User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: INTJ or INFJ

  1. #21
    Junior Member Assailant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    XYZ
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Here is another misconception you need not follow:
    Please explain how Type 5 and INTJ can be coherent. However, thank you for agreeing with me on my point of INTJs = emotionless robot.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    Emotions do not equal introverted feeling. Introverted feeling is where it draws your morals from an internal, subjective source. Also, ahriman, don't follow the misconception that INTJs are emotionless robots.

    If you're an INTJ, it's most likely you aren't a 5.
    If you're a 5, it's most likely you aren't an INTJ. INTJ & 5 together conflicts.
    How so? Stephen Hawking, Stanley Kubrick, Bobby Fischer and Isaac Newton were INTJ Fives...

  3. #23
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    Emotions do not equal introverted feeling. Introverted feeling is where it draws your morals from an internal, subjective source. Also, ahriman, don't follow the misconception that INTJs are emotionless robots.

    If you're an INTJ, it's most likely you aren't a 5.
    If you're a 5, it's most likely you aren't an INTJ. INTJ & 5 together conflicts.
    So you've claimed before, but you're wrong. 5 is one of the most common enneagram types among INTJ's.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    Please explain how Type 5 and INTJ can be coherent. However, thank you for agreeing with me on my point of INTJs = emotionless robot.
    I take the liberty of assuming that the last reasoning for your claim is also the current one:

    Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    How is 5 a very INTJ Ennea-type? Type 5s' thoughts are very non-linear, and INTJs don't seem to suit the non-linear thinking process. Type 5 ideally fits for INTP -- not INTJ. 5s learn for the sake of learning. If you two could explain why it seems highly plusible (plusible, not possible. I acknowledge it could be possible), then that would be a different story.
    According to theory, which you may or may not believe in, the INTJ's dominant cognitive function is Ni. Ni is not at all rational in the sense of 'logically sound'. What you see INTJs do and what you probably think they are doing only is use Te. You do not get to see Ni because it is private; you see Ni-ideas filtered and presented through Te. The commonplace that INTJs seem to (believe to) know everything is partly a result of good guessing, but also a result of an actual desire to know.

    Then there is evidence:

    http://www.breakoutofthebox.com/flauttrichards.htm
    http://personalitycafe.com/articles/...cafe-data.html
    http://www.9types.com/wwwboard/messages/6231.html

  5. #25
    Junior Member Assailant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    XYZ
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    How so? Stephen Hawking, Stanley Kubrick, Bobby Fischer and Isaac Newton were INTJ Fives...
    Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    So you've claimed before, but you're wrong. 5 is one of the most common enneagram types among INTJ's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I take the liberty of assuming that the last reasoning for your claim is also the current one:


    According to theory, which you may or may not believe in, the INTJ's dominant cognitive function is Ni. Ni is not at all rational in the sense of 'logically sound'. What you see INTJs do and what you probably think they are doing only is use Te. You do not get to see Ni because it is private; you see Ni-ideas filtered and presented through Te. The commonplace that INTJs seem to (believe to) know everything is partly a result of good guessing, but also a result of an actual desire to know.

    Then there is evidence:

    http://www.breakoutofthebox.com/flauttrichards.htm
    http://personalitycafe.com/articles/...cafe-data.html
    http://www.9types.com/wwwboard/messages/6231.html
    If you are all correlating Enneagram & MBTI, that would be a different case. I, however, am correlating JCF with Enneagram. I'd say that Type 5 and Introverted Thinking/Extraverted Thinking would be a more plausible (highly plausible at that) match than Introverted Intution/Extraverted Thinking and Type 5.
    I also acknowledge that Introverted Intution is not a rational function. INTJs usually stress practicality and results due to the nature of Extraverted Thinking function. Type Five doesn't care much about practicality and results. To a 5, everything is interesting and knowledge must be fed into them to avoid the emptiness they have inside.

  6. #26
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    If you are all correlating Enneagram & MBTI, that would be a different case. I, however, am correlating JCF with Enneagram. I'd say that Type 5 and Introverted Thinking/Extraverted Thinking would be a more plausible (highly plausible at that) match than Introverted Intution/Extraverted Thinking and Type 5.
    I also acknowledge that Introverted Intution is not a rational function. INTJs usually stress practicality and results due to the nature of Extraverted Thinking function. Type Five doesn't care much about practicality and results. To a 5, everything is interesting and knowledge must be fed into them to avoid the emptiness they have inside.
    Uh yes they do and especially with healthy integration towards 8 they start implementing ideas into something concrete.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    If you are all correlating Enneagram & MBTI, that would be a different case. I, however, am correlating JCF with Enneagram. I'd say that Type 5 and Introverted Thinking/Extraverted Thinking would be a more plausible (highly plausible at that) match than Introverted Intution/Extraverted Thinking and Type 5.
    I also acknowledge that Introverted Intution is not a rational function. INTJs usually stress practicality and results due to the nature of Extraverted Thinking function. Type Five doesn't care much about practicality and results. To a 5, everything is interesting and knowledge must be fed into them to avoid the emptiness they have inside.
    And with these words you invalidated all the evidence?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    If you are all correlating Enneagram & MBTI, that would be a different case. I, however, am correlating JCF with Enneagram. I'd say that Type 5 and Introverted Thinking/Extraverted Thinking would be a more plausible (highly plausible at that) match than Introverted Intution/Extraverted Thinking and Type 5.
    I also acknowledge that Introverted Intution is not a rational function. INTJs usually stress practicality and results due to the nature of Extraverted Thinking function. Type Five doesn't care much about practicality and results. To a 5, everything is interesting and knowledge must be fed into them to avoid the emptiness they have inside.
    Well, I'm not "correlating" things per se, it's just that I've seen some "matches" more often than others. I do not, therefore, correlate Enneagram and JCF. I've seen INFJs, INTJs and INFPs in this forum who self-typed as Fives, and I have no problem with that.

    Furthermore, Ni itself is not concerned specifically with results - it can easily "overpower" Te and make INTJs delve deep into their own worlds. Kubrick, for instance. Plus, 5w6s do worry more about results, due to their wing, which gives them a more practical bent (computer science or forensics > semiotics or filmmaking).

  9. #29
    Senior Member amerellis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/9
    Socionics
    ???
    Posts
    464

    Default

    I think you are an INFJ.

Similar Threads

  1. INTJ or INFJ?
    By Torai in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 05:04 PM
  2. ....I'm sorry I have to do this....INTJ or INFJ?
    By Serge in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 11:17 PM
  3. INTJ or INFJ?
    By hermeticdancer in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 02:40 PM
  4. INTJ or INFJ
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 09:22 PM
  5. Not me this time : INTJ or INFJ
    By Thursday in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 03:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO