User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 326

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Histrionic ENFP Te focus versus ESTJ Te parent.

    Can we see the difference between Se and Ne

  2. #102
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    You consider them faults but you don't try to change them... I think that's the confusing thing. You say they are flaws, but you must not think of them as such. It's a tad bit confusing. I get the whole not caring about other people so your flaws are what you are and if they can't except it that's their problem thing. I just wouldn't call them flaws so much as flaunts as many times as you announce them.
    I kind of understand Elfboy in a way, though, about how he doesn't want to change his flaws...I don't have the same exact flaws, but I used to laugh about "inflicting myself on people" and my drama and emotionality, like fuck, people don't understand...I'm just more alive than they are. I really used to believe that, that I was just more alive that some people.

    And I still, even now as an adult, don't really make any apologies for being so passionate.

    I used to be really crazy passionate, though, screaming and crying like an Italian. I'm Irish, so that's probably it.

    My ESFJ ex didn't mind, because he's Latino, and their culture embraces that as well.

    You guys need to keep in mind how much of this is cultural...Americans in general tend to be kind of annoyingly reserved.

  3. #103
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Histrionic ENFP Te focus versus ESTJ Te parent.

    Can we see the difference between Se and Ne
    I can't. Am I ESFP?

  4. #104
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I used to be really crazy passionate, though, screaming and crying like an Italian. I'm Irish, so that's probably it.
    Hey ahahah. Yeah lol we do talk a bit more loudly than average. Maybe screaming and crying is only reserved for special occasions though?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  5. #105
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    What does a "douchebag", a "narcissist", a "pimp", and an "ESTJ" have in common?

    They possess a picture of a lion?

  6. #106
    Senior Member InTheFlesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Enneagram
    CFV
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    They possess a picture of a lion?
    Are you blind? That's obviously a mirror.

  7. #107
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    I think it was just the word pamper... after analyzing it i realize it was that word that was throwing me off, throwing off my gay senses.
    You could make a drinking game out of how many times he uses that word.

  8. #108
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    i really doubt it. your priorities do not seem ESTJ to me. the word "reconsider" in itself is a clue.

    - I am very picky about things. I want the best and I will not except a gift that is unfitting.
    i don't see Te in this. it deals with situational logistics, not valuing. beyond that, any J function could reach this conclusion.

    - my Te kicks ass
    subjective.

    - I'm impatient with boring theory. I hate studying
    as do the majority of people.

    - I do have strong Fi, but it doesn't manefest the same way as an FPs (who tend to be more like flower children)
    it's true that you have a less... humanistic? sense of Fi than many FPs. you also seem quite serious often.

    - I have standards for people, they don't get accepted unless my standards are met
    same as the first bullet... i don't see the correlation to Te, besides its categorization as a Judging function. any J function could reach this conclusion.

    - I value practical results more than people. I frequent tell my parents to get out of my room because I value my plans more than I do them
    not that all TJs would do so, but it would seem to me that the highest-efficiency Te dom/aux would use their parents, not simply reject them.

    - while I believe in equal rights and respect for all people (unless proven unworthy of it), I frankly just do not like women. okay, I like a few women, but only if they're charming, pleasant and polite
    same as previous bullets - a Judging conclusion, certainly, but not necessarily indicative of Te.

    - I have a tastes for traditionally sophisticated pleasures such as opera, tea, wine and elegant dress
    but you also idealize them, i think, which is not particularly ESTJ. it would seem that an ESTJ who values traditional hobbies (let's take golf) may value them because, as our example, he knows that he enjoys playing golf, perhaps it has run in his family for a while and he has a clubset he's used for a long time - he's good at calculating distances and swing strength, he's got a good memory for courses and takes into consideration details such as wind speed and direction, roughness of the grass, slope of the hills; he knows his clubs inside out, the way his putter needs to be angled just right, the best arc to swing with his driver; he enjoys being social with his golf buddies - all strengths that point him towards golf, but he hasn't chosen it because it's traditional and sophisticated, not in the same way you're talking about, i think. it's not an image/idealized thing, it's that the tradition and aesthetic focus on sensory detail and the social aspect allows him to make fuller usage of his strengths and skills than something more isolated, conceptual, emotional, and chaotic, which an INFP would tend to appreciate.

    i'm actually relatively sure my grandpa is an ESTJ, and he enjoys golf, but i'm pretty sure he would scoff at opera, doesn't drink tea, doesn't drink alcohol except at church, and dresses up only when necessary.

  9. #109
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    You consider them faults but you don't try to change them... I think that's the confusing thing. You say they are flaws, but you must not think of them as such. It's a tad bit confusing. I get the whole not caring about other people so your flaws are what you are and if they can't except it that's their problem thing. I just wouldn't call them flaws so much as flaunts as many times as you announce them.
    you are making an incorrect assumption, if you don't think I work on my flaws, you should have seen me even just a year ago. I am not ashamed of my faults, I'd even go so far as to say they're funny, but that shouldn't suggest that I don't work on them. shame is for the weak. I would have a high opinion of myself no matter what my flaws were. fixing them is just the logical thing to do, so I do it
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #110
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Why is it logical to fix them if you feel no shame for them?

Similar Threads

  1. [ESTJ] What do you think of ESTJs?
    By JediM05 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 11:18 PM
  2. [ESTJ] ESTJ Father, looking for your opinions.
    By Angry Ayrab in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 09:13 PM
  3. [ESTJ] ESTJs: criticism and imagination.
    By JediM05 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 11:05 PM
  4. [ESTJ] ESTJs - Trivial Pursuit
    By INTJMom in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 01:05 PM
  5. [ESTJ] Help with my ESTJ father-in-law
    By Griffi97 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO