• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This Limit's Questionnaire Thing Sounds Cool

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

I am logical. The opposite of logical is illogical.
I am self-satisfied. The opposite of self-satisfied is unsure.
I am reasonable. The opposite of reasonable is unreasonable.
I am kind. The opposite of kind is mean.
I am calm. The opposite of calm is irritable.

2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.

I could be illogical because my logic has a personal bias and might be subjective. It is good to be illogical when dealing with personal issues because being logical seems to upset matters even more.

I could be unsure because I often look for approval from others and compare myself to them. It is good to be unsure when the current situation is largely unknown to you and you need to scope it out to see how you fit in.

I could be unreasonable because sometimes I want my way regardless of anything else. I am stubborn and sometimes that gets in the way and can make me unreasonable. It can be good to be unreasonable when dealing with other people being unreasonable and the outcome would be worse otherwise.

I could be mean because I find humor at others' expenses. It can be good to be mean if it is the only way someone will learn something that will ultimately help them out in the long run.

I could be irritable because certain things can easily irritate me. I hate slow drivers and people who don't yield at yield signs or use their blinkers. I hate many interruptions on my time. I hate people underestimating me. I hate people being illogical, unreasonable, or irritable. It can be good to be irritable because it lets people know they are bugging you or not treating you right and it can be a defense.

3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?

Note: You’re talking to a young child so keep the answer short and brief.

What do YOU think it is? Where did you even hear that from? Yeah? You heard it on TV? Do you know what "purpose of life" even means? You do? Okay, well I believe the purpose of life is to make yourself and others happy. Be nice, but don't let others be mean to you.

4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?

Same as the purpose, plus go to school, don't do drugs, and don't let anyone scare you.

5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?

Note: Your health will be fine all the way up to the end.

I'd tell everyone I know about it so I'd get plenty of sympathy and ensure that everyone I know would be thinking about me and concentrating on making my last year enjoyable. I'd go on way more hikes. I'd get baptized to ensure I'd go to Heaven when I did die. I'd want to travel and see a lot more of the world. I'd want some way to make sure my wife and kids would be okay after I'm gone. And I'd have a lot more sex.

6. Why aren't you doing this now?

Because most of those are more long-term goals that would need to be expedited because of my untimely death. Since they don't need to be, they can afford to wait until the more immediate things are taken care of.

7. What do you really want in your truest self?

To be admired and people to be amazed at what I can do. That's when I feel best.

8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?

A lot. I've settled for a smaller wage because I don't like pressuring and being aggressive. I've settled for semi-attractive partners because they are the only ones who have looked twice at me. I have settled for driving without music with my wife in the car because I only like to listen to mine at a good volume and it gives her a headache. I've substituted a lot of what I want to do on my free time for taking care of my kids and spending time with the family.

9. What are your defense mechanisms?

Proactively making sure I have a good, acceptable reason for doing something and reactively defending those reasons. After that, shrugging the opposition off and rendering their opinions unimportant. If push really comes to shove, glaring with fierce eye contact and sternly, loudly saying to back off, this is how it is and it will only be more like this if they keep it up.

10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?

Having good personal hygiene (need to work more on that) and being responsible without sacrificing too much on the fun.

11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?

I analyze everything. I point out odd things I notice and talk about what it reminds me of. I may even tell about the back-story I just made up about it. I get up and pace around as I tell a story that happened to me, making it sound as dramatic as it was for me to ensure I keep everyone's attention captivated.

12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?

To feel loved. To feel like I'm accepted how I am and to make the ones I love happy.

13. What condition is your heart in right now?

Yearning and feeling unaccomplished.

14. What does your head say it needs and wants?

To always have something interested to do, whether it be a challenge or something new to engage it.

15. What condition is your mind in right now?

It's looking at the scroll bar on the right of this and thinking it is too high. I want to be done with this questionnaire or at least have some easier questions and I don't have to think about. I wish I had someone who is interested in my interests instead of making me feel guilty for pursuing them. It feels very bored when in the meantime.

16. What does your body say it needs and wants?

It wants to be a lot more active and needs more sleep.

17. What is the condition of your body right now?

Surprisingly, with the little I exercise and the junk food I eat, in pretty decent condition. My eyes and head get tired before my body does.

18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

I trust my head for important decisions and my heart to decide what I want.

19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

My body because I'm in good health and so far hasn't there hasn't been an important decision involving it.

20. What is your predominant fault?

Being lazy, which causes me to fill out things like this at work instead of working.

21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

I felt accepted and necessary, I felt good about others, and nothing in particular about the entire world.

22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

I felt unappreciated, like others weren't intelligent enough to appreciate me, and nothing in particular about the entire world.

23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.

Eating sugary/salty junk food and letting my eyes and mind wander and think about things other than what I should be paying attention to.

24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?

There is so much, I don't really want to think about it all and list it all. I feel stifled and trapped. I feel the constraints of time all the time and wish I could just do whatever I want at any time. I wish I could sit at home all day unless I wanted to go out and not have anyone depend on me or depend on anyone else. I wish I had no expectations of me and no responsibilities. I wish I could drive and not ever have anyone get in my way. I wish I could have powers and I would use them to prevent anyone from ever forcing me to do or not do anything. But I want to feel loved and have a non-threatening attractive woman to live with and share everything with who admires me.

25. What do you need in your life to face your fears?

I don't really think about my fears. I don't have a good idea of what my fears are and haven't thought about facing them. I don't know what I need.

26. What is your own personal mission statement?

To be happy and enjoy everything.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My best guess: ESTP 9w1 > 2w3 >5w6 sp/sx

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My best guess: ESTP 9w1 > 2w3 >5w6 sp/sx

Se dominance? I can see why you chose ESTP, but Mr. Sdawkkminn seems more ISTP like to me. Agreed with the 9, there's a lot of nines doing type me threads, make me feel kinda like... :beathorse:

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Se dominance? I can see why you chose ESTP, but Mr. Sdawkkminn seems more ISTP like to me. Agreed with the 9, there's a lot of nines doing type me threads, make me feel kinda like... :beathorse:

I saw too much Ti+Fe for him to be ISTP, which is Fe inferior, although I'm typing him based only on the information here, as I don't really know him all that well. If he's not Se dominant, then perhaps he might be ISFJ? Although that's probably not too likely. :thinking:

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
In researching different functions and what they are used for, I see a pattern. A majority of the functions seem to be described by their role in solving problems and how they go about doing so. I started thinking of problems that I've faced and how I solved them. While this didn't necessarily help me understand better because I seem to have a hard time linking the idea to an example, it gave me an idea. I took my most recent problem I faced at work and decided to go from recognizing the problem to solving it, detailing as best I could, the thoughts and feelings I had to get from the beginning to the end. What would be really helpful would be for you to tell what functions are mainly used here and, if possible, listing specific parts from the story that correspond with that function.

Warning, the following is lengthy.

Red means I'm feeling this.
Blue means I'm thinking this.
Black means this actually happened.

We started using a new time system at work where we clock in on our computer instead of a swiping badge. The problem was that computers were taking too long to log on, in some people's opinions, and they would end up clocking in late. I had to come up with a solution for the slow logon times.

Hears complaint.
Annoyance
too long? like what, 5 minutes? that's about how long i remember most computers taking. people can't get to their desks 5 minutes early? isn't that a good habit anyway? you're supposed to be ready to work at your start time, not just showing up. i thought most people thought that way. i've already explained that the delayed logon time was because it is checking the users' files against the backup of them on the server and making sure they are in sync. that way all their stuff follows them to different computers if they need to use a different one. also, if their computer dies, we'll have a backup. or would they rather just lose all their stuff for 5 minutes of logon time?
Motivation
alright, so i'll figure something out to make everyone completely surprised at the speed of their logon time and look like a genius. so i have the computers reboot every night by a script and i have roaming profiles enabled which backs their stuff up when they log off and restores it when they log on. the problem is the logon which is when roaming profiles restores the files. i can't change the network speed. i had it backup in real-time in the past, but that caused all kinds of problems, so i moved everyone to this setup and now this isn't sufficient. i need some way to backup files in case a computer dies. having the files follow them to other computers isn't really a priority. most people stay at their own desk and the ones that do move can just save their files to the network drive. terry might have used a program that works well for him.
"Hey Terry, do you know of any good backup programs we can use instead of roaming profiles?"
"No, but just search for one on Google. You'll find a bunch."
oh well. i'll see how that works out
Searches for free backup. Finds what I expect.
wait a minute, doesn't windows have a built-in backup program? it think it does.
Looks for backup program. Finds it. Runs through a test backup procedure to backup my desktop and documents files to a network location at a scheduled time.
i need to schedule a time when no one would be using their computers to run a backup everyday. after work? no, some people stay late. how late? some stay past 10pm some nights. and some people leave at 4pm and turn off their computers, or they go to sleep. lunch time? everyone should still be here then. meh. then it won't save what they work on after lunch until the next day at lunch. oh well, let me just get through this wizard and see if it will even work.
Stops to create a network location for the program to backup to. Goes back to program and tests it. Sees that it backups the files to a zip file inside several user unfriendly-named folders. It also saved a separate file for each backup.
that won't work. i only want it to backup files that have been changed since the last backup. is there some way to change this?
Tries to find options to change the way it stores them. There are none.
alright, maybe that backup program won't work. that's okay, i can just do this with a batch file. hmm... so when should i have it run? how do i make it backup when i know they are done using it but before they turn it off or it goes to sleep? hey, maybe have it run as a logoff script! that way it will be run when they log off, or when the computer is rebooted at 11 each night. okay, so for my batch file, i'll use xcopy since that will copy folders and files and that's the way i copy the whole microsoft office installation folder.
Opens a command prompt window and looks at options for xcopy. Sees that I can make it only copy files that were modified since the last modified date.
Excitement
alright, so i need to copy the desktop, documents, and favorites folders to the backup location. those are the only things they need. so i'll use this command to backup their files and then i can restore it when they log on...no, that's what slows it down. no restoring. i'll have to manually do it if their computer dies. that'll be fine.
Runs the program on my computer and sees it copy all my files flawlessly and quickly.
Pride
ha, there we go.
Changes one file and runs it again. It only copies that one file.
perfect!
Imagines someone calling up after I set them up on a new computer with no files and going to the folder to restore them. Sees all their files.
Panic
oh crap! this only backs up files and won't delete them if they delete it off their computer. if i need to restore their files, they'll get all the files they ever had! how do i make it delete files from the backup when they delete it from their computer?
Motivation
i need for it to check if each file on the backup exists in the same location on their computer and if it doesn't, delete it from the backup. i know how to do this. i've done it before.
Writes a second line in the batch file to perform this second function.
so now when they delete a file it will delete it from the backup as well. and if they go to another computer they'll see nothing... and probably call me... hmm... i'll have to put a shortcut file on everyone's desktop that points to the backup location for their name. that way they can just access their stuff from there. and when they log off of that computer, then...
Panic
oh crap! the script will see that there are no files on that computer and think they deleted them all and delete all their files from backup! oh no! how is this going to work?
Motivation
i'll need some way to specify which computer the files came from. there's no way to know which computer is their main one via a script. i'll just have to make it back the files up to a folder with the network name of the computer they are currently using, and only check the files from that folder against the files on the computer they are using.
Relaxed
Modifies the batch file a little to make it backup to the folder with their computer's name as the name.
okay, that will have to work.
Tests the new script on my computer. It works flawlessly.
Pride
oh yeah! well, next i'll have terry try it.
"Hey, can you test this batch file on your computer? It's the new one I just wrote to replace roaming profiles and eliminate the slow logon times."
He runs it. It works flawlessly. I then deploy it to everyone. People's computers log on really fast and they all backup their files to the backup location.