First 123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Halfjillhalfjack View Post
    I asked him to do the human metrics test, and there he got ISFJ, very high on I, only 1 point on the S-side, and F and J around 38 or so.....dont really know what to make of that.....I know it's just a test, though. but I'd never expected ISFJ..... he could well be an INFJ like me....
    It sounds like he's almost even on the N/S scale, with 1 point toward the S.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

INFP, excellent use of Si.

(Si always battling for attention with Ne. That is a nice balanced mix, but may cause a lot of the doubt and indecision, and make him look more "J" at the same time.) That's my initial assessment. I actually didn't see any J at first- but he sees J and you see J, so I'm guessing there must be some J element in there.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

(Si always battling for attention with Ne. That is a nice balanced mix, but may cause a lot of the doubt and indecision, and make him look more "J".) That's my initial assessment.
    What does "excellent" mean in this context? Maybe his Si tertiary is excellent at ruining his relationships? And his Ne is underexpressed, it remains in the brainwave state. Maybe that's the source of his "continuous brooding."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    What does "excellent" mean in this context? Maybe his Si tertiary is excellent at ruining his relationships? And his Ne is underexpressed, it remains in the brainwave state. Maybe that's the source of his "continuous brooding."
    Maybe, I don't know. Like I said, I didn't see it. I thought it may be the reason he mistyped as ISFJ and she thought he might be INFJ. (She sees J, he sees SJ.) Since I didn't see it, I can't say how it would manifest. I saw INFP.

Edit: He may not have even mistyped, I'm just pondering.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Maybe, I don't know. Like I said, I didn't see it. I thought it may be the reason he mistyped as ISFJ and she thought he might be INFJ. (She sees J, he sees SJ.) Since I didn't see it, I can't say how it would manifest. I saw INFP.

Edit: He may not have even mistyped, I'm just pondering.
    I'm using INFP to draw out the Si tertiary. It can be overexpressed while brooding over the past, compensating for an Ne that is relatively passive. This makes for an overly withdrawn character. Too much introversion is bad for you, and in the past a withdrawn attitude has been seen as a sign of neurotic conflict. Around here they call it an Fi-Si tertiary loop.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Let me give you an example from the MBTI description of the INFP: "INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper. INFPs also appear frequently in social service professions, such as counselling or teaching. They are at their best in situations where they're working towards the public good, and in which they don't need to use hard logic.

INFPs who function in their well-developed sides can accomplish great and wonderful things, which they will rarely give themselves credit for. Some of the great, humanistic catalysts in the world have been INFPs."

The INFP in question, however, is doing none of that. This INFP has shown excellent facility at wishing and hoping. It may or may not be wishing on a grandiose scale, although a child wishing to become an astronaut someday is not grandiose, it's just being a child. I'm just saying that wishing and hoping is not accomplishing. It is not expressing extraverted-N of the personality type. A personality underexpressing its auxiliary type naturally reverts to using some other faculty, particularly the tertiary.

I don't know if that has anything to do with breaking off relationships, although that may be inferior Te coming into play.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

(Si always battling for attention with Ne. That is a nice balanced mix, but may cause a lot of the doubt and indecision, and make him look more "J" at the same time.) That's my initial assessment. I actually didn't see any J at first- but he sees J and you see J, so I'm guessing there must be some J element in there.
    I thought it may be the reason he mistyped as ISFJ and she thought he might be INFJ. (She sees J, he sees SJ.) Since I didn't see it, I can't say how it would manifest. I saw INFP.
    Actually, this all sounds a lot like me. I am an INFP with weak Ne, and I originally mistyped as ISFJ.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Actually, this all sounds a lot like me. I am an INFP with weak Ne, and I originally mistyped as ISFJ.
    As an INTP, I have ISTJ traits. But I never mistyped myself as that. The original test wasn't that complex. I had equal N/S scores, and a rather high J score. And as usual, 100% introvert.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

As an INTP, I have ISTJ traits. But I never mistyped myself as that. The original test wasn't that complex. I had equal N/S scores, and a rather high J score. And as usual, 100% introvert.
    I had pretty much had equal J and P scores but a rather high S score.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I had pretty much equal J and P scores but a rather high S score.
    I don't think there's any rule for that. But I hadn't put this together until I came to this forum and discovered the importance of tertiaries. It's not originally Jungian, but it explains a lot of discrepancies in the MBTI, such as mistyping problems and those who have two types that fit equally well.

There might be a rule for determining what someone's tertiary MBTI type is.