1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I can relate to almost all of the different personality type descriptions and even the cognitive functions. I will read about them and then find ways that I fit the description and then convince myself that I am probably that type. I will settle on being that type for a while and then realize that it may not fit me as well as I thought. Then I'll find another type that I relate to and the cycle starts all over again.
I think I really want to fit perfectly into one of the types. The fact that I can look at other types and see ways that I relate makes me question whether or not typology is too flawed to even matter.
I'm also questioning whether or not I'm an introvert or extravert. I do really long to bond with people and I enjoy spending time with people I like, but there are some times where I just need some space. I would also much rather be alone than be around people I don't like. I don't mind chit chat and small talk because I realize that that is how people get to know eachother, but if the conversation never progresses to something more meaningful then I will feel like we are stuck and probably wont become real friends.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I definately yearn for a support system of people who love me and accept me. I yearn for real, genuine relationships with people more than anything else. I like knowing that there are people out there who have my back and are loyal. I also yearn to be around people who won't judge me negatively.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I felt like I was at my finest in k-12 school. I've always enjoyed school and I had wanted to be a teacher all my life, so I felt like I belonged there. I was always successful in my classes and my teachers respected me. Academics were always the one area of life where I never felt insecure.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
I feel inferior when I have bad social skills. When I act too awkwardly or don't know what to say during a conversation I feel bad about myself. College also makes me feel inferior because I don't know what I want to do with my life just yet and there is so much pressure to figure everything out. I feel inferior because I was on top of my game in k-12 school and in college I'm having more trouble setting goals.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)As much as I hate to admit it, I think a lot about what other people will think of me when I make decisions. I focus mostly on my family though. I worry about how my decisions will affect both what they think of me and how their lives will turn out. For example, I've had a hard time picking a college major because I feel like its my responsibility as the first person in my family going to college to get a good degree so that I can make good money. I feel like I'm the only one in my family who could accomplish that and make our lives better. If I pick a career path that isn't all that promising, then I will feel guilty for letting my family down.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I don't really know how to answer this question. I guess I like to have control of the outcome. I'm not sure what I place emphasis on. Maybe making sure that everything is set to get the project done. Make sure we have everything we need.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I have lots of fun on family vacations. I love doing fun activities with the people I like. I have very fond memories of those good times.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I'm more prone to theorize and memorize, but sometimes you need hands on experience to really grasp the process. So I'd say that I use whatever method is best suited for whatever subject/skill I'm trying to learn.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm pretty organized. I like everything to have its place (and it does). But that doesn't mean everything gets put in its place all the time. I can be very messy, but everything I own does ultimately have its own spot. I hate things like drawers or boxes of miscellaneous stuff.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both. I listen, I read, and I try to get as much of a holistic view on the situation as possible. I'll look for info that supports the new principle and then I'll look for info that refutes it as well. Then I'll make my own decision. I also look at where I'm getting the info from.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
It depends on the group. If we're talking about my family and very close friends, then I try and make sure everyone is doing fine. If its some other group though, I have no problem doing my own thing. Mostly I just don't like tension. If there is tension in the group, I want it resolved (or else I want to leave the group).
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Both. I mostly think before I speak, but sometimes I feel pressured to say something so I speak before I think. Actually, I'd say its about 50/50 lately.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I look before I leap for sure. Words and actions both speak, but if your words and actions don't match up, then your actions end up being louder.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?Tape the tv how on the dvr and then go out with my friends (assuming that there not doing something that I totally dislike).
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I sometimes isolate myself, sometimes I cry, and I may get angry. I feel hopeless for a few minutes and then I try and figure out what to do about it.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Negativity, phoniness, selfishness, not being compassionate.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like talking about or listening to a lot of different things. I'm not sure how to answer this question.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I'm honestly not sure.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?They see me as nice, funny, shy, and perhaps a little offbeat. I think they think that I'm a lot more innocent or naive than I reall am. They would probably never call me mean-sprited or slutty.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Travel somewhere, go to a theme park, go to a restaurant, see a movie, go to beach, go to a concert. Thats kind of a lot for one day, but those are some things I'd like to do.
21) In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?If I see someone really struggling I might offer some help, but I also wouldn't want to bother them too much. I don't want to just assume that they don't know what they're doing or make them feel like its really obvious to everyone that they're struggling.
22) Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?
Alright, this might sound kind of crazy, but I always have some kind of story running through my head. For example, lets say that I was just listening to a song on youtube. For the next 20 minutues I might be imagining myself performing that song on stage as if I were in concert. Or lets say I'm watching a movie. Throughout and after the movie my mind is making up background stories for the characters and imagining things that have happened in their lives outside of what was shown in the movie. It doesn't always have to be inspired by movies or music, but like I said I tend to always have a story or something imaginative running through my head.