First 5131415161725 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

EJCC is right...Te for ExTJs is their primary way of seeing the world, it is their lens, it is a functional every-day thing. For ExFPs Te is a creative function, so we tend to use it in a more....interesting....manner. We tend to use Te to act on our Fi values, or to attempt to logically support arguments that were created by Ne/Fi or Se/Fi perceptions and values. It's the reverse with ExTJs. Te is the primary salient point for them, it's not a supporting or creative function.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    (angry Fi, not cold Te),
    OMGZ THIS. So much this.

I also want to comment on the "looks like" thing...if I typed my favorite ISTJ by what he "looks like" I might call him an ISFP. But he ain't, no, not at all. His image or persona or artistic tastes might suggest that, but just no. No no no no.

I mean, look at Patches. She's an ISTJ. And if I stereotyped her I'd be like "lulz no, you don't look like no ISTJ."

But that's an insanely stupid way to type people, and I personally stand corrected, because I used to do it myself before I properly understood function theory.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

maybe I'm a severely disturbed INFP in shadow mode
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'd say more likely an ExFP who doesn't see himself realistically. It would explain why you're so aware of your Te. I'm very doubtful about INFP for you because you're just so freaking inclined to push your Fi values OUTWARD. INFPs tend to be more reserved or subtle somehow until you really cross them on something they find important, then you see more outward expression or drama at that point, but only at that point. You also have a certain detachment/assertive thing going on, which suggests either Ne/Te or Se/Te loop to me.

Honestly, EVERYONE sees that you have Pe/Fi before Te.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'd say more likely an ExFP who doesn't see himself realistically. It would explain why you're so aware of your Te. I'm very doubtful about INFP for you because you're just so freaking inclined to push your Fi values OUTWARD. INFPs tend to be more reserved or subtle somehow until you really cross them on something they find important, then you see more outward expression or drama at that point, but only at that point. You also have a certain detachment/assertive thing going on, which suggests either Ne/Te or Se/Te loop to me.
    I agree with Marm. Plus, most introverts do a fair amount of internal processing before expressing ideas externally. Elfboy reminds me much more of my 13 year-old ENFP nephew who will do anything to get a reaction. My nephew will toss ideas out as they occur (no matter how far-fetched), and try to engage others in the brainstorming process. Elfboy's post have the scattered, frenetic feel I associate with extraverts, rather than a considered, measured pace that I associate with introverts.

I also find Elfboy's focus on "bad-assery" and the strong/weak, dominant/submissive, powerful/powerless to be atypical of INFPs (who tend to look for "win/win" solutions to problems). From my perspective, that focus is just buying into an often false dichotomy.

At any rate, Elfboy is far from an ESTJ, and I'd guess ExFP for him as well. I remain a little puzzled as to what he's looking for in many of these threads, other than attention (which he seems all too effective in getting, nonetheless).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I agree with Marm. Plus, most introverts do a fair amount of internal processing before expressing ideas externally. Elfboy reminds me much more of my 13 year-old ENFP nephew who will do anything to get a reaction. My nephew will toss ideas out as they occur (no matter how far-fetched), and try to engage others in the brainstorming process. Elfboy's post have the scattered, frenetic feel I associate with extraverts, rather than a considered, measured pace that I associate with introverts.

I also find Elfboy's focus on "bad-assery" and the strong/weak, dominant/submissive, powerful/powerless to be atypical of INFPs (who tend to look for "win/win" solutions to problems). From my perspective, that focus is just buying into an often false dichotomy.

At any rate, Elfboy is far from an ESTJ, and I'd guess ExFP for him as well. I remain a little puzzled as to what he's looking for in many of these threads, other than attention (which he seems all too effective in getting, nonetheless).
    - posting things because I feel like it
    - intellectual stimulation (not always the)
    - legitimately wanting to solve the problem in the OP (but getting sidetracked by Ne craziness)
    - self expression
    the attention is something of a result of my personality. my self expression and things I feel like posting tend to be shocking and dramatic. for instance, it creates a buzz in a whores/prostitutes page when you say that they should all be stoned to death and are filthy scum. such topics tend to get a lot of views and comments, aka a lot of attention. the attention is a side benefit, not a goal
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - posting things because I feel like it
    - intellectual stimulation (not always the)
    - legitimately wanting to solve the problem in the OP (but getting sidetracked by Ne craziness)
    - self expression
    the attention is something of a result of my personality. my self expression and things I feel like posting tend to be shocking and dramatic. for instance, it creates a buzz in a whores/prostitutes page when you say that they should all be stoned to death and are filthy scum. such topics tend to get a lot of views and comments, aka a lot of attention. the attention is a side benefit, not a goal
    Extroverts tend to want to exchange energy with others and get bored, depressed, or stagnate without this exchange. So extroversion would most easily explain this tendency you have. Also, Ne doms often say things like "I wonder what would happen if I did...xyz." Se doms also tend to want action and/or interaction.

Have you heard that ExxP is the "get things going" interaction style?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Extroverts tend to want to exchange energy with others and get bored, depressed, or stagnate without this exchange. So extroversion would most easily explain this tendency you have. Also, Ne doms often say things like "I wonder what would happen if I did...xyz." Se doms also tend to want action and/or interaction.

Have you heard that ExxP is the "get things going" interaction style?
    you have me pegged well with this comment.
    yes, I'd rather be "In Charge" or "Chart the Course" but I realize that neither of these fit me at all naturally lol. I tend to get the energy going in a room and then everyone joins in and I'm like "ugh, they're stupid. I'm leaving". it might be dancing at a school dance filled with phobic, conscientious people, starting a riot (I haven't done this before, but I easily could), giving a single performance and leaving, or making an outrageous comment/action that stimulates people to act or at least reconsider things. once my job is done though, I don't want to stay around because everyone else is doing it. in the past, I was more bipolar about it, for instance, dancing at a school dance and saying something like "get that filthy hand off of me!" when a girl would try to join in. now I'm more polite about it and just leave. most people want to fit in and be social, I am the opposite. if I agree with everyone else, there is nothing to do unless I join them and conform to all of their social norms.

Edit: to be perfectly honest, this tendency has probably done me more harm than good. I'm sure there is some kind of enjoyment in being part of a group and actually being relatable, but my ego prevents me from doing either. on the inside, I just wish I could have one person in my life to snuggle with and shower with affection. maybe I need to get off my high horse and actually spend some time with people without being so repulsed by stupidity and common behavior?
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

you have me pegged well with this comment.
    yes, I'd rather be "In Charge" or "Chart the Course" but I realize that neither of these fit me at all naturally lol. I tend to get the energy going in a room and then everyone joins in and I'm like "ugh, they're stupid. I'm leaving". it might be dancing at a school dance filled with phobic, conscientious people, starting a riot (I haven't done this before, but I easily could), giving a single performance and leaving, or making an outrageous comment/action that stimulates people to act or at least reconsider things. once my job is done though, I don't want to stay around because everyone else is doing it. in the past, I was more bipolar about it, for instance, dancing at a school dance and saying something like "get that filthy hand off of me!" when a girl would try to join in. now I'm more polite about it and just leave. most people want to fit in and be social, I am the opposite. if I agree with everyone else, there is nothing to do unless I join them and conform to all of their social norms.
    Yeah I accepted ExxP after a process of elimination: I'm not energetic enough to be In Charge, I'm not patient or strategic enough to Chart the Course, I'm not Behind the Scenes enough to be Behind the Scenes...so apparently I get things going.

I thought for a long time that the "right" way to be was IxxJ, and I felt very guilty for not being an IxxJ.

It's pretty liberating to realize that it's okay to be who you are, bro. What you are is good enough. There is no "right" way to be (though there may be healthier versions of what you are).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Yeah I accepted ExxP after a process of elimination: I'm not energetic enough to be In Charge, I'm not patient or strategic enough to Chart the Course, I'm not Behind the Scenes enough to be Behind the Scenes...so apparently I get things going.

I thought for a long time that the "right" way to be was IxxJ, and I felt very guilty for not being an IxxJ.

It's pretty liberating to realize that it's okay to be who you are, bro. What you are is good enough. There is no "right" way to be (though there may be healthier versions of what you are).
    omg, I did too! I hate being an extrovert, but I'm a flamboyant, outspoken, theatrical ENFP and that's just who I am. I feel your pain
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I'm a flamboyant, outspoken, theatrical ENFP with narcissistic tendencies and that's just who I am.
    Corrected and end thread ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching