• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Okay, I'm seriously reconsidering ESTJ

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
could you elaborate?

Well, the best example of this is that if someone doesn't find the girl I like to be attractive, I feel like I have just been gutted. :/

PS: it's off topic but I don't mind, this thread has completely bit the dust, so we might as well talk about something more

Sure thing. XD

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, the best example of this is that if someone doesn't find the girl I like to be attractive, I feel like I have just been gutted. :/
Sure thing. XD

I don't want to make an assumption right away, but so far you sound more like someone who likes to connect with/understand people, but who wants to feel safe and doesn't want to feel vulnerable. of course I don't want to assume anything, but my intuition is leaning in that direction, please continue :D

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't want to make an assumption right away, but so far you sound more like someone who likes to connect with/understand people, but who wants to feel safe and doesn't want to feel vulnerable. of course I don't want to assume anything, but my intuition is leaning in that direction, please continue

Haha, would that be Type 6? But anyway, please continue what, exactly? Explaining how my opinions are attached to my ego? Or continue the discussion?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, would that be Type 6? But anyway, please continue what, exactly? Explaining how my opinions are attached to my ego? Or continue the discussion?

this, and trying to type you at this point would be assumptive without MUCH more information, so feel free to share as much as you like :yes:

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this, and trying to type you at this point would be assumptive without MUCH more information, so feel free to share as much as you like

Hmm, well, I couldn't really give you a definitive and completely accurate analysis as to why I feel that way other than that I get defensive about my opinions (though I don't try to go to the extent of upsetting people when I'm arguing for my opinion). But I have my own thread you can read. Or I could just import the bits of self-diagnosis I have on there to here, if you'd like. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, well, I couldn't really give you a definitive and completely accurate analysis as to why I feel that way other than that I get defensive about my opinions (though I don't try to go to the extent of upsetting people when I'm arguing for my opinion). But I have my own thread you can read. Or I could just import the bits of self-diagnosis I have on there to here, if you'd like. :)

that's not a question of ego, it's a question of security and whether you take things personally. ego would be "I'm offended" you sound more "hey! I am not!"

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
that's not a question of ego, it's a question of security and whether you take things personally. ego would be "I'm offended" you sound more "hey! I am not!"

So, have you reached any conclusions yet Sir Elfboy the First?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hmm... Perhaps I'm not making myself clear enough. :p I don't get defensive about being put down (as I frequently pity myself), I just get this feeling of "My opinion and therefore myself must be worthless since other people hold the same opinion (I know, typing it out, it seems silly), but it's easier to describe physically as having a heavy stomach or something.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm... Perhaps I'm not making myself clear enough. :p I don't get defensive about being put down (as I frequently pity myself), I just get this feeling of "My opinion and therefore myself must be worthless since other people hold the same opinion (I know, typing it out, it seems silly), but it's easier to describe physically as having a heavy stomach or something.
hmm, that sounds like either 1, 2, 3 or 6. not sure which so far. could you tell me a little more about yourself?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm, that sounds like either 1, 2, 3 or 6. not sure which so far. could you tell me a little more about yourself?

Sure, though I don't want to have to spend a bunch of time typing stuff out that I already have typed out, so I'll just import it from my own thread. :p

From my thread:

OP:
Hello everyone. I'm new to this typology stuff (MBTI and Enneagram), so you'll have to brief me on common 'typology language'. I've been trying to understand my MBTI and Enneagram types, but it's only lead to frustration, as none of the types seem to even fit me a great deal, though I am not reliable when it comes to typing myself because I can be very indecisive and confused. But, then again, my friends and family type me differently. Actually, I believe everyone I have asked has typed me differently, both in Enneagram and MBTI. However, the most common types I get for each are 6w5 and 4w5 and ISFP and ISFJ. I would personally like to know EVERYTHING about my typology down to the order of my function preferences, my Enneagram triads, my "socionics type" (is that right?), my interaction style and temperament, and everything else there is.

