• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Function Phenomenon?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I'm still having trouble determining my type, as I am a very interesting mix of things and inconsistent. I have my own 'Type Me' thread named 'My Typology?', but this thread is focused on my function test results. So I have taken the test five times (well, probably more than that, but just the amount I have the results to), and these are the scores I got:

1st: Fe - Fi - Ni - Si - Ti - Ne - Se - Te
2st: Fe - Se - Ne - Fi - Ti - Te - Ni - Si
3rd: Fi - Te - Ti - Fe - Si - Ni - Se - Ne
4th: Fi - Fe - Si - Ne - Se - Ti - Te - Ni
5th: Fe - Se - Fi - Ni - Ti - Te - Si - Ne

Trends:

- Fe is first for three out of five times; Fi is first for the other two
- Te is in the last three four out of five times
- Ti is fifth three out of five times
- Ne has been last two times -- more than any other function
- Si, Ni, and Se do not seem to have any consistency

The data points to ESFJ or ISFP (Fe > Fi > Se > Ti > Si > Ni > Te > Ne), but everything else points to INFP.

So based on this, what do you think my type is?

Last edited:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, you have pure Supine and 6w5 listed, and with Fi strongest most of the time, that would suggest INFP, which you already have there.

But which test was this? Keys 2 Cognition, by Dario Nardi, or The "Timeless" test by a PerC member, which is on one of the quiz sites?
The impossible orders (at least for the first two functions) suggest the latter. The K2C test usually gives results a type can better be determined from (Je - Pi -...; Ji - Pe-.... etc). If you haven't done that one yet , you should try it and see what you get.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK, I see on your other thread, you did take K2C and got:
Fi - Si - Ne - Te - Se - Fe - Ti - Ni. (Sorry I missed that thread).
Even though that's not a possible order, it is much easier to fit into a type, and actually more explainable.

That would be an INFP with a strong tertiary [Si]. I would go with this over those other results.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But which test was this? Keys 2 Cognition, by Dario Nardi, or The "Timeless" test by a PerC member, which is on one of the quiz sites?
The impossible orders (at least for the first two functions) suggest the latter. The K2C test usually gives results a type can better be determined from (Je - Pi -...; Ji - Pe-.... etc). If you haven't done that one yet , you should try it and see what you get.

Actually, I think at least two of those results I posted I got from taking the Keys 2 Cognition test, two of them from the Personality Café one. The other one I'm not sure, though I don't think I've seen the "Timeless" test you're talking about.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Timeless test is the one on PerC.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I didn't know how to refer to it either, other than "that other test someone posted on PerC. Then, someone referred to Timeless as the author, so that's what I call it now.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I didn't know how to refer to it either, other than "that other test someone posted on PerC. Then, someone referred to Timeless as the author, so that's what I call it now.

Just curious, when it comes to function preference (not order, as in Fi - Ne - Si - Te for INFP), does it have to be in the order of J, P, J, P..., or does it not matter 'cause it's not the order? The reason I'm asking is because I changed my signature to that format because I thought I was doing it wrong when you said, "The K2C test usually gives results a type can better be determined from (Je - Pi -...; Ji - Pe-.... etc)." But now I want to be certain.

Edit: I am going to change it until I get your opinion.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The first two (the ones that determine the type) have to be J, P, with one as i and the other as e.
The order of the others depends on what you are looking at. If you're just using the test order, that's by relative strength, so will not necessarily fit any order.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The first two (the ones that determine the type) have to be J, P, with one as i and the other as e.
The order of the others depends on what you are looking at. If you're just using the test order, that's by relative strength, so will not necessarily fit any order.

But I don't want to be misleading by having Ne as second when it is one of my worst functions. I guess there isn't a way around this, is there? :/

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But I don't want to be misleading by having Ne as second when it is one of my worst functions. I guess there isn't a way around this, is there? :/
Why do you think it's your worst again?
Some of those results it's low, but then in some it's high. The same with the other three perception functions. You were actually all over the place with those results.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you think it's your worst again?
Some of those results it's low, but then in some it's high. The same with the other three perception functions. You were actually all over the place with those results.

I said one of the worst, not the worst. The reason I know is because if you add up all test result positions, Ne will have one of the highest because it has been in rather high positions (I mean, it was last twice).

Silveresque

I just took it, but for some reason, an error message page pops up when I tried submitting the results. Have any idea what that's all about?

The actual scoring part didn't work for me either, so what I did is I scored it myself by adding up all the checked boxes for each function.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's actually a different version of what later became Keys 2 Cognition. That's Berens' site, and she used to host it, but since it is now on Nardi's site (K2C), I don't know if hers work anymore.