• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFJ or INFJ?

silverrose

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
One of your links wasn't working on my laptop so I went and found another to replace it. Various results:

Keys 2 Cognition
extraverted Sensing (Se)= (24) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si)= (18.8) limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)= (33) good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)= (32.8) good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) = (26.6) average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) = (33.9) good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) = (31) good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) = (40.1) excellent use

Fi- Ti- Ne- Ni- Fe- Te- Se- Si

Cognitive Quiz
Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
Fi - Ni - Ti - Si - Fe - Se - Te - Ne

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So did you bother to read the Jung or Beebe at all to see which one you identified with?

Because that's more accurate than those cognitive functions tests, which tend to be only marginally accurate ...

silverrose

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
So did you bother to read the Jung or Beebe at all to see which one you identified with?

Because that's more accurate than those cognitive functions tests, which tend to be only marginally accurate ...

Are you referring to those descriptions you posted? They kinda went over my head. :shrug:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The Beebe at the bottom isn't in academic language like the Jung. Did you notice the succinct Beebe descriptions at the bottom? They're much plainer to understand.

I'm not saying that Si doms can't understand Jung, because that would be false, but rejecting theory entirely without even trying to understand it does seem less likely in an INFJ, especially since they tend to be the "NF closest to being NT."

Your age could sway everything. You could even be too young to be typed. I have no idea how old you are. But I definitely think you're IxFJ.

silverrose

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The Beebe at the bottom isn't in academic language like the Jung. Did you notice the succinct Beebe descriptions at the bottom? They're much plainer to understand.

Uh, maybe I skipped over them. *goes to check again*

...rejecting theory entirely without even trying to understand it does seem less likely in an INFJ, especially since they tend to be the "NF closest to being NT."
hahahha, it was definitely not a lack of effort that prevented my understanding what I did read. I sat there for like ten minutes trying to understand the sentences of the Si description I didn't get, and then I skipped over to the Ni one when it proved fruitless. I tend to think I'm just not 'there' mentally yet. His style of writing and his vocabulary threw me off, and I couldn't adapt to it some reason.

Your age could sway everything. You could even be too young to be typed. I have no idea how old you are. But I definitely think you're IxFJ.
It's quite possible that I could be too young to be typed, but I am 17 and theoretically that is old enough to get a pretty darn good idea.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah his language is elevated and that's a matter of education, not intelligence. It's grad school level language, and I think the reason I'm able to follow it is because I read a lot and majored in English. So I'm not judging you, please don't take it that way.

ISFJs can be very intelligent, it's just that they (as a general group) would be more likely to say "this is nonsense, I'm not even going to bother with this, I have more important things to do." That's the only reason I thought ISFJ, not because of any measure of your intelligence, because there's not a "smarter" personality type, per se. In college I had both INFJ and ISFJ English professors, blah blah blah.

Beebe is more straight forward.

I'm ExFP so I will be perfectly honest when I say I like things to "get to the point." It took me a while to even break down and read Jung and swim through it. I get annoyed with a bunch of blah blah blah myself. But it's worth reading and understanding because it's really the only way to type people correctly.

silverrose

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Yeah his language is elevated and that's a matter of education, not intelligence. It's grad school level language, and I think the reason I'm able to follow it is because I read a lot and majored in English. So I'm not judging you, please don't take it that way.

ISFJs can be very intelligent, it's just that they (as a general group) would be more likely to say "this is nonsense, I'm not even going to bother with this, I have more important things to do." That's the only reason I thought ISFJ, not because of any measure of your intelligence, because there's not a "smarter" personality type, per se. In college I had both INFJ and ISFJ English professors, blah blah blah.

Beebe is more straight forward.

I'm ExFP so I will be perfectly honest when I say I like things to "get to the point." It took me a while to even break down and read Jung and swim through it. I get annoyed with a bunch of blah blah blah myself. But it's worth reading and understanding because it's really the only way to type people correctly.

:D I'm not offended or anything, I promise. I guessed what you were thinking, so yeah don't be afraid to tell me what you think. It can only get me closer to finding the truth. That helped me to analyze for myself why I found that difficult to read.

I'll give those descriptions another shot, but I'll do it after swimming or something when my brain is cleared. I'm kinda groggy right now. :p

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:D I'm not offended or anything, I promise. I guessed what you were thinking, so yeah don't be afraid to tell me what you think. It can only get me closer to finding the truth. That helped me to analyze for myself why I found that difficult to read.

I'll give those descriptions another shot, but I'll do it after swimming or something when my brain is cleared. I'm kinda groggy right now. :p

Just start with the Beebe link, don't bother with the introductory paragraphs in the link, scroll down to where the archetypal models begin and that should be more helpful, this is where I retrieved the things where you said you related more to the INxJ perspective. If you follow the link it will expand on shadow functions as well.

silverrose

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Just start with the Beebe link, don't bother with the introductory paragraphs in the link, scroll down to where the archetypal models begin and that should be more helpful, this is where I retrieved the things where you said you related more to the INxJ perspective. If you follow the link it will expand on shadow functions as well.

'K, thanks. :)

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
silverrose, do you have the memory of an elephant or a sieve?

Generally,
Elephantine memory = ISFJ
Sieveish memory = INFJ
:D

(This isn't a purist's method, btw, but can be a pointer.)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
'K, thanks. :)

You're welcome. :)

Although it's possible it just might confuse you more. I relate to elements of both ENFP and ESFP.

Like for example I do this

"ESxP's: emergent conceptualization makes me feel totally lost and you're taking advantage of this:

•[I "over-read 'between the lines'" and project this onto you by "misinterpreting the meaning of someone's actions and attributing negative intentions where there were none" (Berens)], so I'm going to react accordingly."

But I also relate to the whole nostalgia thing of Si.

So my point is read carefully and it *might* help you. It will at least give you a deeper understanding of being IxFJ vs. IxFP or ExFJ.

I'm sorry if I'm being confusing. I honestly was trying to be helpful. :laugh:

silverrose

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
silverrose, do you have the memory of an elephant or a sieve?

Generally,
Elephantine memory = ISFJ
Sieveish memory = INFJ

:D

(This isn't a purist's method, btw, but can be a pointer.)

This is the thing that has made me think I am an ISFJ. My memory can be really good, but only when I'm concentrating on it. If you ask me out of the blue about something, I may not remember. But odd little facts that I found relevant or interesting stick really well; I can memorize speeches or things easy it's photographic- I see the page), and I can remember whole scenes in vivid detail. Facial expressions, impressions I got, voices, gestures, everything.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One of your links wasn't working on my laptop so I went and found another to replace it. Various results:

Keys 2 Cognition
extraverted Sensing (Se)= (24) limited use
introverted Sensing (Si)= (18.8) limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)= (33) good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)= (32.8) good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) = (26.6) average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) = (33.9) good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) = (31) good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) = (40.1) excellent use

Fi- Ti- Ne- Ni- Fe- Te- Se- Si

Cognitive Quiz
Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
Fi - Ni - Ti - Si - Fe - Se - Te - Ne

Well, juding by those results alone, INFP or INFJ would be most likely, then again as Marm mentioned, such tests are only marginally accurate; also they can never substitute full knowledge and understanding of what the functions mean and how one uses them; they can only give an idea to ones type.

Anyway though, judging from your OP I still see more Fe in you, so I'm still more willing to say IxFJ, probably ISFJ (I agree with Marm's assertions of you being ISFJ).

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
This is the thing that has made me think I am an ISFJ. My memory can be really good, but only when I'm concentrating on it. If you ask me out of the blue about something, I may not remember. But odd little facts that I found relevant or interesting stick really well; I can memorize speeches or things easy it's photographic- I see the page), and I can remember whole scenes in vivid detail. Facial expressions, impressions I got, voices, gestures, everything.

My lack of memory is the thing that makes me think I'm not ISFJ, though I can sometimes fit the description.

Regardless of your type, your memory skill is a wonderful thing. I know an INFP who has photographic memory, so this trait can be found even when Si comes third, so it may have little to do with cognitive functions.

silverrose

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My lack of memory is the thing that makes me think I'm not ISFJ, though I can sometimes fit the description.

Regardless of your type, your memory skill is a wonderful thing. I know an INFP who has photographic memory, so this trait can be found even when Si comes third, so it may have little to do with cognitive functions.

It was the biggest thing I identified with in the ISFJ description, but I don't feel like I use memory the way ISFJs apparently do. I'm really unobservant, usually, so all the talk of attention to detail being the reason doesn't feel like what I do. For me it's more like taking a mental picture; I notice the details later.

silverrose

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Anyway though, judging from your OP I still see more Fe in you, so I'm still more willing to say IxFJ, probably ISFJ (I agree with Marm's assertions of you being ISFJ).

Clarification- you agree with Marmie that I'm prolly an ISFJ based on how I treated the articles she posted?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All I see here is Fe, Fe, Fe.

But most likely in the aux position.

So, since you're describing neither Ni nor Si clearly, how about you look at these:

Apparently you missed this part of her OP:

"-I'm good at languages, reading, ect, have always been huge on art, and love writing and inventing worlds
-I'm good at picking up on the underlying principles or patterns in a situation"