User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Please, please help me type my new crush......

I'd really appreciate your help concerning the typing of my new crush, because I am completely clueless about his type, even though I had quite a clear idea at the beginning....

so, he:

- is an extremely associative thinker.....we can talk for hours on end, just hopping from one association to another.....I had an immediate connection to his way of thinking and feel that we are extremely similar in the way we think....
    - he doubts everything all the time. the only thing he's sure of is his DOUBT. he has problems making decisions, and often ends up doing nothing and all with the feeling that his life is passing him by....even though he has so many visions and ideas of what he'd like to do. he has never had a long relationship, and he's almost thirty now. he says that as soon as he feels what he has with a woman is defined as a "relationship", be gets extremely scared and wants to leave.....even if what he is actually having with a woman IS a relationship, that is, includes all such things as meeting often, having sex, understanding each other and being faithful to one another....
    - he studies literature as his major, and sociology and history as minor (?) subjects.
    - he can be very ambitious, but has problems to nail things down in exams.
    - is extremely self-reflective and tends to hide his light under a bushel, even though he is very intelligent.
    - he is creative in that he writes poetry and short stories. initially he wanted to be an actor but failed the qualifying examinations.
    - I think he is very aware of other's feelings, and tends to try to suit everybody.
    - is quite direct in communication, always wants to tell the truth.
    - is able to remember a lot of details from the things/stories he has read and to re-tell those very vividly.
    - says that the academic way has somewhat disappointed him/ is not his way. he has thought of doing a hands-on job after finishing uni (in order to stop his continuous brooding).
    - as a child he wanted to become an astronaut in order to discover the last secrets of the universe .....has also dreamed of becoming a racer ....and a writer.

that's all I can think of at the moment..... I'll add further things later.
    I'd be really, really, really thankful for any of your impressions....the thing is, this "non-relationship" we are having is really bugging me out....I have the feeling that we are the "perfect fit", it's hard to describe, but.....that we are also the most dangerous combination I can think of :/.......

MBTI
    INTP

infp?

does he throw hissy fits?
    I 50 N 100 T 62 P 39

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

INFP, maybe INTP. I think the more interesting question is why you think a man who gets bugged out by anything resembling a relationship is the perfect fit for you!
    INTPish ENTP with sporadic INFP tendencies
    (also kind of indecisive)
    4w5

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by storybrook View Post
    INFP, maybe INTP. I think the more interesting question is why you think a man who gets bugged out by anything resembling a relationship is the perfect fit for you!
    ah....that's a good question.....I have to admit that it is DESPITE his getting bugged out by anything resembling a relationship that I think he is the perfect fit.....I guess it is due to this exact thing that he IS NOT the perfect fit :/..... i got extremely hurt and traumatized by the break up of my last and first relationship, I think this could have much to do with this (and the fact that I meet this guy despite the fact that I know I want a relationship)......

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

INFP probably a 4w5
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

He sounds like me--stay away. Like me, I have problems with long-term relationships. When I think they might "go" somewhere, I back the fuck out. I have always done it even if the person is good to me and has not done me wrong. Knowing he is almost thirty, he'll probably leave you just the same. The problem is a fear of commitment and letting yourself seem vulnerable to the other person. I'm not sure what type he is though.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

sounds like INFP.

do you know if he wants a long-term relationship?

an INFJ might be very good for him, if so. you are low-key and stable.

MBTI
    INFJ

I asked him to do the human metrics test, and there he got ISFJ, very high on I, only 1 point on the S-side, and F and J around 38 or so.....dont really know what to make of that.....I know it's just a test, though. but I'd never expected ISFJ..... he could well be an INFJ like me....

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    sounds like INFP.

do you know if he wants a long-term relationship?

an INFJ might be very good for him, if so. you are low-key and stable.
    um, thanks for the compliments ....INFJs can also veeery demanding and I know INFJs who are very unstable if they have not developed their Fe well.....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I wanted to say INFP -- but there was nothing in the original post about him being "sensitive" -- which I think is something you would pick up right away

Could be INTP...
    4w5 sp/sx EII