• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you help a soul seeker finally confirm his type?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP

According to Myers-Briggs, ESTPs are hands-on learners who live in the moment, seeking the best in life, wanting to share it with their friends. The ESTP is open to situations, able to improvise to bring about desired results. They are active people who want to solve their problems rather than simply discuss them.

According to Keirsey, ESTPs, or "Promoter Artisans", are the most adept among the types at influencing other people. Promoting is the art of maneuvering others to one's position. Concrete in speech and utilitarian in action, they are smooth operators. The ESTP knows everyone who matters and everything there is to do because they are very resourceful, always knowing where the fun and action is. They like to indulge themselves in the finer things in life and to bring other people with them. Their goal in life is to sell themselves and their ideas to others. Dramatic and debonair, they are gifted at earning others' confidence.

According to Keirsey, based on observations of behavior, notable Promoters might include John F. Kennedy, Teddy Roosevelt, Madonna, and Donald Trump. For more examples, see Notable Promoters.
[edit] Other characteristics

Outgoing
Charming
Witty
Fun
Generous
Observant
Socially sophisticated
Resourceful
Troubleshooter
Unpredictable
Action oriented
Clever[11]

ISTP

According to Myers-Briggs, ISTPs excel at analyzing situations to reach the heart of a problem so that they can swiftly implement a functional repair, making them ideally suited to the field of engineering. Naturally quiet people, they are interested in understanding how systems operate, focusing on efficient operation and structure. They are open to new information and approaches. But contrary to their seemingly detached natures, ISTPs are often capable of humorously insightful observations about the world around them. They can also be closet daredevils who gravitate toward fast-moving or risky hobbies (such as bungee jumping, hang gliding, racing, motorcycling, and parachuting), recreational sports (such as downhill skiing, paintball, ice hockey, and scuba diving), and careers (such as aviation and firefighting).

ISTPs may sometimes seem to act without regard for procedures, directions, protocol, or even their own safety. But while their approach may seem haphazard, it is in fact based on a broad store of knowledge developed over time through action and keen observation. ISTPs enjoy self-sufficiency and take pride in developing their own solutions to problems.

ISTPs are content to let others live according to their own rules, as long as the favor is reciprocated. ISTPs endure reasonable impositions without complaint—but if their "territory" is encroached upon, eroded, or violated, they defend what they view as rightfully theirs.[citation needed]
[edit] Keirsey description

According to Keirsey, Crafter Artisans are masters at using tools of every type—artistic, technological, martial. Although they are introverts, they are authoritarian in their interactions with others and can be forceful at influencing people. They focus on accomplishing tasks efficiently and skillfully.

To master the tool of their interest, ISTPs require a certain degree of seclusion in which to practice. The result is often a virtuosity that other types find difficult to match.[11]

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not offended that you don't see me as a visionary. :D I made a point not to describe my opinions on certain things. I'm some-what of an idealist in real life though. Everyone around me seems to hate change but I'm just sitting at home absorbing human progress, drooling. :yay::yay:

I'm just a simple person. I accept that the world will never be as I envision it. I just enjoy life to the best of my ability, helping those I can.

I'm starting to think you might be estj....... I think you might just have heavy J tho.....

My dad was very simple.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm starting to think you might be estj.......

Joking?... If not, I don't know if ESTJ would take no as an answer. They'd find a way to change the world around them (If not disposed to depression... which because of the emoticons I don't think he has, superficial, but true?)

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Joking?... If not, I don't know if ESTJ would take no as an answer. They'd find a way to change the world around them (If not disposed to depression... which because of the emoticons I don't think he has, superficial, but true?)

No, lol, he just said a couple of things that sounded estj'ish.... I think he just has some j in him.

CaptainDDC

There was a point in my teen years that I suffered depression about this very thing. I got over it though.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm... I wonder... If, first of all to get my mind of this thought, depression can permanently alter personality even if you surpass it and from that if perhaps you are ESTJ mellowed out because of the depression. Occam's razor says you're just an ESTP though.

T

ThatGirl

I didn't see what you originally posted apparently. Did you have something to say about my original post and type?

No, I was speaking of the post above me. By the OP I would say ISFP, but I am not very good at typing people.

Mole

Permabanned
If you are seeking your soul, all you will find here is your personality.

CaptainDDC

Hm... I wonder... If, first of all to get my mind of this thought, depression can permanently alter personality even if you surpass it and from that if perhaps you are ESTJ mellowed out because of the depression. Occam's razor says you're just an ESTP though.

I'm with the possibility of being ESTJ but I doubt it. I don't think I relate to the profile or temperament very well. It may be a stereotype but I'm not much for rules and regulations. I do like dressing nice if that's Jness. :) There were other reasons for the depression as well. I'm not a big fan of being overweight. < This makes me dress more conservatively, act more reserved around strangers, and prompted some of my depressive energy.

CaptainDDC

I'm leaving this thread open to others that wish to challenge the ESTP typing. I'll be doing more research, before I make any type claims. Thanks to everyone that tried to help me.

CaptainDDC

Most definitely ESTP.

So, I did a quick read of the profiles. I relate to the ESTP and ENFJ profiles the best. This is a surprise because the basic code is almost completely opposite. Is this do to the functions being the same among the two types?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ yes sir! ESTP uses Se - Ti - Fe - Ni. ENFJ uses Fe - Ni - Se - Ti. that combination of results suggests you are strong in both Fe and Se. knowing that, the question becomes which cognitive process do you "lead" with: that of attending to moment-to-moment changes, experiences, relevant processes, the immediate context, and the present physical world (Se), or that of attending to the interpersonal connections and relations between people, their distance and outward expression of the internal, and their communication and behavior (Fe)? you can also look at the strength of your logical assessment skills (Ti), and your "understanding 'essence'" skills (Ni).

-

for whatever reason, i assumed you were talking about enneatyping. probably just me being tired. in any case, you sound like you could easily be a 6w7 like me :)

it's the swinging personality, like you said yourself. going to polarities. being skeptical. making sure everything is going right. etc. with a side of hedonism and adventure.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The dominant and tertiary functions are the same and what you present to the outside world, so I believe, and as such they appear very similar at first glance, but then you realize that the ESTP wants more of a thrill and look suave, while the ENFJ doesn't necessarily jump on the band wagon due to moral's, but when they do they prefer to be just as graceful. This is very behavioral in nature.

CaptainDDC

for whatever reason, i assumed you were talking about enneatyping. probably just me being tired. in any case, you sound like you could easily be a 6w7 like me :)

it's the swinging personality, like you said yourself. going to polarities. being skeptical. making sure everything is going right. etc. with a side of hedonism and adventure.

I'm mainly focusing on MBTI at the moment. The Enneagram is an interesting theory that I'll have to look into more later.
But thank you for the post.

CaptainDDC

^ yes sir! ESTP uses Se - Ti - Fe - Ni. ENFJ uses Fe - Ni - Se - Ti. that combination of results suggests you are strong in both Fe and Se. knowing that, the question becomes which cognitive process do you "lead" with: that of attending to moment-to-moment changes, experiences, relevant processes, the immediate context, and the present physical world (Se), or that of attending to the interpersonal connections and relations between people, their distance and outward expression of the internal, and their communication and behavior (Fe)? you can also look at the strength of your logical assessment skills (Ti), and your "understanding 'essence'" skills (Ni).

-

My past probably lead to an increase in Fe. I'm having a hard time defining Ti. The descriptions are vague. I want a more direct example. I want a more concise description of it. Google FTW!

On another note, what type would you consider for me based on my original post?

CaptainDDC

This was an excellent thread. There are a few more things I'll need to figure out before I make up my mind.

Thanks everyone.