• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Try and type this guy, please?

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
OK, I don't know him that well. We are just getting to know each other. I only have limited information, but I'll try my best. Feel free to ask any questions.

- Says himself he's an extravert. Well...I said I'm an introvert in passing. And that I think he's an extravert. He asked what those means. :happy2: I explained briefly, and he said he's definitely an extravert. He said he doesn't like being alone, and find it boring. He said his energy is drained while alone. I didn't talk anymore about it than that...yet. ;-) He's a big ball of energy BTW!

- From what he has said, seems to have quite a wide circle of friends. Tells me about adventures he's been on with them. Is pretty damn active. But then most people are compared to me!

- Has this very silly auroa. Very playful. Always smiling. Is teasing in a playful way. Poked fun at me for using Facebook on my phone, while with him. We had previously been talking about Facebook, and how he hates it. "Why do people always interract via the internet? Isn't social networking meant to be...social? Get out there and network!" I then joked later on about how I was on FB on my phone. He was like "I don't know...can't even stop going on there when you're out and about!" Has a teasing kind of sense of humour. Says a girl he went on a few dates with was offended by his SOH. "And I was like thinking get over it, shut up" He says all this with a big grin, and a playful manner though.

- Has strong opinions (values?) like me. We debate all the time! We were even debating about Bon Jovi, lol. He was all passionate about it. Says that girls only like them because they fancy them, same with Johnny Depp. Says that's shallow, and people should like artists for their talent. Seemed totally oblivious to the fact, I was telling him I'm a girl and like them for their music! We're both pretty passionate about our opinions. There's been other examples as well. No arguing (so far) but passionate debating.

- Some things he's said that stood out to me:
"I hate conflict, but like to stand up for what I believe in"

"why think before you act? DO things don't THINK. It might get me in trouble sometimes, but hey *grin*"

Believes in spirits, afterlife, and fate

"I wonder if people are interested in what I have to say. I think they might not be, so I often kinda mumble to myself. The thought is in there, and it's gotta come out, right? So I just mumble it"

"I kinda act like a shrink for my students (he's a driving instructer) I know a lot of them don't have much confidence. I like to build their confidence up, and make them feel at ease. They tend to ease up to me really quick"

He's into fantasy stuff. Loves Harry Potter, Lord of The Rings etc.

Loves rock music, and plays guitar. He's kinda in a band, but they hven't done much in ages.

His place is neat and tidy, but he has a housemate. Not sure who's responsible for the neatness, lol. He presents himself in a neat way. Wears shirts, jeans, and often a leather jacket.

I have a type in my head, but would like others opinions. I won't say it yet, because I don't want to sway anyone. Any ideas?

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
OK, I thought maybe ENFP. What with the spiritual stuff? Not saying S's can't believe in it, but that's just what made me think he might be. I think the silliness could go both ways, both types seem to have that silly auroa about them.

Anymore input would be great. :D

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I would agree with ExFP, with uncertainties about sensing/intuition preferences. Enneagram 7w6 So/Sx.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't see any Ne; he seems more of a live-in-the-moment/experince the external word type of person; Se.

Although more information/analysis would probably be important before making a final tentative.

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
My first impression too was ESFP, it just wasn't enough to carve it in stone. But my assertion of his e-type is left unquestioned?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
OK, I thought maybe ENFP. What with the spiritual stuff? Not saying S's can't believe in it, but that's just what made me think he might be. I think the silliness could go both ways, both types seem to have that silly auroa about them.

Being spiritual has nothing to do with being S/N...Sensors can be highly religious or they can be New Age, whatever. According to Jung, inferior Ni in ESxPs in particular can give them a very mystical sense of their spirituality, replete with symbolic objects and pagan rituals, and that sometimes when inferior Ni is acting up ESxPs can think they're psychic or see things that other people don't see, because of the nature of Ni to "look underneath what is there" or look at things from a different perspective.

I just realized how much that sounds like me. It's why I used to like to go to Catholic mass even though I didn't believe in their catchecism or rules at all. I felt spiritual because of the bells, incense, Latin chants, and the artwork in the cathedrals. Same to do with me feeling spiritual in nature. And sometimes crazily presuming I can read underneath what's there, when in truth I'm not interpreting it correctly.

Anyway, I could go ENFP or ESFP for him. Because what you're describing definitely sounds Pe/Fi/Te..

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

For the ENFPs, the N is a source of their idealism. They can be politically idealistic. I looked through your OP and didn't see anything like that in the description you gave. An ENFP is also a mellower kind of person than an ESFP. Their mellowness can be taken as introversion.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He sounds ESFP... Actually he reminds me of an ESFP guy I used to like who unfortunately turned out to be a whiny flake. Hopefully that won't happen with this guy! :D