I've originally typed myself as 4w5 so/sp, but I'm now starting to doubt my typing because certain aspects don't seem to fit, and in many ways I relate to 5w4 sx/sp.
Here's what doesn't fit for my type:
- I don't express much emotion and I'm not sure how intense my feelings are
- I'm not hypersensitive or envious
- I have little to no sense of community (goes against soc dom)
Here's what does fit for my type:
- I am concerned with having an identity
- I am very imaginative and daydream often
- I care too much about what others think of me (soc dom)
- I am very withdrawn and reclusive (but this could also fit with 5)
I am considering the possibility of being sx dom because right now my biggest desire is to find someone who is like me and able to truly understand me. When I look at general descriptions of soc dom stackings, they don't seem to fit me at all because, as much as I want to fit in, I don't feel comfortable in groups. I feel more at ease in one-on-one situations.
Type 5 could fit me, but I'm not sure whether 4 or 5 fits me better. Identity and competence are both important to me, and I'm not sure which is more important. However, when I look at the levels of development, 4's descriptions sound more like me. I'm not sure I relate to the existential angst part of the 5 description, though. I kind of agree with existential ideas that life has no inherent meaning, but I've never felt angst from this. I'm also not sure whether I relate more to 4's shame or 5's anxiety, although I'm leaning more toward shame.
Please ask me questions to help determine my type! I'm feeling kind of lost and confused right now...