• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Okay, I'm seriously reconsidering ESTJ

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're too accessible to be a TJ, as well as being big attention whore.

The only T type I could see you being, therefore, is ExTP.

But I'm pretty damn sure you're ExFP.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm seeing if he is as logical as he claims to be.

Obviously he is not.

you_win_one_internet_seal_red_sticker-p217866472331675227qjcl_400.jpg

that's ExTJ off the list.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
shame is for the weak.
Type 3. :yes:

Speaking as an ESTJ, I think the idea that you're an ESTJ is pretty ridiculous. Your Te is too reactive; ENFPs use their Te as a tool, when their Fi riles them up about something. ESTJs don't know how to NOT use their Te. You know the "Te Bitchslap" that xNFPs are always talking about? ESTJs don't do that, because they don't let their Te/Fi-related frustration build up to the extent that it would be necessary. But ENFPs channel their Te with an aggressive impulsiveness that I find unmistakable.

Also -- and people have said this already -- your initial reasoning for reconsidering ESTJ was based on superficial things that aren't really type-related.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 3. :yes:

Speaking as an ESTJ, I think the idea that you're an ESTJ is pretty ridiculous. Your Te is too reactive; ENFPs use their Te as a tool, when their Fi riles them up about something. ESTJs don't know how to NOT use their Te. You know the "Te Bitchslap" that xNFPs are always talking about? ESTJs don't do that, because they don't let their Te/Fi-related frustration build up to the extent that it would be necessary. But ENFPs channel their Te with an aggressive impulsiveness that I find unmistakable.

Also -- and people have said this already -- your initial reasoning for reconsidering ESTJ was based on superficial things that aren't really type-related.

unfortunately I think so at the moment :( (I'm still a 3 hater lol)
but I am reconsidering 7w8 as most of the online tests I've taken were maxed our on 7 and 8

I'll supply the customary caution that online tests are frequently unreliable. 9 is usually quite low down the list on the others even though I have few doubts that it's my enneagram. I can think of only one that pegged me as a 9 (and it wasn't a good test even though it supplied the correct result.)

Do you identify with any of the growth and stress points of 3, 7 or 8? That's what clinched 9 for me; I identify far more with the growth/stress directions of 9 than of 4 or 5.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
unfortunately I think so at the moment :( (I'm still a 3 hater lol)
You shouldn't be. My best friend is an ENFJ 3 sx, and he's awesome. :)

What did you think of my other points, though? I haven't seen any feedback from you, regarding the serious/logical reasons why you wouldn't be ESTJ (including mine, but also others on this thread).

T

ThatGirl

- I am very picky about things. I want the best and I will not except a gift that is unfitting think it is rude to not show some appreciation for a gift that someone took the time to chose for you.

- my Te kicks ass :cool: Yeah, okay.

- I'm impatient with boring theory. I hate studying putting in my time just like everyone else complete the classes I need to.

- I do have strong Fi, but it doesn't manefest the same way as an FPs (who tend to be more like flower children) ........

- I have standards for people, they don't get accepted unless my standards are met am accepting of people, but can be overly critical of their actions. I have little tolerance for lazy or self centered people, as an example. People who complain too much without doing something, or think they are somehow deserving of special treatment.

- I value practical results more than people. I frequent tell my parents to get out of my room because I value my plans more than I do them my family, heritage, traditions or customs, even if they are only what I created myself. I like to feel unity with my peers.

- while I believe in equal rights and respect for all people (unless proven unworthy of it), I frankly just do not like women. okay, I like a few women, but only if they're charming, pleasant and polite WTF? Since when do ESTJs hate women?

- I have a tastes for traditionally sophisticated pleasures such as opera, tea, wine and elegant dress >.< How on earth does that mean ESTJ?

