MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by silverrose View Post
    Aww. *happy blush*

Actually, I've never really related to ENFJ much. I don't find teaching others that appealing, nor am I that great at it. Maybe I do have Ne, cuz when I try to explain stuff it's usually far more garbled than it sounds in my head. And I'm often milessssss ahead of my classmates (or even teacher).

...You know, when I help people, it's not always cuz I like them or want to help them; it's more of a moral compulsion. like I HATE being ordered around and though I usually do as I'm told, I can be really hot-tempered about it.
    You're welcome (and welcome to the forums )

Hmmmm.... perhaps INFJ instead? I mean not all ENFJ's are super extraverts who have to embody a teacher role exactly, many can be reserved and quiet; then again INFJ's can also be quite outgoing or exuberant.

Question; where does this moral compulsion come from? Does it originate from your own inner sense of right and wrong, or is it more objectively based surrounded the moral or the community?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My gut says INFJ, mostly because 95% of what you said applies to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Nothing contradicts INFJ so far

Marmie's post is helpful. Which one do you relate more to?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    So, since you're describing neither Ni nor Si clearly, how about you look at these:
    Lol, maybe it's cuz I'm tired, but those were really hard to get through and were not easy to understand or relate to. There were parts of both that I related to, but the fact that I didn't understand them very well makes it difficult to gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Si (ISxJ): Life must be familiar to my storehouse of data
    Ni (INxJ): Life must have an underlying significance inferred by me

ISxJ's might feel inferior in new possibilities.
    INxJ's might feel inferior with current tangible experience.

ISxJ's Cling to dominant perspective. Criticize NP's as irresponsible regarding learned knowledge
    INxJ's Cling to dominant perspective. Criticize SP's as reckless
    Here, the INxJ perspective is the most familiar and like me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    You're welcome (and welcome to the forums )
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Question; where does this moral compulsion come from? Does it originate from your own inner sense of right and wrong, or is it more objectively based surrounded the moral or the community?
    It feels like I have two different moral forces inside me. One is what I have learned and reasoned to be right and wrong; the other is an impulse to satisfy whatever demand is being made upon me. Most of the time these forces are in accordance; sometimes they conflict, which (now reflecting) I realize is an important factor in my "major problems".

I guess I'm stillll not clear on Si and Ni differences, or which it is that I use. Because they seem so subconscious for me, it's hard to relate to them without clear examples of what I would think or how I would feel or act when using them. It's almost like whichever description has the most examples is the one I lean towards.

Plus, I seem to be able to relate to or have a lot of almost any function. I realize that I am not very good at objective analysis of myself, because I can't really gauge whether I really use a function a lot or if I'm just making a big deal out of a few instances I've used something like it or if I'm not interpreting my actions correctly. It's like my inner world is a big ball of tangled yarn and I have to try to untangle and sort the colors out without looking at them.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I would guess INFJ from your description. I can't totally rule out ISFJ but I think the stuff below suggests N is more likely. Not that ISFJs can't grasp underlying principles, be a deep thinker, invent worlds, be intellectually curious, future oriented, or neglectful of the body but its more likely for INFJ to identify with those things.

-I'm good at languages, reading, ect, have always been huge on art, and love writing and inventing worlds
    -I'm good at picking up on the underlying principles or patterns in a situation
    -I LOVE thinking through complex problems, am really good at science, quick at picking up on math IF AND ONLY IF I understand the theory.
    -Since I was young, I've always been a deep thinker. I'd get in trouble for being disrespectful to my parents and cruel to my siblings if they were illogical
    -interested in topics like history, philosophy, lit, politics, economics, psychology, ect
    -I feel like I live for the future but I don't think about it very much. I'm always looking forward to the future, especially my years of higher education and then my family. However, it also scares me a little to think that I might not have my same friends
    -I am pretty ambitious academically. If I want to learn something or if I am intellectually curious about something, I will pursue it aggressively
    -I hate exerting myself physically so I exhaust myself, but I can easily forget to feed myself, rest, ect if I am doing something I love. I am good at things like sewing and cooking or any physical thing where I am not actually focusing on my body. Like soccer- if it engages me mentally I don't care so much about tiring myself
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I would guess INFJ from your description. I can't totally rule out ISFJ but I think the stuff below suggests N is more likely. Not that ISFJs can't grasp underlying principles, be a deep thinker, invent worlds, be intellectually curious, future oriented, or neglectful of the body but its more likely for INFJ to identify with those things.
    Thanks. I appreciate the clear explanation with reasons. I always gotta have 'warrants' for something for it to count.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Have you tried reading here?

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

The profiles are not that great, but they are easy to understand. That was where I started
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ladyinspring View Post
    Something else that might help. Eve Delunas has a book called "Survival Games Personalities Play" based on the four temperaments (SJ, NF, NT, SP) and what they tend to do when they're under stress and not getting their core needs fulfilled. The core needs for SJs are to "be accountable, unselfish, and to belong". When these needs are being threatened or unfulfilled, SJs react by playing the complain game. The variants of the complain game are: nag, play "poor me", depressed, doormat, invalid, and worried.

On the other hand, NFs play the masquerade game when their core needs are unfulfilled and they are under stress. Those needs are to be "authentic, benevolent, and empathic". Rather than complain, NFs try to hide themselves from view and deflect attention from whatever is making them feel ashamed about themselves. The variants of this game are: mind reader (thinking you know what the other person is thinking, usually something bad), martyr, grasshopper (moving from topic to topic to avoid talking about something), statue (cutting off physical functioning, such as a child who is so shy they won't speak), forgetful, and twitch (sudden emotional or physical outburts).

The NF masquerade game is intended to deceive, as opposed to the SJ complain game, which is intended to allow them to "check out" of the responsibility for caring because their caring isn't working for whatever reason. For an SJ under stress, "it's not my fault: I'm sick" or "you're not doing what you're supposed to" or "poor me, nobody is helping" or "I'll let you walk all over me, even abuse me" or "I'm so depressed I can't do anything" or "I'm so worried about everything". Of course, any type may complain or become depressed sometimes, but for SJs the complain game is the default when they're feeling stressed or like they don't belong or have been irresponsible.

I don't really identify with the complain game. In fact, I often make quite a show of not complaining even under the worst circumstances, even when I really should speak up about how I feel. That's an example of the NF playing the martyr. While an SJ doormat lets people walk over them but remains fully aware of it (even being resentful about it), the NF martyr completely subjugates their needs to show how good and pure and self-sacrificing they are.
    I checked out the other forums where people were struggling between ISFJ and INFJ and I stumbled upon that. If that is an accurate assessment of temperament type, then I am DEFINITELY an NF. Whenever I am unhappy or feel stressed or misunderstood, I do the whole hide-y thing where I get really quiet and evade questions and don't say what the problem is. I don't pretend like there isn't a problem but I feel like if I tell them they just won't understand so I "play the martyr". I've done this a lot in the last few months over doubt in my relationship with my best friend/SO and it describes me perfectly.

Wbu?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

It feels like I have two different moral forces inside me. One is what I have learned and reasoned to be right and wrong; the other is an impulse to satisfy whatever demand is being made upon me. Most of the time these forces are in accordance; sometimes they conflict, which (now reflecting) I realize is an important factor in my "major problems".
    Seems like you use a balance of Fi and Fe.

I guess I'm stillll not clear on Si and Ni differences, or which it is that I use. Because they seem so subconscious for me, it's hard to relate to them without clear examples of what I would think or how I would feel or act when using them. It's almost like whichever description has the most examples is the one I lean towards.

Plus, I seem to be able to relate to or have a lot of almost any function. I realize that I am not very good at objective analysis of myself, because I can't really gauge whether I really use a function a lot or if I'm just making a big deal out of a few instances I've used something like it or if I'm not interpreting my actions correctly. It's like my inner world is a big ball of tangled yarn and I have to try to untangle and sort the colors out without looking at them.
    When in doubt, take a test!

http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm
    http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-jung-type-test

post results please