User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I wish I were. There's still an X at the front too, if I'm honest.
    Really? I don't believe that.

Just because you leave the house, unlike the rest of us, doesn't make you an E. Mostly because you seem to be going out to do solitary activities.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    *hopes Jennifer starts learning from Geoff*
    With some things, I'm insufferably resilient.

You read as an "I", Geoff. A pretty friendly, easy-going one, though.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    J!
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Ivy. My blind spot. Methinks INFJ. Does she mind being put on the box like that?

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

She's an INFJ, but a really balanced one. I've always said, I think her N is the strongest of the four, too. heh

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INXP

Really? I don't believe that.

Just because you leave the house, unlike the rest of us, doesn't make you an E. Mostly because you seem to be going out to do solitary activities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

You read as an "I", Geoff. A pretty friendly, easy-going one, though.
    When I was formally tested, and naieve to MBTI, 5 years ago or so, I tested exactly +0 E/I. This was the full 200 question version with interviews with an accredited MBTI practioner. It was then followed up with two days of "fun" exercises where we were observed.

I tested XNTP. Only the NP were well pronounced, with the P being very extreme (+100% P*). The T was about +20, the N about +50.. as I said the E and I were balanced.

*as evident for my lack of concern at derailing the thread

After observing me in group environments they said on balance I was probably INTP, but could be ENTP or INFP. Thanks, then...

As for the thoughts I could be "F"... I think it's an age thing. If you'd known me (on these forums, or IRL) at 21 I'd have been unquestionably an T. Since then I've really enjoyed getting to grips with my lesser functions... it's the novelty value. People who know me well have concluded :

"I'm an INTP with a spiritual side (Eileen)"
    "I'm an INFP, no question (that was Meshou)"
    "I'm an INTP who's hobby is people, so feels "warmer" than normal (IRL INFP)".
    "I'm an INTP who presents ESFP to the world"*

*see the Two-Faces MBTI theory.

At work I love a balance between the techie side (which is clearly "rational") where I can use my academic talents, and the people stuff. I thoroughly enjoy working with people on their careers.. and basically counselling them. So, that's very INFP/INTP mix depending on which mode I am in.

In conclusion, I think it's probably INTP, but with a well developed use of Fe (Fi?). My reasoning being that at 21 I was as INTP as could be. It's always harder to type people as they get older, assuming they "grow" anyway!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

J!
    To an INTJ... everything looks like a nail.

I think the confusing point about Ivy is that she doesn't "lock" with other more obvious INFJs. If she is, she is a different new undocumented species of INFJ.

For example, Eileen and cascade seem to be pretty typical INFJs. And then we have some INFJs with a strong Ti bent and come off as very analytical in nature.

The differences there, mainly, are the typical INFJs come across as more ethereal, whereas Ivy has a solidity/earthiness that is so much more indicative of S. And yet she can totally follow and even has an interest in more N-style discussions. Abstractions don't seem to bother her.

Sigh.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

there's a typical INFJ?

Geoff.... INTP... No ENTP would record pictures of ducks and waterfalls so meticulously... They'd try play with the ducks, and find a way to splash in the waterfalls first, then realise they'd forgot the light was changing, and the ducks have been scared off, and the waterfall's looking kind of muddy now...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    there's a typical INFJ?
    Yah.

Get your mental polaroid camera geared up, starting walking through life, and take pictures of people with different types and categorize them. You'll see each type has a few "common expressions."

Ivy would be in one I've only ever seen in one other person I know. (She's the same infuriating IxFJ split.)

Although I'm trying to step back from Rose and see her with "new" eyes. She's so clearly ISFJ, as her base, but I'm too close to her to see who she has become because of our relationship.

As far as ducks and Geoff, well, of course that ruins everything, doesn't it?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My opinion may very well change when I meet her, but I think Ivy is probably an INFJ whose values/life experiences have led her to develop Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving functions more than usual for her someone her age.

• S - She is, I think, the oldest daughter of a large family, so she would have been depended upon to help out growing up. This would have helped in developing her mad SJ skillz.
    • S - She believes in caring for the environment and taking the best possible care of her family, body and soul. Both require a certain focus on the concrete/physical aspects of life.
    • S - She is a mother. Mothering forces you to be more earthy than ethereal, at least until they can think of some more ethereal ways to give birth and change diapers.
    • T - She was encouraged to study on her own and was auditing college classes in high school.
    • T/P - She's been involved with an INTP since she was 17.
    • P - Tolerance and acceptance are a deeply held parts of her value system.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers