User Tag List

123 Last

Cool Would you help a soul seeker finally confirm his type?

I joined this forum a year ago and at the start of it all, I was very interested in the MBTI and Enneagram. I jumped around every type and never could decide on one. I still haven't been able to decide and I'm far less neurotic now. I figured I'd give it another shot to see if I get more convincing answers. This is for fun and I don't take any of it too seriously.

My personality is inconsistent. I go to polar extremes much like Stewie Griffin, I go from mad scientist villain to dancing showman.

I'm a loner. I enjoy being alone but I do like talking to people. If the room is small, I'm usually the goofiest one in there. I always tell jokes. My humor is in the Doug Stanhope and George Carlin tradition. I'm the perfect balance between Pinky and the Brain. When the group gets bigger, I get more aggressive. I usually shy away and become more deadpan and sarcastic. (Think Larry David from 'Curb Your Enthusiasm') I'm calm but can be turned hyperactive or angry easily, by the right people. I have a small group of close friends. I do get energized by some people but others are just a bore. The conversation has to stimulate me.

I stay around the house most of the time. I can just sit and do nothing for a while. I research current events and political theories. I love watching movies and old TV shows. I enjoy learning about humanity from films, shows, and music. I don't read as much as I should but when I do, I'm all over Sci-Fi, Westerns, Horror, and nonfictional topics. I love Sc-Fi science, so I usually read books about the universe.

I've become more hedonistic over the past two years. I have an interest in adventure. (The Lord of the Rings type flair but far more dramatic) I love old cars, guns, rock music, and I have a love for substances. I just get a thrill out of this stuff. I like the best. I'm more of a dork than anything though. I may decrease my life span at parties but the other four people there will have an ear full of Firefly or Doctor Who love.

I do watch sports. (UFC, Boxing, and Wrestling) I love the drama in wrestling promotions but I value the technical and athletic ability more. The only thing I enjoy that's athletic would be running on the treadmill or weight lifting. I prefer doing those things in private. I'm very self-conscious about my appearance in public.

I'm not hung up on my emotions. I don't fear crying. I don't do it very much. I don't like letting my emotions ruin my ability to get along with others. I try to avoid those I don't care for to the best of my ability. I have convictions of right and wrong. These are blurred and many would call me amoral. I compromise social niceties because my convictions for truth completely go above your need for harmony. I will never compromise my values though. I am very skeptical and believe in facts and consistency. You need to back up your claims with more than a gut feeling and a nice package.

I worked at the newspaper once and was told I'm a great writer when I actually meet my deadlines. If I think the assignment's stupid I will probably do it to the least of my abilities or at least express my hatred for it. I end up doing it unless it completely goes against my values. I enjoy being in control but less in a direct leader type of way and more in a make sure everything is going right type of way.

I guess that's good for now. I didn't mean to type so much. If you have any questions please ask. Oh, but don't ask me to take the cognitive functions test. I know how to cheat on that. Thanks for reading all this.
    Last edited by CaptainDDC; 07-07-2011 at 11:22 AM.

ReflecTcelfeR

I say... ESTP. I'll explain more later.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

estp 7w6 so/sp or sp/so?
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

ReflecTcelfeR

I feel like Captain is so/sp.

Interesting responses all around. Most people on the other type forum said ISTP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

whoa...no clue. i'm thinking i have no intimate knowledge of anyone from whatever type you are.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDDC View Post
    Interesting responses all around. Most people on the other type forum said ISTP.
    You are practically a clone of my estp deceased father. Not so much like me.....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    You are practically a clone of my estp deceased father. Not so much like me.....
    So, what would you say are the main differences between ISTPs and ESTPs?

Also, how is an ESTP with an Enneagram of 7w6 unique among ESTPs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    whoa...no clue. i'm thinking i have no intimate knowledge of anyone from whatever type you are.
    What do you recommend I do to figure my type out?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDDC View Post
    What do you recommend I do to figure my type out?
    you could try to post a video in the type me thread or start with what if anything you are sure about...like rather or not you're an extravert or j or p and then read those dom functions to see which you lead with...or do a youtube search of types you think you might be to see if you relate...take some tests??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison