User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    actually, 9w8 would make a lot of sense. I'll have to look into that more
    No. You like conflict too much to be a 9. I've read some things about you in this thread, and there's no way that any of it fits 9. 3 or 8 - yes, but not 9.
    5 3 9

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    No. You like conflict too much to be a 9. I've read some things about you in this thread, and there's no way that any of it fits 9. 3 or 8 - yes, but not 9.
    9w8s like occasional conflict
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

9w8s like occasional conflict
    None of the conflict that matters, sure, they might get angry and semi-politely tell someone to stick it up their ass, but that doesn't seem like the way you would go about it, right?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    The average 9w8 can strike out suddenly without warning even to themselves. The lower down the spectrum of health, the more their violent tendencies come out. But the self-image of the 9w8 is not that of a violent person at all.

I'm particularly recalling the time he hit this girl out of the blue after she flirted with him.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Riso said something about the 9w8 compartmentalizing emotions. That can be a healthy trait. For example, it's better to leave one's work problems at work, and not to bring one's home problems to work. So when they're at work, those home problems become walled off for the moment. But at the average to unhealthy levels, this healthy "wall" develops into repression, and then begins to develop more and more cracks letting out the repressed anger at unexpected times. Sometimes the 9w8 will just do a slow burn without being aware of what's happening inside them, and then suddenly just let loose like a dam bursting or a volcano exploding.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The average 9w8 can strike out suddenly without warning even to themselves. The lower down the spectrum of health, the more their violent tendencies come out. But the self-image of the 9w8 is not that of a violent person at all.

I'm particularly recalling the time he hit this girl out of the blue after she flirted with him.
    this is not me. my aggressive tendencies are more premeditated and non reactive. they can seem sudden to outside observers, but they're usually much more calculated and tactical. most of the time I view conflict as a game, but this was learned after being bullied up until junior high, having to be socially self reliant and developing Te long before nature intended. one of my friends who knows about MBTI jokes that I went from INFP to ENTJ, another one jokes that went from Christopher Robin to Gordon Gekko (ironically, also INFP and ENTJ)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

this is not me. my aggressive tendencies are more premeditated and non reactive. they can seem sudden to outside observers, but they're usually much more calculated and tactical. most of the time I view conflict as a game, but this was learned after being bullied up until junior high, having to be socially self reliant and developing Te long before nature intended. one of my friends who knows about MBTI jokes that I went from INFP to ENTJ, another one jokes that went from Christopher Robin to Gordon Gekko (ironically, also INFP and ENTJ)
    I know, you told us that before. It just makes me return to the previous 6w5 call I made. At least you don't seem at all like the 'ENFP' in your sig.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I know, you told us that before. It just makes me return to the previous 6w5 call I made. At least you don't seem at all like the 'ENFP' in your sig.
    6 aggression is more reactive and personal. this has never been the case for me
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

6 aggression is more reactive and personal. this has never been the case for me
    Hitting that girl was reactive. But if Sixes have gone to level 6 (which also comes across as a type 8), they attempt to "pull themselves together and control their fear through bold, forceful actions." The term "bold" strongly implies that they are no longer reactionary Sixes.

Since you admit you are semi-sociopathic, that places you below the average levels of health, in a somewhat more deteriorated state. But as a type 6 you will tend to shift levels quite frequently, which (in an ad hoc way) explains why you so frequently want to change your MBTI type.

I have been given no good reason to believe you are any other type. I give you the benefit of the doubt at times (as I did above), but your own rebuttals force me to fall back on the 6w5 call. There simply is no type that fits your self-description as well.

I have seen that your rebuttals against my Six call consist of stereotypes concerning a very complex type, probably the most complex type on the Enneagram. Not only are there phobics and counterphobics, but they are moody and changeable like the weather. And in a way, your very indecisiveness about your type indicates something about your true type.

Riso indicates that even if the 6, at an early stage in his life, is a phobic type, when he reaches level 6 he will be counterphobic no matter what he was before.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

This brings up a related side-issue. Riso relates MBTI types to Enneagram types in an obvious attempt to reduce the former to the latter. But in reality, as a Six you express whatever MBTI type relates to your level of deterioration. An INFP, at one time a shy and rather unprepossessing individual, who suddenly, in his late teens, does an about face and boldly challenges the world around him, is no longer an INFP by any description.