• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Ivy's type?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What do you think?

My analysis:

DEFINITELY 100% INTROVERT.
Definitely N in her analysis, although I think she also has a lot of S.
The T/F is a tough call, but Ivy calls it like it is, which makes me think T more than F. She doesn't really coddle people, but she still tries to help them. I say T.
J vs. P is tough. I say she's in the middle.

INTX is my best guess.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTX is my best guess.
This is a fun one. :party2:

My impression is that she is not an INTJ though. INTP is plausible. :) If you look at cognitive functions my impression is use of Ne, Si, Fi, and Ti. Ha. One too many "i"'s, so one has to be wrong. Maybe they are all wrong? I'd be mostly curious what Ivy thinks on the topic.

There is an interesting relationship between INTP and ISFJ:

INTP = Ti Ne Si Fe
ISFJ = Si Fe Ti Ne

I wonder if a person could rotate through those somehow? Another two that are reciprocal like that are ISTP and INFJ:

ISTP = Ti Se Ni Fe
INFJ = Ni Fe Ti Se

These relationships are especially interesting because what remains consistent is how the externalized function is internalized. I notice in myself as an INFJ I actually do filter my Sensing through internal logic which makes me a little mechanically inclined. If one's weaker functions are especially developed might it create a certain ambiguity like we see in our Ivy girl? Or am I full of it? My initial impression is that the first pairing is closer to the mark.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Hmm.

She feels like an ISFJ, I know a few and it matches with me instinctively.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A T?

Totally not right.

(Although even if she's IxFJ, the tertiary Ti can become strongly developed and help steer the Fe in decision making.)

...and how many of these threads have we had?
In this realm, Ivy is known as "She Who Is Not To Be Typed."

I know "feels" isn't an easy concept for an INTJ :devil:

Hee. Go ahead and rattle 'im again. :)

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I'm very comfortable with my type. . . thankyouverymuch.

And I'm glad you finally changed that T to an X, Geoff. We're halfway home, buddy.

*hopes Jennifer starts learning from Geoff*

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm very comfortable with my type. . . thankyouverymuch.

And I'm glad you finally changed that T to an X, Geoff. We're halfway home, buddy.

I wish I were. There's still an X at the front too, if I'm honest.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I wish I were. There's still an X at the front too, if I'm honest.
Really? I don't believe that.

Just because you leave the house, unlike the rest of us, doesn't make you an E. Mostly because you seem to be going out to do solitary activities.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

With some things, I'm insufferably resilient.

You read as an "I", Geoff. A pretty friendly, easy-going one, though.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ivy. My blind spot. Methinks INFJ. :yes: Does she mind being put on the box like that?

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
She's an INFJ, but a really balanced one. I've always said, I think her N is the strongest of the four, too. heh

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Really? I don't believe that.

Just because you leave the house, unlike the rest of us, doesn't make you an E. Mostly because you seem to be going out to do solitary activities.

With some things, I'm insufferably resilient.

You read as an "I", Geoff. A pretty friendly, easy-going one, though.

When I was formally tested, and naieve to MBTI, 5 years ago or so, I tested exactly +0 E/I. This was the full 200 question version with interviews with an accredited MBTI practioner. It was then followed up with two days of "fun" exercises where we were observed.

I tested XNTP. Only the NP were well pronounced, with the P being very extreme (+100% P*). The T was about +20, the N about +50.. as I said the E and I were balanced.

*as evident for my lack of concern at derailing the thread :devil:

After observing me in group environments they said on balance I was probably INTP, but could be ENTP or INFP. Thanks, then...

As for the thoughts I could be "F"... I think it's an age thing. If you'd known me (on these forums, or IRL) at 21 I'd have been unquestionably an T. Since then I've really enjoyed getting to grips with my lesser functions... it's the novelty value. People who know me well have concluded :

"I'm an INTP with a spiritual side (Eileen)"
"I'm an INFP, no question (that was Meshou)"
"I'm an INTP who's hobby is people, so feels "warmer" than normal (IRL INFP)".
"I'm an INTP who presents ESFP to the world"*

*see the Two-Faces MBTI theory.

At work I love a balance between the techie side (which is clearly "rational") where I can use my academic talents, and the people stuff. I thoroughly enjoy working with people on their careers.. and basically counselling them. So, that's very INFP/INTP mix depending on which mode I am in.

In conclusion, I think it's probably INTP, but with a well developed use of Fe (Fi?). My reasoning being that at 21 I was as INTP as could be. It's always harder to type people as they get older, assuming they "grow" anyway!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

To an INTJ... everything looks like a nail.

I think the confusing point about Ivy is that she doesn't "lock" with other more obvious INFJs. If she is, she is a different new undocumented species of INFJ. ;)

For example, Eileen and cascade seem to be pretty typical INFJs. And then we have some INFJs with a strong Ti bent and come off as very analytical in nature.

The differences there, mainly, are the typical INFJs come across as more ethereal, whereas Ivy has a solidity/earthiness that is so much more indicative of S. And yet she can totally follow and even has an interest in more N-style discussions. Abstractions don't seem to bother her.

Sigh.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
there's a typical INFJ?

Geoff.... INTP... No ENTP would record pictures of ducks and waterfalls so meticulously... They'd try play with the ducks, and find a way to splash in the waterfalls first, then realise they'd forgot the light was changing, and the ducks have been scared off, and the waterfall's looking kind of muddy now...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
there's a typical INFJ?

Yah.

Get your mental polaroid camera geared up, starting walking through life, and take pictures of people with different types and categorize them. You'll see each type has a few "common expressions."

Ivy would be in one I've only ever seen in one other person I know. (She's the same infuriating IxFJ split.)

Although I'm trying to step back from Rose and see her with "new" eyes. She's so clearly ISFJ, as her base, but I'm too close to her to see who she has become because of our relationship.

As far as ducks and Geoff, well, of course that ruins everything, doesn't it?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My opinion may very well change when I meet her, but I think Ivy is probably an INFJ whose values/life experiences have led her to develop Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving functions more than usual for her someone her age.

• S - She is, I think, the oldest daughter of a large family, so she would have been depended upon to help out growing up. This would have helped in developing her mad SJ skillz.
  • S - She believes in caring for the environment and taking the best possible care of her family, body and soul. Both require a certain focus on the concrete/physical aspects of life.
  • S - She is a mother. Mothering forces you to be more earthy than ethereal, at least until they can think of some more ethereal ways to give birth and change diapers.
  • T - She was encouraged to study on her own and was auditing college classes in high school.
  • T/P - She's been involved with an INTP since she was 17.
  • P - Tolerance and acceptance are a deeply held parts of her value system.