• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ or INFJ

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Emotions do not equal introverted feeling. Introverted feeling is where it draws your morals from an internal, subjective source. Also, ahriman, don't follow the misconception that INTJs are emotionless robots.

If you're an INTJ, it's most likely you aren't a 5.
If you're a 5, it's most likely you aren't an INTJ. INTJ & 5 together conflicts.

How so? :huh: Stephen Hawking, Stanley Kubrick, Bobby Fischer and Isaac Newton were INTJ Fives...

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Emotions do not equal introverted feeling. Introverted feeling is where it draws your morals from an internal, subjective source. Also, ahriman, don't follow the misconception that INTJs are emotionless robots.

If you're an INTJ, it's most likely you aren't a 5.
If you're a 5, it's most likely you aren't an INTJ. INTJ & 5 together conflicts.
So you've claimed before, but you're wrong. 5 is one of the most common enneagram types among INTJ's.

Nicodemus

Please explain how Type 5 and INTJ can be coherent. However, thank you for agreeing with me on my point of INTJs = emotionless robot.
I take the liberty of assuming that the last reasoning for your claim is also the current one:

How is 5 a very INTJ Ennea-type? Type 5s' thoughts are very non-linear, and INTJs don't seem to suit the non-linear thinking process. Type 5 ideally fits for INTP -- not INTJ. 5s learn for the sake of learning. If you two could explain why it seems highly plusible (plusible, not possible. I acknowledge it could be possible), then that would be a different story.
According to theory, which you may or may not believe in, the INTJ's dominant cognitive function is Ni. Ni is not at all rational in the sense of 'logically sound'. What you see INTJs do and what you probably think they are doing only is use Te. You do not get to see Ni because it is private; you see Ni-ideas filtered and presented through Te. The commonplace that INTJs seem to (believe to) know everything is partly a result of good guessing, but also a result of an actual desire to know.

Then there is evidence:

http://www.breakoutofthebox.com/flauttrichards.htm
http://personalitycafe.com/articles...rrelation-according-personalitycafe-data.html
http://www.9types.com/wwwboard/messages/6231.html

Assailant

MBTI Type
XYZ
How so? :huh: Stephen Hawking, Stanley Kubrick, Bobby Fischer and Isaac Newton were INTJ Fives...

So you've claimed before, but you're wrong. 5 is one of the most common enneagram types among INTJ's.

I take the liberty of assuming that the last reasoning for your claim is also the current one:

According to theory, which you may or may not believe in, the INTJ's dominant cognitive function is Ni. Ni is not at all rational in the sense of 'logically sound'. What you see INTJs do and what you probably think they are doing only is use Te. You do not get to see Ni because it is private; you see Ni-ideas filtered and presented through Te. The commonplace that INTJs seem to (believe to) know everything is partly a result of good guessing, but also a result of an actual desire to know.

Then there is evidence:

http://www.breakoutofthebox.com/flauttrichards.htm
http://personalitycafe.com/articles...rrelation-according-personalitycafe-data.html
http://www.9types.com/wwwboard/messages/6231.html

If you are all correlating Enneagram & MBTI, that would be a different case. I, however, am correlating JCF with Enneagram. I'd say that Type 5 and Introverted Thinking/Extraverted Thinking would be a more plausible (highly plausible at that) match than Introverted Intution/Extraverted Thinking and Type 5.
I also acknowledge that Introverted Intution is not a rational function. INTJs usually stress practicality and results due to the nature of Extraverted Thinking function. Type Five doesn't care much about practicality and results. To a 5, everything is interesting and knowledge must be fed into them to avoid the emptiness they have inside.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you are all correlating Enneagram & MBTI, that would be a different case. I, however, am correlating JCF with Enneagram. I'd say that Type 5 and Introverted Thinking/Extraverted Thinking would be a more plausible (highly plausible at that) match than Introverted Intution/Extraverted Thinking and Type 5.
I also acknowledge that Introverted Intution is not a rational function. INTJs usually stress practicality and results due to the nature of Extraverted Thinking function. Type Five doesn't care much about practicality and results. To a 5, everything is interesting and knowledge must be fed into them to avoid the emptiness they have inside.
Uh yes they do and especially with healthy integration towards 8 they start implementing ideas into something concrete.

Nicodemus

And with these words you invalidated all the evidence?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

Well, I'm not "correlating" things per se, it's just that I've seen some "matches" more often than others. I do not, therefore, correlate Enneagram and JCF. I've seen INFJs, INTJs and INFPs in this forum who self-typed as Fives, and I have no problem with that. :shrug: :smile:

Furthermore, Ni itself is not concerned specifically with results - it can easily "overpower" Te and make INTJs delve deep into their own worlds. Kubrick, for instance. Plus, 5w6s do worry more about results, due to their wing, which gives them a more practical bent (computer science or forensics > semiotics or filmmaking). :yes: