Thread: ISFJ or INFJ?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by silverrose View Post
    It was the biggest thing I identified with in the ISFJ description, but I don't feel like I use memory the way ISFJs apparently do. I'm really unobservant, usually, so all the talk of attention to detail being the reason doesn't feel like what I do. For me it's more like taking a mental picture; I notice the details later.
    The Si style of living involves much living in the past and even living for the sake of the past.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The Si style of living involves much living in the past and even living for the sake of the past.
    Hmmm...I'm more present- and future- oriented I think. The more I think about it, it seems like those instances where I have spent time recalling past experiences have been when I've been isolated for some time and have exhausted my usual subjects for contemplation, or I'm particularly gloomy. In either case, I am usually re-evaluating a situation to find deeper or hidden meanings that I might not have discovered before or amusing myself by thinking about people I like. "Maybe she did that because xxxx..." or "now I understand why he did that!"

Ni or Si (working with Fe)?^

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by silverrose View Post
    Hmmm...I'm more present- and future- oriented I think. The more I think about it, it seems like those instances where I have spent time recalling past experiences have been when I've been isolated for some time and have exhausted my usual subjects for contemplation, or I'm particularly gloomy. In either case, I am usually re-evaluating a situation to find deeper or hidden meanings that I might not have discovered before or amusing myself by thinking about people I like. "Maybe she did that because xxxx..." or "now I understand why he did that!"

Ni or Si (working with Fe)?^
    Everything you say points to FeNi. Finding deeper or hidden meanings is Ni not Si. So INFJ.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Re-read your OP: I think you're INFJ, I see Ni usage, not really any Si usage.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Based on everything you’ve said, I'm voting for INFJ.

In your answers to the questions about the meals from yesterday or the doctor's visit, the fact that it would take you a few minutes to recall the details and would be vague in your answers doesn't sound like any of the ISFJs I know. The Si-doms or auxiliaries that I know are usually able to give word-for-word dialogue recall of a conversation that happened a week ago at a moment's notice. For me, I could recall overall meanings derived from conversations, and some sniplets of important information/dialogue, but actual word-for-word, chronological details would take a lot more brain power.

And don’t feel bad that it’s hard for you to figure out your dominant function right away . The fact that it’s closest to our ego and how we perceive reality can make it harder to realize when we’re using it. Because . . . that basically is our reality, and it can be like, ‘Wait, you mean not everyone thinks like this?’ It’s easier for me to notice when I’m using Fe, Ti, or Se than Ni. I think I’m only at the beginning of grasping just how much of my thoughts are all permeated by Ni. It’s kind of like trying to tell what your nose looks like if you don’t have a mirror. It’s just too close to you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Thanks guys. I feel a lot more assured as a result of reading, some intense self-analyzing, observing myself over the last few days, and this discussion with y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    Based on everything you’ve said, I'm voting for INFJ.

In your answers to the questions about the meals from yesterday or the doctor's visit, the fact that it would take you a few minutes to recall the details and would be vague in your answers doesn't sound like any of the ISFJs I know. The Si-doms or auxiliaries that I know are usually able to give word-for-word dialogue recall of a conversation that happened a week ago at a moment's notice. For me, I could recall overall meanings derived from conversations, and some sniplets of important information/dialogue, but actual word-for-word, chronological details would take a lot more brain power.
    YESH.

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    Because . . . that basically is our reality, and it can be like, ‘Wait, you mean not everyone thinks like this?’
    *hahahaha, that is exactly my reaction when I first started learning about MBTI. I love it because it makes it so much easier to tolerate people...

An

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???

INFJ