User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: ISFJ or INFJ?

  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Just start with the Beebe link, don't bother with the introductory paragraphs in the link, scroll down to where the archetypal models begin and that should be more helpful, this is where I retrieved the things where you said you related more to the INxJ perspective. If you follow the link it will expand on shadow functions as well.
    'K, thanks.

  2. #32
    Senior Member sciski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    468

    Default

    silverrose, do you have the memory of an elephant or a sieve?







    Generally,
    Elephantine memory = ISFJ
    Sieveish memory = INFJ


    (This isn't a purist's method, btw, but can be a pointer.)

  3. #33
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverrose View Post
    'K, thanks.
    You're welcome.

    Although it's possible it just might confuse you more. I relate to elements of both ENFP and ESFP.

    Like for example I do this

    "ESxP's: emergent conceptualization makes me feel totally lost and you're taking advantage of this:

    •[I "over-read 'between the lines'" and project this onto you by "misinterpreting the meaning of someone's actions and attributing negative intentions where there were none" (Berens)], so I'm going to react accordingly."

    But I also relate to the whole nostalgia thing of Si.

    So my point is read carefully and it *might* help you. It will at least give you a deeper understanding of being IxFJ vs. IxFP or ExFJ.

    I'm sorry if I'm being confusing. I honestly was trying to be helpful.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    silverrose, do you have the memory of an elephant or a sieve?


    Generally,
    Elephantine memory = ISFJ
    Sieveish memory = INFJ



    (This isn't a purist's method, btw, but can be a pointer.)
    This is the thing that has made me think I am an ISFJ. My memory can be really good, but only when I'm concentrating on it. If you ask me out of the blue about something, I may not remember. But odd little facts that I found relevant or interesting stick really well; I can memorize speeches or things easy it's photographic- I see the page), and I can remember whole scenes in vivid detail. Facial expressions, impressions I got, voices, gestures, everything.

  5. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'm sorry if I'm being confusing. I honestly was trying to be helpful.
    It's all cool. Throw at me everything ya've got.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverrose View Post
    One of your links wasn't working on my laptop so I went and found another to replace it. Various results:

    Keys 2 Cognition
    extraverted Sensing (Se)= (24) limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si)= (18.8) limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne)= (33) good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni)= (32.8) good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) = (26.6) average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) = (33.9) good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) = (31) good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) = (40.1) excellent use

    Fi- Ti- Ne- Ni- Fe- Te- Se- Si

    Cognitive Quiz
    Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
    Fi - Ni - Ti - Si - Fe - Se - Te - Ne
    Well, juding by those results alone, INFP or INFJ would be most likely, then again as Marm mentioned, such tests are only marginally accurate; also they can never substitute full knowledge and understanding of what the functions mean and how one uses them; they can only give an idea to ones type.

    Anyway though, judging from your OP I still see more Fe in you, so I'm still more willing to say IxFJ, probably ISFJ (I agree with Marm's assertions of you being ISFJ).

  7. #37
    Senior Member sciski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverrose View Post
    This is the thing that has made me think I am an ISFJ. My memory can be really good, but only when I'm concentrating on it. If you ask me out of the blue about something, I may not remember. But odd little facts that I found relevant or interesting stick really well; I can memorize speeches or things easy it's photographic- I see the page), and I can remember whole scenes in vivid detail. Facial expressions, impressions I got, voices, gestures, everything.
    My lack of memory is the thing that makes me think I'm not ISFJ, though I can sometimes fit the description.

    Regardless of your type, your memory skill is a wonderful thing. I know an INFP who has photographic memory, so this trait can be found even when Si comes third, so it may have little to do with cognitive functions.

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    My lack of memory is the thing that makes me think I'm not ISFJ, though I can sometimes fit the description.

    Regardless of your type, your memory skill is a wonderful thing. I know an INFP who has photographic memory, so this trait can be found even when Si comes third, so it may have little to do with cognitive functions.
    It was the biggest thing I identified with in the ISFJ description, but I don't feel like I use memory the way ISFJs apparently do. I'm really unobservant, usually, so all the talk of attention to detail being the reason doesn't feel like what I do. For me it's more like taking a mental picture; I notice the details later.

  9. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Anyway though, judging from your OP I still see more Fe in you, so I'm still more willing to say IxFJ, probably ISFJ (I agree with Marm's assertions of you being ISFJ).
    Clarification- you agree with Marmie that I'm prolly an ISFJ based on how I treated the articles she posted?

  10. #40
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    All I see here is Fe, Fe, Fe.

    But most likely in the aux position.

    So, since you're describing neither Ni nor Si clearly, how about you look at these:
    Apparently you missed this part of her OP:

    "-I'm good at languages, reading, ect, have always been huge on art, and love writing and inventing worlds
    -I'm good at picking up on the underlying principles or patterns in a situation"
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Please help me! (ISFJ or INFJ)
    By Rhonorix in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-28-2014, 02:14 PM
  2. Hello am I an Isfj or infj?
    By bohemian in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 03:55 PM
  3. ISFJ or INFJ?
    By PeaceAndMusic in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 05:12 PM
  4. Type my friend: ISFJ or INFJ?
    By SilentStream in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 07:30 AM
  5. [MBTItm] ENTPs & Relationships: ISFJ or INFJ?
    By fill in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 12:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO