User Tag List

First 2345 Last

If you are seeking your soul, all you will find here is your personality.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Hm... I wonder... If, first of all to get my mind of this thought, depression can permanently alter personality even if you surpass it and from that if perhaps you are ESTJ mellowed out because of the depression. Occam's razor says you're just an ESTP though.
    I'm with the possibility of being ESTJ but I doubt it. I don't think I relate to the profile or temperament very well. It may be a stereotype but I'm not much for rules and regulations. I do like dressing nice if that's Jness. There were other reasons for the depression as well. I'm not a big fan of being overweight. < This makes me dress more conservatively, act more reserved around strangers, and prompted some of my depressive energy.

ReflecTcelfeR

Most definitely ESTP.

I'm leaving this thread open to others that wish to challenge the ESTP typing. I'll be doing more research, before I make any type claims. Thanks to everyone that tried to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Most definitely ESTP.
    So, I did a quick read of the profiles. I relate to the ESTP and ENFJ profiles the best. This is a surprise because the basic code is almost completely opposite. Is this do to the functions being the same among the two types?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ yes sir! ESTP uses Se - Ti - Fe - Ni. ENFJ uses Fe - Ni - Se - Ti. that combination of results suggests you are strong in both Fe and Se. knowing that, the question becomes which cognitive process do you "lead" with: that of attending to moment-to-moment changes, experiences, relevant processes, the immediate context, and the present physical world (Se), or that of attending to the interpersonal connections and relations between people, their distance and outward expression of the internal, and their communication and behavior (Fe)? you can also look at the strength of your logical assessment skills (Ti), and your "understanding 'essence'" skills (Ni).

-

for whatever reason, i assumed you were talking about enneatyping. probably just me being tired. in any case, you sound like you could easily be a 6w7 like me

it's the swinging personality, like you said yourself. going to polarities. being skeptical. making sure everything is going right. etc. with a side of hedonism and adventure.

ReflecTcelfeR

The dominant and tertiary functions are the same and what you present to the outside world, so I believe, and as such they appear very similar at first glance, but then you realize that the ESTP wants more of a thrill and look suave, while the ENFJ doesn't necessarily jump on the band wagon due to moral's, but when they do they prefer to be just as graceful. This is very behavioral in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    for whatever reason, i assumed you were talking about enneatyping. probably just me being tired. in any case, you sound like you could easily be a 6w7 like me

it's the swinging personality, like you said yourself. going to polarities. being skeptical. making sure everything is going right. etc. with a side of hedonism and adventure.
    I'm mainly focusing on MBTI at the moment. The Enneagram is an interesting theory that I'll have to look into more later.
    But thank you for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ^ yes sir! ESTP uses Se - Ti - Fe - Ni. ENFJ uses Fe - Ni - Se - Ti. that combination of results suggests you are strong in both Fe and Se. knowing that, the question becomes which cognitive process do you "lead" with: that of attending to moment-to-moment changes, experiences, relevant processes, the immediate context, and the present physical world (Se), or that of attending to the interpersonal connections and relations between people, their distance and outward expression of the internal, and their communication and behavior (Fe)? you can also look at the strength of your logical assessment skills (Ti), and your "understanding 'essence'" skills (Ni).

-

My past probably lead to an increase in Fe. I'm having a hard time defining Ti. The descriptions are vague. I want a more direct example. I want a more concise description of it. Google FTW!

On another note, what type would you consider for me based on my original post?

This was an excellent thread. There are a few more things I'll need to figure out before I make up my mind.

Thanks everyone.