ti for organization, precision, and objectivity. My interpretation of the functions is debatable, though.

But yeah, I'd say INFJ.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
To the best of my knowledge, Noah is her type. Did I miss something here?

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
For all of me, it depends what she's doing. She has a few different hats she wears. Typically I'd call her INFP, but when she's around her family she goes all SJ, for example. (Except her sister, then they're giggling too much for me to measure a damn thing)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
^^ Right, the hat sorter, people pleaser. I still believe her dominating type is ISFJ.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Dammit! I didn't see this thread before I said I wouldn't be here all week! Fuck.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What's Ivy's type?

I honestly say I have no idea.:thinking:
Ivy is one of the person whose personality type is very hard for me to guess here in MBTIc. I don't know why but it is very interesting! :)

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
Having just finished her project, she's in NF mode again. WOOT! Lovin' abounds.