• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Okay, I'm seriously reconsidering ESTJ

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Histrionic ENFP Te focus versus ESTJ Te parent.

Can we see the difference between Se and Ne

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You consider them faults but you don't try to change them... I think that's the confusing thing. You say they are flaws, but you must not think of them as such. It's a tad bit confusing. I get the whole not caring about other people so your flaws are what you are and if they can't except it that's their problem thing. I just wouldn't call them flaws so much as flaunts as many times as you announce them.

I kind of understand Elfboy in a way, though, about how he doesn't want to change his flaws...I don't have the same exact flaws, but I used to laugh about "inflicting myself on people" and my drama and emotionality, like fuck, people don't understand...I'm just more alive than they are. I really used to believe that, that I was just more alive that some people. :shrug:

And I still, even now as an adult, don't really make any apologies for being so passionate.

I used to be really crazy passionate, though, screaming and crying like an Italian. I'm Irish, so that's probably it.

My ESFJ ex didn't mind, because he's Latino, and their culture embraces that as well.

You guys need to keep in mind how much of this is cultural...Americans in general tend to be kind of annoyingly reserved.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I used to be really crazy passionate, though, screaming and crying like an Italian. I'm Irish, so that's probably it.

Hey ahahah. Yeah lol we do talk a bit more loudly than average. Maybe screaming and crying is only reserved for special occasions though?:unsure:

Nicodemus

What does a "douchebag", a "narcissist", a "pimp", and an "ESTJ" have in common?

CatAndMirror.jpg
They possess a picture of a lion?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I think it was just the word pamper... after analyzing it i realize it was that word that was throwing me off, throwing off my gay senses.

You could make a drinking game out of how many times he uses that word. :smile:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i really doubt it. your priorities do not seem ESTJ to me. the word "reconsider" in itself is a clue.

- I am very picky about things. I want the best and I will not except a gift that is unfitting.

i don't see Te in this. it deals with situational logistics, not valuing. beyond that, any J function could reach this conclusion.

- my Te kicks ass

subjective.

- I'm impatient with boring theory. I hate studying

as do the majority of people.

- I do have strong Fi, but it doesn't manefest the same way as an FPs (who tend to be more like flower children)

it's true that you have a less... humanistic? sense of Fi than many FPs. you also seem quite serious often.

- I have standards for people, they don't get accepted unless my standards are met

same as the first bullet... i don't see the correlation to Te, besides its categorization as a Judging function. any J function could reach this conclusion.

- I value practical results more than people. I frequent tell my parents to get out of my room because I value my plans more than I do them

not that all TJs would do so, but it would seem to me that the highest-efficiency Te dom/aux would use their parents, not simply reject them.

- while I believe in equal rights and respect for all people (unless proven unworthy of it), I frankly just do not like women. okay, I like a few women, but only if they're charming, pleasant and polite

same as previous bullets - a Judging conclusion, certainly, but not necessarily indicative of Te.

- I have a tastes for traditionally sophisticated pleasures such as opera, tea, wine and elegant dress

but you also idealize them, i think, which is not particularly ESTJ. it would seem that an ESTJ who values traditional hobbies (let's take golf) may value them because, as our example, he knows that he enjoys playing golf, perhaps it has run in his family for a while and he has a clubset he's used for a long time - he's good at calculating distances and swing strength, he's got a good memory for courses and takes into consideration details such as wind speed and direction, roughness of the grass, slope of the hills; he knows his clubs inside out, the way his putter needs to be angled just right, the best arc to swing with his driver; he enjoys being social with his golf buddies - all strengths that point him towards golf, but he hasn't chosen it because it's traditional and sophisticated, not in the same way you're talking about, i think. it's not an image/idealized thing, it's that the tradition and aesthetic focus on sensory detail and the social aspect allows him to make fuller usage of his strengths and skills than something more isolated, conceptual, emotional, and chaotic, which an INFP would tend to appreciate.

i'm actually relatively sure my grandpa is an ESTJ, and he enjoys golf, but i'm pretty sure he would scoff at opera, doesn't drink tea, doesn't drink alcohol except at church, and dresses up only when necessary.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You consider them faults but you don't try to change them... I think that's the confusing thing. You say they are flaws, but you must not think of them as such. It's a tad bit confusing. I get the whole not caring about other people so your flaws are what you are and if they can't except it that's their problem thing. I just wouldn't call them flaws so much as flaunts as many times as you announce them.

you are making an incorrect assumption, if you don't think I work on my flaws, you should have seen me even just a year ago. I am not ashamed of my faults, I'd even go so far as to say they're funny, but that shouldn't suggest that I don't work on them. shame is for the weak. I would have a high opinion of myself no matter what my flaws were. fixing them is just the logical thing to do, so I do it

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Why is it logical to fix them if you feel no shame for them?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why is it logical to fix them if you feel no shame for them?

because they will have negative reprocutions on me if I don't (either tangibly or psychologically)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am not ashamed of my faults, I'd even go so far as to say they're funny, but that shouldn't suggest that I don't work on them. shame is for the weak. I would have a high opinion of myself no matter what my flaws were.

if this is true, i'm doubting the enneagram 4 thing.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

What if others see them as such? They would then become a hinderance, yes? Would you change them then?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What if others see them as such? They would then become a hinderance, yes? Would you change them then?

:thinking:

i think he's already essentially said that, no?

Elfboy said:
because they will have negative reprocutions on me if I don't (either tangibly or psychologically)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

of others see them as such, that's their business. haters gon' hate

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm seeing if he is as logical as he claims to be.

Obviously he is not.