User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

ESTP

According to Myers-Briggs, ESTPs are hands-on learners who live in the moment, seeking the best in life, wanting to share it with their friends. The ESTP is open to situations, able to improvise to bring about desired results. They are active people who want to solve their problems rather than simply discuss them.

According to Keirsey, ESTPs, or "Promoter Artisans", are the most adept among the types at influencing other people. Promoting is the art of maneuvering others to one's position. Concrete in speech and utilitarian in action, they are smooth operators. The ESTP knows everyone who matters and everything there is to do because they are very resourceful, always knowing where the fun and action is. They like to indulge themselves in the finer things in life and to bring other people with them. Their goal in life is to sell themselves and their ideas to others. Dramatic and debonair, they are gifted at earning others' confidence.

According to Keirsey, based on observations of behavior, notable Promoters might include John F. Kennedy, Teddy Roosevelt, Madonna, and Donald Trump. For more examples, see Notable Promoters.
    [edit] Other characteristics

Outgoing
    Charming
    Witty
    Fun
    Generous
    Observant
    Socially sophisticated
    Resourceful
    Troubleshooter
    Unpredictable
    Action oriented
    Clever[11]

ISTP

According to Myers-Briggs, ISTPs excel at analyzing situations to reach the heart of a problem so that they can swiftly implement a functional repair, making them ideally suited to the field of engineering. Naturally quiet people, they are interested in understanding how systems operate, focusing on efficient operation and structure. They are open to new information and approaches. But contrary to their seemingly detached natures, ISTPs are often capable of humorously insightful observations about the world around them. They can also be closet daredevils who gravitate toward fast-moving or risky hobbies (such as bungee jumping, hang gliding, racing, motorcycling, and parachuting), recreational sports (such as downhill skiing, paintball, ice hockey, and scuba diving), and careers (such as aviation and firefighting).

ISTPs may sometimes seem to act without regard for procedures, directions, protocol, or even their own safety. But while their approach may seem haphazard, it is in fact based on a broad store of knowledge developed over time through action and keen observation. ISTPs enjoy self-sufficiency and take pride in developing their own solutions to problems.

ISTPs are content to let others live according to their own rules, as long as the favor is reciprocated. ISTPs endure reasonable impositions without complaint—but if their "territory" is encroached upon, eroded, or violated, they defend what they view as rightfully theirs.[citation needed]
    [edit] Keirsey description

According to Keirsey, Crafter Artisans are masters at using tools of every type—artistic, technological, martial. Although they are introverts, they are authoritarian in their interactions with others and can be forceful at influencing people. They focus on accomplishing tasks efficiently and skillfully.

To master the tool of their interest, ISTPs require a certain degree of seclusion in which to practice. The result is often a virtuosity that other types find difficult to match.[11]
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

ThatGirl

Nevermind re read.

Edit 3: Still a heavy bias.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDDC View Post
    I'm not offended that you don't see me as a visionary. I made a point not to describe my opinions on certain things. I'm some-what of an idealist in real life though. Everyone around me seems to hate change but I'm just sitting at home absorbing human progress, drooling.

I'm just a simple person. I accept that the world will never be as I envision it. I just enjoy life to the best of my ability, helping those I can.
    I'm starting to think you might be estj....... I think you might just have heavy J tho.....

My dad was very simple.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Nevermind re read.

Edit 3: Still a heavy bias.

I didn't see what you originally posted apparently. Did you have something to say about my original post and type?

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I'm starting to think you might be estj.......
    Joking?... If not, I don't know if ESTJ would take no as an answer. They'd find a way to change the world around them (If not disposed to depression... which because of the emoticons I don't think he has, superficial, but true?)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Joking?... If not, I don't know if ESTJ would take no as an answer. They'd find a way to change the world around them (If not disposed to depression... which because of the emoticons I don't think he has, superficial, but true?)
    No, lol, he just said a couple of things that sounded estj'ish.... I think he just has some j in him.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

ReflecTcelfeR

Thas' wut I thawt.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    There was a point in my teen years that I suffered depression about this very thing. I got over it though.

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm... I wonder... If, first of all to get my mind of this thought, depression can permanently alter personality even if you surpass it and from that if perhaps you are ESTJ mellowed out because of the depression. Occam's razor says you're just an ESTP though.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDDC View Post
    I didn't see what you originally posted apparently. Did you have something to say about my original post and type?
    No, I was speaking of the post above me. By the OP I would say ISFP, but I am not very good at typing people.