• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MrCockburn = Introvert???

Which one?

• ISTP

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • ESTP

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • other (not ambivert)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I'm both extremely E and extremely I.

I get LOTS of energy from social interaction, new experiences, the outside world, etc. I also hate being cooped up, I can't stand sitting around doing mindless work unless I have someone interesting to pass the time with.

But I get just as MUCH energy thinking and imagining - playing with scenarios in my mind, inventing music/images/"movies" in my mind - rather, continuously developing them in my mind. If I'm allowed some time to myself to mindplay, it's revitalizing.

I also tend to focus very narrow and deep, rather than "expansive and light" like an extrovert's said to. When I have a mission in life, my life is my mission. It becomes obsession. This usually manifests in my business/financial goals, but also certain hobbies.

Is it possible that I'm an ISTP?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm both extremely E and extremely I.

I get LOTS of energy from social interaction, new experiences, the outside world, etc. I also hate being cooped up, I can't stand sitting around doing mindless work unless I have someone interesting to pass the time with.

But I get just as MUCH energy thinking and imagining - playing with scenarios in my mind, inventing music/images/"movies" in my mind - rather, continuously developing them in my mind. If I'm allowed some time to myself to mindplay, it's revitalizing.

I also tend to focus very narrow and deep, rather than "expansive and light" like an extrovert's said to. When I have a mission in life, my life is my mission. It becomes obsession. This usually manifests in my business/financial goals, but also certain hobbies.

Is it possible that I'm an ISTP?

actually, this sounds more like an ENTP with the bolded being a prime example of Ne and the underlined being part of being enneatype 3. ENTPs are the second most introverted of the extroverts following ENFP

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
actually, this sounds more like an ENTP with the bolded being a prime example of Ne and the underlined being part of being enneatype 3. ENTPs are the second most introverted of the extroverts following ENFP

Hmm...I'm the other way around. I act very social and gregarious, but I energize equally from alone time.

I'm quite positive I'm not ISxJ. I haven't any Si in sight.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTP.
In the end, functions order are the determinant factor, and you don't look like a Ti dom at all.
This site is full of mistyped people. :popc1:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm...I'm the other way around. I act very social and gregarious, but I energize equally from alone time.

I'm quite positive I'm not ISxJ. I haven't any Si in sight.

I'm ENFP and I'm like this too. Ne is not like other extroverted functions
- Se draws energy from it's physical environment
- Fe draws energy from people
- Te draws energy from organizing it's environment
- Ne draws energy from ideas, making connections and pondering "what if" scenarios. Ne is extroverted because it loves to bounce these things off of other people and have engaged intellectual conversation, but even this is a trait shared more among Is than Es. as such, ENPs are frequently ambiverted

ESTP.
In the end, functions order are the determinant factor, and you don't look like a Ti dom at all.
This site is full of mistyped people

exactly, MBTI is about function order. ENP means you use Ne as your dominant function; ESP means that you use Se as your dominant function. as such, it is possible to be an ENFP and be an introvert or an ISTP and be an extrovert.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I act very social and gregarious, sometimes to the point of excitedly talking over people (not to be rude, but because I have something to say and the words just come flying out of my mouth at 80 mph) and I need external stimulation and am easily bored by very dry, technical work or repetitive tasks...almost seeming like ADHD, but if I'm interested in a book or movie I can pay very deep attention to it, no problem...but I pace around a lot, like I can't sit still all day long, I hate any job where I'm stuck behind a desk (I'm only not now simply because I work from home even though I work on a laptop doing writing/editing work) ...but like yeah...

I also need plenty of time alone, like sometimes I just want people to STFU.

Introversion and Extroversion is a scale, and I often test either ENFP or INFP. I generally am right around the mid-range, and I know I'm not even possibly reserved enough to be an INFP, I mean it would be a joke...I would consider ISFP before INFP even though I test as N most of the time.

I'm typed as ESFP right now because Beebe's description of Demon Ne and Opposing complex Si might explain tons about me, and I thought "maybe I'm just rejecting ESFP because of the dumb stereotypes."

Anyway, my point is, maybe you're just like 50/50 or 60/40 on I/E like I am.

My thinking is that the more expressive and adventurous you are, the more likely you're an extrovert, no matter what alone time you might need.

I'd guess from the way you describe yourself you're either ENTP or ESTP.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now I really suspect I'm INFJ. I use way too much Fe to be a T.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now I really suspect I'm INFJ. I use way too much Fe to be a T.

tumblr_lpot00TA051qjgzgvo1_500.gif

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
yessssss, it is possible. you are an ISTP according to me. :)

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's lulzy to think of you as a "using way too much Fe". Is your increased Fe usage based on one or two situation(s) that you noticed, or has it been generally been using "too much" Fe for a sustained period of time, say, a month?

If it's sustained, how do you feel?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's lulzy to think of you as a "using way too much Fe". Is your increased Fe usage based on one or two situation(s) that you noticed, or has it been generally been using "too much" Fe for a sustained period of time, say, a month?

If it's sustained, how do you feel?

Certain situations. Like right now, I've got a really difficult client. She's paying ME to help her business out, but she overreacts to any objective criticism, to the point of literally disrespecting us, and at one point, yelled at one of my contracted employees.

She's a huge, important client (well, she represents the company that is, that is) - and the only way I can appease this bitch is by smooching ass (ie, withholding valuable suggestions, not calling her out for being completely disrespectful, etc).

I want a profit/addition to our client history/reference, so for another month, I'll have to put up with her BS.

And I fucking hate doing it - I just can't stand having to tolerate that, especially at the expense of helping the BOTH of us succeed in the long run (I'm in consulting).

She's basically paying us to agree with her false notions - in the face of data/trends/opinions that clearly don't. Idk if she hired us to "back up" her desire for harmful stagnation in the face of her higher ups' intention to re-strategize or what, but I'm at a loss. Literally.

So I've been trying to get the FACTS through her thick skull - but trying rdiculously hard to wrap them thoroughly in Fe to keep hr from getting hysterical and losing this huge client.

tl;dr = I hate using Fe, but will suck it the fuck up temporarily if I really must.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Certain situations. Like right now, I've got a really difficult client. She's paying ME to help her business out, but she overreacts to any objective criticism, to the point of literally disrespecting us, and at one point, yelled at one of my contracted employees.

She's a huge, important client (well, she represents the company that is, that is) - and the only way I can appease this bitch is by kiissing ass (ie, not calllng her out for being completely disrespectful).

I want a profit/addition to our client history/reference, so for another month, I'll have to put up with her BS.

And I fucking hate doing it - I just can't stand having to tolerate that, especially at the expense of helping the BOTH of us succeed in the long run (I'm in consulting).

Why does this mean you have Fe? That could even be Fi/Te rationalizing that "handling" people is the best way to make money. That's tactics.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

She's a huge, important client (well, she represents the company that is, that is) - and the only way I can appease this bitch is by kiissing ass (ie, not calllng her out for being completely disrespectful).

I thought you were still an undergrad? What's your business?

And FWIW, I have never read you as an introvert. You could be an adventure seeking ISTP...but I read you as an extrovert from reading your posting style and also snippets from your life. I also don't read a whole lot of Fe from you either but more Fe than Fi.

You said you thought you were primarily So in your stackings? That is a good 'equivalent' of Fe but it's not Fe.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought you were still an undergrad? What's your business?

And FWIW, I have never read you as an introvert. You could be an adventure seeking ISTP...but I read you as an extrovert from reading your posting style and also snippets from your life. I also don't read a whole lot of Fe from you either but more Fe than Fi.

You said you thought you were primarily So in your stackings? That is a good 'equivalent' of Fe but it's not Fe.

I am an undergrad. Night classes, which I skip as much as possible without harming my grade too badly (I self-study, do the projects, show up for the tests - bada bing).

I'm in consulting, btw. A specific niche though. I need the daytime for sure to communicate with prospects/clients, as well as to oversee and work with my employees (more like colleagues to me, since I hire those with specific realms of expertise that I don't have - I'm just the idea person, tbh. So thankfully, I don't have to babysit them 9-5 every weekday).

However, it's project-based contracted work, large projects meaning only a few clients at a time, so schedules can be flexible, as long as milestone/project deadlines according to the proposal's timeline is met.

I've got ADHD, but I still manage the wacky schedules. :laugh:

See, I wonder if I'm actually an sx-primary. I'm a pretty intense person, if that hasn't been completely obvious yet... :D

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

She's a huge, important client (well, she represents the company that is, that is) - and the only way I can appease this bitch is by smooching ass (ie, withholding valuable suggestions, not calling her out for being completely disrespectful, etc).

She's basically paying us to agree with her false notions - in the face of data/trends/opinions that clearly don't. Idk if she hired us to "back up" her desire for harmful stagnation in the face of her higher ups' intention to re-strategize or what, but I'm at a loss. Literally.

So I've been trying to get the FACTS through her thick skull - but trying rdiculously hard to wrap them thoroughly in Fe to keep hr from getting hysterical and losing this huge client.

tl;dr = I hate using Fe, but will suck it the fuck up temporarily if I really must.

Sounds like a case of being forced to use Fe; if you think you're INFJ then Fe should be "natural" (don't take it literally, you know what I mean) for you to use.

I don't know, from this I see a case of Se dominance like what [MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION] said, tactics. Also what you outlined here seems Te.

Edit: The rest that I didn't highlight seems Fi rant of having to put up with this <insert demeaning female word here>; I don't see anything that points to group behavior or keeping the peace among group members/adhering to group ethics.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds like a case of being forced to use Fe; if you think you're INFJ then Fe should be "natural" (don't take it literally, you know what I mean) for you to use.

I don't know, from this I see a case of Se dominance like what [MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION] said, tactics. Also what you outlined here seems Te.

Edit: The rest that I didn't highlight seems Fi rant of having to put up with this <insert demeaning female word here>; I don't see anything that points to group behavior or keeping the peace among group members/adhering to group ethics.

So you vote ESFP. *checkmarks vote*

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you vote ESFP. *checkmarks vote*

The final decision is up to you; I don't go around stamping people with labels and then associate them with what that label is supposed to be like.

Just saying :)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why does this mean you have Fe? That could even be Fi/Te rationalizing that "handling" people is the best way to make money. That's tactics.

Another vote for ESFP...*check*