User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the type of this girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    based on this, my best guess is ENFP 6 sx/sp, but she could still be any NF type (she doesn't sound like a T)
    She was already familiar with enneagram before we started talking about personality theories, and she said she thinks she's a type 9w1 sp/sx but isn't sure.

Also, more info:

She complains about people making strong judgements about people they don't know well. She's an atheist and finds that some people make assumptions on her character based on just that. She complains about uptight people. She complains about irrational people. She complains about group-think. Those are some of her pet peeves.

Also, she said she had trouble with the T vs F questions because she feels she uses both equally, saying that it is often logical to make decisions based on emotions. She then admitted that she tends to make decisions based on her gut, her intuition.

Banned Array
    6w7 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by eggfish View Post
    She fits the INFJ profile quite well, although she scored really high on perceiving on the letter test. She said she would be willing to take another test. Would you recommend a cognitive function one?

Whisky Old & Women Young Array Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    6w7 sx/sp

INTP I'd say.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post

She said she had trouble relating to most of the statements on the test, and she didn't score very high on any of them except Ne. She got Ne - Ti - Fi - Ni - Fe - Si - Se - Te.

I guess that's kind of settled, then. According to his, she's definitely an NP type but probably not ENFP since Te scored so low. ENTP and INFP may be likely.

Well, that was easy. I made the thread because I wanted to figure out her type before making her take a test.

5w4 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    The problem with these cognitive function tests is that they don't test for the auxiliary function. They only test for dominant functions. The questions on these tests only define the various dominant functions. The definition of an auxiliary function has nothing to do with how often the function is used relative to the dominant. Ne dominant is a different kind of "beast" from Ne auxiliary.

Ti is the function I use to invent new theories; Ne is the function I use to sort and gather information for new theories. The Ne dominant, on the other, thinks in terms of ideals, of betterment, of the new and improved. The Ti dominant seeks ideas, the Ne dominant seeks the ideal.
    "I absorb energy like a sponge everywhere I go. It allows me to see the world and my purpose in it." Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (INFJ)