Hello everyone. I'm new to this typology stuff (MBTI and Enneagram), so you'll have to brief me on common 'typology language'. I've been trying to understand my MBTI and Enneagram types, but it's only lead to frustration, as none of the types seem to even fit me a great deal, though I am not reliable when it comes to typing myself because I can be very indecisive and confused. But, then again, my friends and family type me differently. Actually, I believe everyone I have asked has typed me differently, both in Enneagram and MBTI. However, the most common types I get for each are 6w5 and 4w5 and ISFP and ISFJ. I would personally like to know EVERYTHING about my typology down to the order of my function preferences, my Enneagram triads, my "socionics type" (is that right?), my interaction style and temperament, and everything else there is.
One thing about me is that I want to know... everything. I'll admit, I'm a very nosy person, and I ask lots and lots of questions. I am a terrible improviser and have trouble speaking 'off the cuff'. I think it's because I'm so scatter-brained and have millions of thoughts running through my brain that I can't organize my thoughts very well. When I was younger, though, I took psychological tests, and part of the results showed that I was very inflexible. What's weird is that I dislike authority, having deadlines (hello! big procrastinator here!), and prefer to have variety in my options. And I have been diagnosed with A.D.H.D when I was younger (though I personally believe that if I do have it, it's dwindled down to just A.D.D., and I think I might have Asperger's syndrome). I certainly do get distracted a lot.
For decision making, I think I'm a big-time F, though some say that I'm pragmatic and logical. I mean, I'm pretty good at Soduku and Chess, and those are both logical games, right? Also, I tend to analyze everything and break it down (this goes hand-in-hand with me me wanting to know everything), but I'm not sure if that has to do with T and F. Personally, though, I believe I'm naturally biased, not objective.
As for Introverted or Extraverted?
As Savage Idealist said in his thread, I am naturally "a very shy person who is somewhat anti-social[, b]ut I do want to sometimes interact with others and embrace companionship, which is why I turn to the internet for my socialization. Although my shyness over time has slowly started to diminish from what it used to be a long time ago, so with time shyness may not even be relevant. Perhaps then I'm an extrovert who has yet to come out of his shell?"
And I don't know about N. I'm constantly worrying about the outcome of something, but I don't 'experiment' because I want to know everything before getting into it. To help me out, what are some N characteristics?
To further help type me, here's a list of basic characteristics of my personality:
- Partially co-dependent and practically incapable of original thought, yet incredibly stubborn and very self-opinionated (i.e. it's hard for me to comprehend an opinion other than mine as 'right')
- Extremely competitive, emotional, passionate, argumentative, and temperamental, yet passive/pacifistic, empathetic/sympathetic (though sometimes detached?), sensitive, modest, and extremely insecure and self-conscious
- Naturally and easily 'distractable' with work, yet determined and persistent about things I care about
- Extremely inquisitive and philosophical, yet nonchalant at times
- Socially inept and awkward and considerably shy, yet 'solitude/loneliness-dreadful' (i.e. I dislike being lonely)
- Perfectionistic about own work, yet tolerant and accepting of others(')
* Undeniably anxious and fearful, especially in doing things that might have permanent implications
Other things that might be helpful...
- On D&D alignment, I either get Lawful Good or Neutral Good.
- Politically speaking, I'm very moderately left and considerably libertarian.
- My religious views are agnostic atheistic.