Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Good luck being a five. Ha Ha.

You're getting there, Speedy.

thinking of you

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    What? Never. They always intensify their feelings in depth. Don't bury them.
    No, not always. That habit lessens with age/maturity as the merits of logic and objectivity begin to take root.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    No, not always. That habit lessens with age/maturity as the merits of logic and objectivity begin to take root.
    With maturity, yes, but it's definetly not a reflex to for 4 to bury them.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

With maturity, yes, but it's definetly not a reflex to for 4 to bury them.
    You used the word always about 4w5s and I am disagreeing. I'm not addressing the 'burying' comment. I'm referring to deliberately amplifying particular emotional states; that does not seem to be the hallmark of a 4w5, but I believe rather a 4w3.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    You used the word always about 4w5s and I am disagreeing. I'm not addressing the 'burying' comment. I'm referring to deliberately amplifying particular emotional states; that does not seem to be the hallmark of a 4w5, but I believe rather a 4w3.
    It depends how you see the "intensify thing", I think. I think 4w3 intensify this by extroversion, glamor, competition and flaboyant eccentrisml while 4w5s intensify it more by withdrawing, growing in depth and exploring the dark side of human nature.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

It depends how you see the "intensify thing", I think. I think 4w3 intensify this by extroversion, glamor, competition and flaboyant eccentrisml while 4w5s intensify it more by withdrawing, growing in depth and exploring the dark side of human nature.
    Agreed. There seems to be an 'event apex' where the subtypes either expand or contract.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Now this is interesting. I read all the instinctual variant descriptions on that site for types 4 and 5. Here's how well each fits me:

4 sx - not at all
    4 so - not at all
    4 sp - not at all
    5 sx - 100% fit
    5 so - maybe
    5 sp - maybe

From this it sounds like I'm a 5w4 sx/sp. This totally turns what I originally thought I was upside down. I'm not a 4w5, I'm a 5w4, and I'm not so/sp, I'm sx/sp (the complete opposite). Well, I think I'm satisfied with this typing. It's kind of hard though to think of myself as a five now since I was so sure for so long that I was a four
    Indeed, I've switched enneagram types several times and there's always a strange feeling associated with moving onto another type; it's like moving into a new house or experiencing a new change.

Thanks! That was very helpful!
    You're welcome.

What? Never. They always intensify their feelings in depth. Don't bury them.
    Sometimes they do:

Level 5 (Average - The Level of Interpersonal Control): To stay in touch with feelings, they interiorize everything, taking everything personally, but become self-absorbed and introverted, moody and hypersensitive, shy and self-conscious, unable to be spontaneous or to "get out of themselves." Stay withdrawn to protect their self-image and to buy time to sort out feelings.
    Although of course this is evident only for less than healthy 4's, and those whom wing 5 (5's introversion temperes the 4's expressivness to a degree). 4w3's on the other hand tend to always be slightly more extraverted (although I imagine if they become hypersenetive and overly concerned with image to the point of irrationality thay may become reclusive and hidden for a certain amount of time.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

if you're an INTP, i'd think 5w4 more likely.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green