One thing about me is that I want to know... everything. I'll admit, I'm a very nosy person, and I ask lots and lots of questions. I am a terrible improviser and have trouble speaking 'off the cuff'. I think it's because I'm so scatter-brained and have millions of thoughts running through my brain that I can't organize my thoughts very well. When I was younger, though, I took psychological tests, and part of the results showed that I was very inflexible. What's weird is that I dislike authority, having deadlines (hello! big procrastinator here!), and prefer to have variety in my options. And I have been diagnosed with A.D.H.D when I was younger (though I personally believe that if I do have it, it's dwindled down to just A.D.D., and I think I might have Asperger's syndrome). I certainly do get distracted a lot.

For decision making, I think I'm a big-time F, though some say that I'm pragmatic and logical. I mean, I'm pretty good at Soduku and Chess, and those are both logical games, right? Also, I tend to analyze everything and break it down (this goes hand-in-hand with me me wanting to know everything), but I'm not sure if that has to do with T and F. Personally, though, I believe I'm naturally biased, not objective.

As for Introverted or Extraverted?

As Savage Idealist said in his thread, I am naturally "a very shy person who is somewhat anti-social[, b]ut I do want to sometimes interact with others and embrace companionship, which is why I turn to the internet for my socialization. Although my shyness over time has slowly started to diminish from what it used to be a long time ago, so with time shyness may not even be relevant. Perhaps then I'm an extrovert who has yet to come out of his shell?"

And I don't know about N. I'm constantly worrying about the outcome of something, but I don't 'experiment' because I want to know everything before getting into it. To help me out, what are some N characteristics?

To further help type me, here's a list of basic characteristics of my personality:

- Partially co-dependent and practically incapable of original thought, yet incredibly stubborn and very self-opinionated (i.e. it's hard for me to comprehend an opinion other than mine as 'right')
- Extremely competitive, emotional, passionate, argumentative, and temperamental, yet passive/pacifistic, empathetic/sympathetic (though sometimes detached?), sensitive, modest, and extremely insecure and self-conscious
- Naturally and easily 'distractable' with work, yet determined and persistent about things I care about
- Extremely inquisitive and philosophical, yet nonchalant at times
- Socially inept and awkward and considerably shy, yet 'solitude/loneliness-dreadful' (i.e. I dislike being lonely)
- Perfectionistic about own work, yet tolerant and accepting of others(')
* Undeniably anxious and fearful, especially in doing things that might have permanent implications

Other things that might be helpful...

- On D&D alignment, I either get Lawful Good or Neutral Good.

- Politically speaking, I'm very moderately left and considerably libertarian.

- My religious views are agnostic atheistic.

Another thing I would like to add when it comes to law, I am a big rule follower, but I would consider myself a 'theoretical rebel', as in I would most likely not follow through with any rebellious thoughts.

I'm a big direction follower[.] I like following instructions as much as possible. But then I can also be very forgetful at times too.

I'm pretty lazy and not a hard worker, but when I do do work, I'm perfectionistic about it. Some might consider me OCD, but it's only with some things. Like my room, I don't care if it's messy or not and I don't take the time to organize it much at all, but if it comes to, say, doing the dishes, I have my own little organization of how I put up the dishes and how I put in the dishes. I also have to keep the Uno or playing card pile straightened out and I don't like to bend the cover of new books, to list some examples.

[...] If there was one thing I got under people's skin with, it is that I argue about EVERYTHING, and I do. I don't play Devil's Advocate -- I just disagree a lot. People constantly tell me that I could "argue with a brick wall."

[...] I dislike authority and am a big advocate of personal liberty. I like to speculate various options before making a decision, can have a short attention span, and, even though I like to plan before doing something, I usually go with feelings of the moment.

I know I'm really stubborn, but I wouldn't necessarily say I'm "proven-experience oriented." When I try new things, I don't use past experience to guide me -- but that's just when I actually DO try new things. It's not that I don't want to -- I would just rather know what I'm getting into before trying it [...].

[...] I'm very passionate about my disgust for "old, traditional values" and the right-wing way of thinking. I mean, really, why is there a conscious-driven hate for anything different in the right-wing mantra? I can't stand it. I'm very tolerant of others and have ["universal"] empathy, but I'm just not enthusiastic to try new things for myself.

I am able to accept that everyone has differing views and that people are separate entities from society and don't hold grudges against those who hold views I don't agree with. I understand that people's own perspectives may take precedence over society, and rules are of relative importance. I view (or, believe, rather) rules as useful but changeable mechanisms, and, ideally, they can maintain the general social order and protect human rights. I do not see them (or believe they should, rather) as 'absolute 'that must be obeyed without question.

