1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?
I am logical. The opposite of logical is illogical.
I am self-satisfied. The opposite of self-satisfied is unsure.
I am reasonable. The opposite of reasonable is unreasonable.
I am kind. The opposite of kind is mean.
I am calm. The opposite of calm is irritable.
2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.
I could be illogical because my logic has a personal bias and might be subjective. It is good to be illogical when dealing with personal issues because being logical seems to upset matters even more.
I could be unsure because I often look for approval from others and compare myself to them. It is good to be unsure when the current situation is largely unknown to you and you need to scope it out to see how you fit in.
I could be unreasonable because sometimes I want my way regardless of anything else. I am stubborn and sometimes that gets in the way and can make me unreasonable. It can be good to be unreasonable when dealing with other people being unreasonable and the outcome would be worse otherwise.
I could be mean because I find humor at others' expenses. It can be good to be mean if it is the only way someone will learn something that will ultimately help them out in the long run.
I could be irritable because certain things can easily irritate me. I hate slow drivers and people who don't yield at yield signs or use their blinkers. I hate many interruptions on my time. I hate people underestimating me. I hate people being illogical, unreasonable, or irritable. It can be good to be irritable because it lets people know they are bugging you or not treating you right and it can be a defense.
3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?
Note: You’re talking to a young child so keep the answer short and brief.
What do YOU think it is? Where did you even hear that from? Yeah? You heard it on TV? Do you know what "purpose of life" even means? You do? Okay, well I believe the purpose of life is to make yourself and others happy. Be nice, but don't let others be mean to you.
4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?
Same as the purpose, plus go to school, don't do drugs, and don't let anyone scare you.
5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?
Note: Your health will be fine all the way up to the end.
I'd tell everyone I know about it so I'd get plenty of sympathy and ensure that everyone I know would be thinking about me and concentrating on making my last year enjoyable. I'd go on way more hikes. I'd get baptized to ensure I'd go to Heaven when I did die. I'd want to travel and see a lot more of the world. I'd want some way to make sure my wife and kids would be okay after I'm gone. And I'd have a lot more sex.
6. Why aren't you doing this now?
Because most of those are more long-term goals that would need to be expedited because of my untimely death. Since they don't need to be, they can afford to wait until the more immediate things are taken care of.
7. What do you really want in your truest self?
To be admired and people to be amazed at what I can do. That's when I feel best.
8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?
A lot. I've settled for a smaller wage because I don't like pressuring and being aggressive. I've settled for semi-attractive partners because they are the only ones who have looked twice at me. I have settled for driving without music with my wife in the car because I only like to listen to mine at a good volume and it gives her a headache. I've substituted a lot of what I want to do on my free time for taking care of my kids and spending time with the family.
9. What are your defense mechanisms?
Proactively making sure I have a good, acceptable reason for doing something and reactively defending those reasons. After that, shrugging the opposition off and rendering their opinions unimportant. If push really comes to shove, glaring with fierce eye contact and sternly, loudly saying to back off, this is how it is and it will only be more like this if they keep it up.
10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?
Having good personal hygiene (need to work more on that) and being responsible without sacrificing too much on the fun.
11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?
I analyze everything. I point out odd things I notice and talk about what it reminds me of. I may even tell about the back-story I just made up about it. I get up and pace around as I tell a story that happened to me, making it sound as dramatic as it was for me to ensure I keep everyone's attention captivated.
12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?
To feel loved. To feel like I'm accepted how I am and to make the ones I love happy.
13. What condition is your heart in right now?
Yearning and feeling unaccomplished.
14. What does your head say it needs and wants?
To always have something interested to do, whether it be a challenge or something new to engage it.
15. What condition is your mind in right now?
It's looking at the scroll bar on the right of this and thinking it is too high. I want to be done with this questionnaire or at least have some easier questions and I don't have to think about. I wish I had someone who is interested in my interests instead of making me feel guilty for pursuing them. It feels very bored when in the meantime.
16. What does your body say it needs and wants?
It wants to be a lot more active and needs more sleep.
17. What is the condition of your body right now?
Surprisingly, with the little I exercise and the junk food I eat, in pretty decent condition. My eyes and head get tired before my body does.
18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?
I trust my head for important decisions and my heart to decide what I want.
19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?
My body because I'm in good health and so far hasn't there hasn't been an important decision involving it.
20. What is your predominant fault?
Being lazy, which causes me to fill out things like this at work instead of working.
21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?
I felt accepted and necessary, I felt good about others, and nothing in particular about the entire world.
22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?
I felt unappreciated, like others weren't intelligent enough to appreciate me, and nothing in particular about the entire world.
23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.
Eating sugary/salty junk food and letting my eyes and mind wander and think about things other than what I should be paying attention to.
24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?
There is so much, I don't really want to think about it all and list it all. I feel stifled and trapped. I feel the constraints of time all the time and wish I could just do whatever I want at any time. I wish I could sit at home all day unless I wanted to go out and not have anyone depend on me or depend on anyone else. I wish I had no expectations of me and no responsibilities. I wish I could drive and not ever have anyone get in my way. I wish I could have powers and I would use them to prevent anyone from ever forcing me to do or not do anything. But I want to feel loved and have a non-threatening attractive woman to live with and share everything with who admires me.
25. What do you need in your life to face your fears?
I don't really think about my fears. I don't have a good idea of what my fears are and haven't thought about facing them. I don't know what I need.
26. What is your own personal mission statement?
To be happy and enjoy everything.