I realize I just responded to generalizations with generalizations, but having known many ESTJs, that has got to be the most asinine argument I have ever heard as to why someone would be an ESTJ.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Queers are obviously fun to hang out with, but not gay thread like this.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Queers are obviously fun to hang out with, but not gay thread like this.

then why are you here? did you assume that this thread would be fun because I am gay? are you here to "hang out"? did you come here to help? if the first, you have made a foolish generalization. if they second, that wasn't the purpose of this thread. if the third, you are being counterproductive and would be better off leaving for both of our sakes. thankyou and goodbye :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll supply the customary caution that online tests are frequently unreliable. 9 is usually quite low down the list on the others even though I have few doubts that it's my enneagram. I can think of only one that pegged me as a 9 (and it wasn't a good test even though it supplied the correct result.)

Do you identify with any of the growth and stress points of 3, 7 or 8? That's what clinched 9 for me; I identify far more with the growth/stress directions of 9 than of 4 or 5.

definitely 7 or 1. I don't have an ounce of 2 or 6 in me

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You shouldn't be. My best friend is an ENFJ 3 sx, and he's awesome. :)

What did you think of my other points, though? I haven't seen any feedback from you, regarding the serious/logical reasons why you wouldn't be ESTJ (including mine, but also others on this thread).

I wanted to reconsider the possibility of being an unhealthy ESTJ that looked like an NFP. most of my traits in common with ESTJ are more like vastly unhealthy, stereotyped ESTJs than healthy ESTJs.

Nicodemus

then why are you here? did you assume that this thread would be fun because I am gay? are you here to "hang out"? did you come here to help? if the first, you have made a foolish generalization. if they second, that wasn't the purpose of this thread. if the third, you are being counterproductive and would be better off leaving for both of our sakes. thankyou and goodbye :yes:
She was lacking in respect, was she not? Those female things...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
if you're a 7 then you really need to experience the REAL, HARD (not in the sense of complex, I mean MATERIAL) world much much more.

rav3n

I wanted to reconsider the possibility of being an unhealthy ESTJ that looked like an NFP. most of my traits in common with ESTJ are more like vastly unhealthy, stereotyped ESTJs than healthy ESTJs.
Healthy or unhealthy, an ESTJ leads with Te in a natural manner. You use Te in a contrived manner.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
For an extra data point, Elfboy, I read your self-descriptions to my husband, an official ESTJ. I asked him if he thought you were ESTJ.

He said, "No."

Succinct, concise, accurate.

Then he said, "Is this what forum people waste their time on?" THAT is the mark of ESTJ my friend! :laugh:

For an extra data point, Elfboy, I read your self-descriptions to my husband, an official ESTJ. I asked him if he thought you were ESTJ.

He said, "No."

Then he said, "Is this what forum people waste their time on?" THAT is the mark of ESTJ my friend! :laugh:

Oh god. I want an ESTJ now. :cry:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

He said, "No."

LOL - there's no way to argue with that! :laugh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The bolded is key. Stereotypes are not a good way to decide what an ESTJ looks like.

Like I said, the way you use Te is too reactive to be like an ESTJ. Even an unhealthy ESTJ. Regardless of health, Te is a lifestyle, for ESTJs. You still use your Te as an occasional tool. The way you go about your life, so it seems to me from how you interact on this forum, is much more about noticing patterns and trends (Ne) and reacting to them based on your principles (angry Fi, not cold Te), than it is about noticing things that are incorrect based on past knowledge (Si) and fixing them efficiently and directly (Te).

Also, when ESTJs become unhealthy, they don't try to perform. They try to get others to perform. They become other-focused to a fault. They do not become self-involved. An unhealthy ESTJ is like a drill sergeant, bossing everyone around and trying to "fix" everything. Whereas you, Elfboy, seem to pick and choose what "wrong" issue to correct, instead of trying to fix every wrong thing you come across. You could care less about little details that aren't right. Am I interpreting you correctly?

Oh god. I want an ESTJ now. :cry:
As you should! :D