[...] The best way to describe my social perspective is that I'll 'take in' or interact or talk to anyone who is willing to talk to me (as I like people) and even enjoy company as long as they aren't unfriendly, but I do not proactively seek out social interaction. What does that mean though?

From next big post:

- People close to me (namely my closer friends) say I strike them as having strong Si, and while that may be true in some aspects (for example, I am uncomfortable putting myself in an unfamiliar position (though it's not because I think a previous way of doing things is more efficient or that I'm skeptical that something new and different will work just as good or better or some shit like that, but because I am VERY unsure of myself) and it's hard for me to do things on the spot without some premeditation, especially with writing stuff, including this), but I don't relate to the whole (and it's hard for me to put into words, as I frequently have trouble articulating myself, so please forgive me) keeping traditional values, keeping things the way they always have been, and the conventionality. I'm rather unconventional, actually, and have my own personal values and beliefs (that I think it would be good that the rest of the world adopted) that mainly just takes into account logically that humans are flawed beings by nature and for that reason shouldn't be chastised for it (those who are really doing bad by society's standards need to be helped) and that things aren't black and white.

- While what I just said may indicate Fi, I do relate a lot to Fe because I'm always worried about hurting peoples feelings (as I am a people-oriented person) and the only time that I do something that might hurt someone's feelings is when someone has an unethical opinion of some sort that disregards someone or some people in some way and I argue why the opinion/view is faulty to get them to realize that what they are thinking is unprincipled (again, it's hard to put into words) and so they don't hurt someone or some people if they put whatever that opinion is into practice, and if I do hurt their feelings, I feel bad (as I do any other time I hurt someone's feelings). It's almost as if Fe and Fi are working together.

- This is a strange one, as I am shy for people (as I get) who are either being the center of attention to more than three people while looking ridiculous or extravert themselves a lot in a way that most others would make fun of (at least in their head), but that's probably because I know how judgmental people can be and I feel sorry for them that they are being unfairly judged.

-As I said in my OP, I'm scatter-brained, as I have tons of thoughts running through my head (plus, I was diagnosed with A.D.H.D. as a kid), but I've noticed (and this has become especially and increasingly apparent in the last few months, which is odd since I never use to do it before) that with any significant thought that I want and can put into action, I try to "save" in my head for later so it can come to fruition and over a bit of time, I develop a stack of things, and I usually forget a thing or two, which sometimes upsets me. I also do this in the form of writing, only it's a little different because the thoughts I want to put into writing come in short, indefinite "flashes" of wording and/or phrasing that sometimes takes a few minutes at a time to think of how it's put together and usage of the thesaurus because sometimes there are single words in these "flashes" that are hard for me to put my finger on but I know the meaning of it. It's really hard to explain. I suppose I'm just so uncreative that my mind has to search for bits to text to put together that I have seen before (wait, that's Si, isn't it?...).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sure, though I don't want to have to spend a bunch of time typing stuff out that I already have typed out, so I'll just import it from my own thread. :p

From my thread:

OP:

From next big post:

so far you sound like an INFJ 6w5

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? Why is that?

6w5 because you're skeptical, cautious and have a nervous energy about you.
INFJ because you're like an ISFJ with some key differences
- you're a grand direction follower
- you're stubborn in what sounds like an Ni (Introverted Intuition, the first function of INTJs and INFJs)
- you're intellectual
- you like to know everything before you start. this is Ni. you gather ALL the information and then BOOM your mind starts spewing out plans and ideas all at once once you reach the tipping point

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6w5 because you're skeptical, cautious and have a nervous energy about you.
INFJ because you're like an ISFJ with some key differences
- you're a grand direction follower
- you're stubborn in what sounds like an Ni (Introverted Intuition, the first function of INTJs and INFJs)
- you're intellectual
- you like to know everything before you start. this is Ni. you gather ALL the information and then BOOM your mind starts spewing out plans and ideas all at once once you reach the tipping point

Hmm... Can Ni be misconstrued as Si? I get that I have strong Si a lot. What are the differences between the two?