• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Okay, I'm seriously reconsidering ESTJ

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm... Can Ni be misconstrued as Si? I get that I have strong Si a lot. What are the differences between the two?

I'm not the right person to ask on that one, but in general

Si
- routine
- comparing data with past collected data and standards
- traditions
- rules
- nostalgia (this is not exclusive to Si though)
- developing a set way you like to do things.

Ni
- grand vision
- mental frameworks of the essence of how things operate
- seeing through appearances to what is REALLY going on
- understanding large amounts of information suddenly after a fair amount of information gathering
- predicting future trends and outcomes accurately. if you have a reputation for having "prophecies" you're more likely an NJ/Ni/Introverted Intuition user

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not the right person to ask on that one, but in general

Si
- routine
- comparing data with past collected data and standards
- traditions
- rules
- nostalgia (this is not exclusive to Si though)
- developing a set way you like to do things.

Ni
- grand vision
- mental frameworks of the essence of how things operate
- seeing through appearances to what is REALLY going on
- understanding large amounts of information suddenly after a fair amount of information gathering
- predicting future trends and outcomes accurately. if you have a reputation for having "prophecies" you're more likely an NJ/Ni/Introverted Intuition user

Hmm... I don't necessarily "like" routine, but I certainly feel more competent/confident doing things routinely because I know how it's done, I do have nostalgia quite often, and I do develop my own way of doing things.

As for Ni, it's kinda fuzzy because I don't know if I would say I am a "big picture" seer because I'm big into detail, but I feel like I am able to understand some things without breaking it down (though I do try to do it, though it usually ends in failure). And I don't predict anything as far as I know of.

Also, are you sure I use Fe instead of Fi? Because the people on that thread said that my values I stated striked them as Fi, not Fe.

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm... I don't necessarily "like" routine, but I certainly feel more competent/confident doing things routinely because I know how it's done, I do have nostalgia quite often, and I do develop my own way of doing things.

As for Ni, it's kinda fuzzy because I don't know if I would say I am a "big picture" seer because I'm big into detail, but I feel like I am able to understand some things without breaking it down (though I do try to do it, though it usually ends in failure). And I don't predict anything as far as I know of.

Also, are you sure I use Fe instead of Fi? Because the people on that thread said that my values I stated striked them as Fi, not Fe.

I'll take another look, I guessed INFJ because you strike me as F and J

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thing I don't relate to Si the most about is this statement: "[Si-dom.'s] believe that existing systems are there because they work. Therefore, they're not likely to buy into doing things in a new way, unless they're shown in a concrete way why its better than the established method."

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thing I don't relate to Si the most about is this statement: "[Si-dom.'s] believe that existing systems are there because they work. Therefore, they're not likely to buy into doing things in a new way, unless they're shown in a concrete way why its better than the established method."

your cognitive function test at least indicates INFP with a strong teritary

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
your cognitive function test at least indicates INFP with a strong teritary

So have you changed your mind from Ni to Si?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can I get a type description?

Elfboy can't type his way out of a shoebox, but I agree that you don't seem like a TJ.

If you want "type descriptions" go read Please Understand Me II by David Keirsey.

But if you want to try to grasp function theory, you might actually want to read Jung instead.

Not Elfboy. You don't want to read Elfboy.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can I get a type description?

I can't, but I can tell you you're definitely a 6, probably w5 and definitely NOT a TJ. you're definitely an introvert too. so far we have IXFX 6w5 . if I had to guess on your instinct variant I would say self preservation/social

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if I had to guess on your instinct variant I would say self preservation/social

I know for sure my instinct variant is so/sp/sx.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you no seen that yet?

I've seen 1 or 2. I must admit, I'm always looking for rare type combinations. for instance, I've been on a quest for awhile now to find an INFP 8

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've seen 1 or 2. I must admit, I'm always looking for rare type combinations. for instance, I've been on a quest for awhile now to find an INFP 8

Well, I'm definitely not 8, lol. But my older sister identifies herself as an Enneagram Type 8 and an MBTI INFJ. Have you seen that before?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I'm definitely not 8, lol. But my older sister identifies herself as an Enneagram Type 8 and an MBTI INFJ. Have you seen that before?

Dr. Martin Luther King Junior. a few have said Hitler is, but he is a total 6.
fictionally speaking, I think Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter and Chancellor Palpatine are INFJ 8s, but Lord Voldemort might be a 6

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dr. Martin Luther King Junior. a few have said Hitler is, but he is a total 6.
fictionally speaking Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter and Chancellor Palpatine are INFJ 8s

Hmph. Interesting. Well, as for me and my type, do you see any Ne in me?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
honestly no

This presents a problem. No Ne. Suspect for both Ni and Si. What about my judging functions other than that my F is dominant? Is it Fe-Ti, or Fi-Te?