User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: ISFJ or INFJ?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

One of your links wasn't working on my laptop so I went and found another to replace it. Various results:

Keys 2 Cognition
    extraverted Sensing (Se)= (24) limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si)= (18.8) limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne)= (33) good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni)= (32.8) good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) = (26.6) average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) = (33.9) good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) = (31) good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) = (40.1) excellent use

Fi- Ti- Ne- Ni- Fe- Te- Se- Si

Cognitive Quiz
    Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
    Fi - Ni - Ti - Si - Fe - Se - Te - Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So did you bother to read the Jung or Beebe at all to see which one you identified with?

Because that's more accurate than those cognitive functions tests, which tend to be only marginally accurate ...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    So did you bother to read the Jung or Beebe at all to see which one you identified with?

Because that's more accurate than those cognitive functions tests, which tend to be only marginally accurate ...
    Are you referring to those descriptions you posted? They kinda went over my head.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ISFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

ISFJ.
    if you're basing that off my inability to comprehend the articles, I'm not sure that would be an accurate assessment. It could also be because i'm still a teenager...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The Beebe at the bottom isn't in academic language like the Jung. Did you notice the succinct Beebe descriptions at the bottom? They're much plainer to understand.

I'm not saying that Si doms can't understand Jung, because that would be false, but rejecting theory entirely without even trying to understand it does seem less likely in an INFJ, especially since they tend to be the "NF closest to being NT."

Your age could sway everything. You could even be too young to be typed. I have no idea how old you are. But I definitely think you're IxFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

The Beebe at the bottom isn't in academic language like the Jung. Did you notice the succinct Beebe descriptions at the bottom? They're much plainer to understand.
    Uh, maybe I skipped over them. *goes to check again*

...rejecting theory entirely without even trying to understand it does seem less likely in an INFJ, especially since they tend to be the "NF closest to being NT."
    hahahha, it was definitely not a lack of effort that prevented my understanding what I did read. I sat there for like ten minutes trying to understand the sentences of the Si description I didn't get, and then I skipped over to the Ni one when it proved fruitless. I tend to think I'm just not 'there' mentally yet. His style of writing and his vocabulary threw me off, and I couldn't adapt to it some reason.

Your age could sway everything. You could even be too young to be typed. I have no idea how old you are. But I definitely think you're IxFJ.
    It's quite possible that I could be too young to be typed, but I am 17 and theoretically that is old enough to get a pretty darn good idea.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah his language is elevated and that's a matter of education, not intelligence. It's grad school level language, and I think the reason I'm able to follow it is because I read a lot and majored in English. So I'm not judging you, please don't take it that way.

ISFJs can be very intelligent, it's just that they (as a general group) would be more likely to say "this is nonsense, I'm not even going to bother with this, I have more important things to do." That's the only reason I thought ISFJ, not because of any measure of your intelligence, because there's not a "smarter" personality type, per se. In college I had both INFJ and ISFJ English professors, blah blah blah.

Beebe is more straight forward.

I'm ExFP so I will be perfectly honest when I say I like things to "get to the point." It took me a while to even break down and read Jung and swim through it. I get annoyed with a bunch of blah blah blah myself. But it's worth reading and understanding because it's really the only way to type people correctly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Yeah his language is elevated and that's a matter of education, not intelligence. It's grad school level language, and I think the reason I'm able to follow it is because I read a lot and majored in English. So I'm not judging you, please don't take it that way.

ISFJs can be very intelligent, it's just that they (as a general group) would be more likely to say "this is nonsense, I'm not even going to bother with this, I have more important things to do." That's the only reason I thought ISFJ, not because of any measure of your intelligence, because there's not a "smarter" personality type, per se. In college I had both INFJ and ISFJ English professors, blah blah blah.

Beebe is more straight forward.

I'm ExFP so I will be perfectly honest when I say I like things to "get to the point." It took me a while to even break down and read Jung and swim through it. I get annoyed with a bunch of blah blah blah myself. But it's worth reading and understanding because it's really the only way to type people correctly.
    I'm not offended or anything, I promise. I guessed what you were thinking, so yeah don't be afraid to tell me what you think. It can only get me closer to finding the truth. That helped me to analyze for myself why I found that difficult to read.

I'll give those descriptions another shot, but I'll do it after swimming or something when my brain is cleared. I'm kinda groggy right now. :p

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by silverrose View Post
    I'm not offended or anything, I promise. I guessed what you were thinking, so yeah don't be afraid to tell me what you think. It can only get me closer to finding the truth. That helped me to analyze for myself why I found that difficult to read.

I'll give those descriptions another shot, but I'll do it after swimming or something when my brain is cleared. I'm kinda groggy right now. :p
    Just start with the Beebe link, don't bother with the introductory paragraphs in the link, scroll down to where the archetypal models begin and that should be more helpful, this is where I retrieved the things where you said you related more to the INxJ perspective. If you follow the link it will expand on shadow functions as well.