• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the type of this girl?

eggfish

-She's really quiet and not very expressive. If you tell her something, you don't even know if she heard you or not because she doesn't respond unless it was a question. She just looks at you, often expressionless.

-She struggles with finding the right words. She's not good at explaining things in ways others can understand. She is somewhat vague.

-She seems robotic and logical.

-She's sensitive to other's feelings.

-Once I got to know her, I realized she can be very cheery and optimistic. She often has a hard time understanding anxious people. She doesn't sweat the small stuff. She's very calm.

-She more often expresses a positive opinion of someone than a negative one. It is easy to go to her for advice because I feel like she will try her best to understand where I'm coming from and not judge me harshly.

-She's blunt and honest. Sometimes she offends people, but she tries not to. She has a hard time understanding why something is offensive, and she does not get offended very easily.

-Her interests include playing musical instruments, hanging out with friends, and researching things that interest her.

-She doesn't seem that interested in academics. She sleeps during class.

-It is difficult to get her enthusiastic about things. On the bright side, bad things don't seem to upset her much either. Her emotions aren't very extreme.

-She seems like someone who would be very tidy, and I was surprised to see that her room is actually a huge mess without a visible floor.

-She goes out of her way to make other people comfortable. She is generous, even to people she doesn't know well.

Guesses? Questions?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Best guess, INFJ. Beyond that, seems like she uses a balance of Ti and Fe, definitely is introverted, no doubt about that. Could be ISFJ as well.

How exactly does she obtain information? What exactly is her learning process like and how does it function when around others? Exactly how does she make a deicison? What factors come first and how does she ultimately judge things? Strong points and weaknesses?

Also, welcome to the forums :hi:

eggfish

Best guess, INFJ. Beyond that, seems like she uses a balance of Ti and Fe, definitely is introverted, no doubt about that. Could be ISFJ as well.

How exactly does she obtain information? What exactly is her learning process like and how does it function when around others? Exactly how does she make a deicison? What factors come first and how does she ultimately judge things? Strong points and weaknesses?

Also, welcome to the forums :hi:

She got INTP/ENTP on a free online test (I don't think she's an extrovert, though she's usually around people and told me she prefers being around friends than being alone. She tends to hang around a group of people without talking much; she mostly listens until she has something good to say), but I'm not sure about that because it seems like her Fe isn't weak enough for her to be ITP (Ti-dominant/Fe-inferior).

I wondered if she was INFJ (I don't see her as an ISFJ because she often misses details and has trouble recalling them; she seems too absent-minded and enthusiastic about theories to be an SJ, but I won't completely rule it out just for that).

It is difficult to answer the questions you ask since I am not her and cannot read her mind. However, I can point out things that I consider to be strengths and weaknesses in her (though, I'm biased).

She's very passive. She mostly hangs out with guys (I've never seen her hold a conversation with a female), and these guys sexually harrass her. She either likes it, or she doesn't speak up about not liking it. It's hard to tell. Also, I've seen her be verbally bullied, and she doesn't do anything. She just shrugs it off and keeps about her business. Sometimes she smiles when it happens.

She has a difficult time making decisions. She asks for other peoples' opinions to help her, but she usually doesn't even choose what other people say to choose. I do this too and wonder if she does it for the same reason I do (to see all the options and see if someone noticed something she missed). She often changes her mind.

She can be really stubborn and absolutely hates being told what to do. She is better at thinking logically when there is no pressure. If she feels pressured, she will become determined not do it. However, take the pressure off, and she seems more likely to consider the possibility that your idea is the wiser one. She explained this to me.

Do you have any questions that would be easier for me to answer considering I can't read her mind and know exactly how she makes decisions and obtains information?

Thank you for the welcome.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She got INTP/ENTP on a free online test (I don't think she's an extrovert, though she's usually around people and told me she prefers being around friends than being alone. She tends to hang around a group of people without talking much; she mostly listens until she has something good to say), but I'm not sure about that because it seems like her Fe isn't weak enough for her to be ITP (Ti-dominant/Fe-inferior).

I wondered if she was INFJ (I don't see her as an ISFJ because she often misses details and has trouble recalling them; she seems too absent-minded and enthusiastic about theories to be an SJ, but I won't completely rule it out just for that).

It is difficult to answer the questions you ask since I am not her and cannot read her mind. However, I can point out things that I consider to be strengths and weaknesses in her (though, I'm biased).

She's very passive. She mostly hangs out with guys (I've never seen her hold a conversation with a female), and these guys sexually harrass her. She either likes it, or she doesn't speak up about not liking it. It's hard to tell. Also, I've seen her be verbally bullied, and she doesn't do anything. She just shrugs it off and keeps about her business. Sometimes she smiles when it happens.

She has a difficult time making decisions. She asks for other peoples' opinions to help her, but she usually doesn't even choose what other people say to choose. I do this too and wonder if she does it for the same reason I do (to see all the options and see if someone noticed something she missed). She often changes her mind.

She can be really stubborn and absolutely hates being told what to do. She is better at thinking logically when there is no pressure. If she feels pressured, she will become determined not do it. However, take the pressure off, and she seems more likely to consider the possibility that your idea is the wiser one. She explained this to me.

Ignore one time MBTI dichotomy based tests; results from any test often need to be taken with a grain of salt and careful consideration, results from bad dichotomy tests should be ignored entirely (only functions tests should really be considered). Beyond that, from the information that you posted, INFJ seems most likely; how do the descriptions match her? Although some descriptions should also be taken with a grain of salt . . .

Do you have any questions that would be easier for me to answer considering I can't read her mind and know exactly how she makes decisions and obtains information?

Perhaps you could ask her to answer the questions herself? I can't think of anything more simplistic. Oh, and if she complies with taking a test, I know of an excellent Cognitive Functions test that she can take.

Sure thing. :) Always good to make the newcomers feel welcome.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ
Edit: could be any NF

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think we need more data, you could be describing me and I'm ENFP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

based on this, my best guess is ENFP 6 sx/sp, but she could still be any NF type (she doesn't sound like a T)

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh shit, missed the other post haha. But ENFP or INFP both seem plausible.

eggfish

Oh, and if she complies with taking a test, I know of an excellent Cognitive Functions test that she can take.

She fits the INFJ profile quite well, although she scored really high on perceiving on the letter test. She said she would be willing to take another test. Would you recommend a cognitive functions one?

eggfish

based on this, my best guess is ENFP 6 sx/sp, but she could still be any NF type (she doesn't sound like a T)

She was already familiar with enneagram before we started talking about personality theories, and she said she thinks she's a type 9w1 sp/sx but isn't sure.

Also, more info:

She complains about people making strong judgements about people they don't know well. She's an atheist and finds that some people make assumptions on her character based on just that. She complains about uptight people. She complains about irrational people. She complains about group-think. Those are some of her pet peeves.

Also, she said she had trouble with the T vs F questions because she feels she uses both equally, saying that it is often logical to make decisions based on emotions. She then admitted that she tends to make decisions based on her gut, her intuition.

eggfish

She said she had trouble relating to most of the statements on the test, and she didn't score very high on any of them except Ne. She got Ne - Ti - Fi - Ni - Fe - Si - Se - Te.

INTP.
I guess that's kind of settled, then. According to his, she's definitely an NP type but probably not ENFP since Te scored so low. ENTP and INFP may be likely.

Well, that was easy. I made the thread because I wanted to figure out her type before making her take a test.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The problem with these cognitive function tests is that they don't test for the auxiliary function. They only test for dominant functions. The questions on these tests only define the various dominant functions. The definition of an auxiliary function has nothing to do with how often the function is used relative to the dominant. Ne dominant is a different kind of "beast" from Ne auxiliary.

Ti is the function I use to invent new theories; Ne is the function I use to sort and gather information for new theories. The Ne dominant, on the other, thinks in terms of ideals, of betterment, of the new and improved. The Ti dominant seeks ideas, the Ne dominant seeks the ideal.