User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: INTJ or INFJ

  1. #11
    Member ahriman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    By that, you could also be INTP.
    I feel as though I keep going between INTP and INTJ. E.g from what I gather, the INTJ builds a system/thought/process and executes it whereas the INTP builds a system/thought/process and keeps perfecting it. I seem to do a bit of both depending on what it is I'm doing or thinking about. I'm still concerned about the ultimate outcome of my thought processes but there are times when my thoughts don't necessarily have to lead to a particular outcome. I.e thinking for the sake of thinking without a result or feedback.

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    K...now here's part of Jung, it describes the types.

    You can scroll down here too Introverted Thinking Type and Introverted Intuitive Type first of all to determine if you're INTP and INTJ because functionally they're nothing alike.

    http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

  3. #13
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Nothing in the opening post contradicts INTJ. This thread could have ended with a total of two posts.

  4. #14
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Nothing in the opening post contradicts INTJ. This thread could have ended with a total of two posts.
    Yeah, that's true.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  5. #15
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    i'd work on enneagram type and let that help you narrow down your possibilities. infj 1s and 5s can seem particularly T. lotta walls to climb to get in or out. also consider instinctual subtype, as that kind of helps narrow down too. for instance, an sp type will usually be way more practical than an sx type, which is more impulsive and sense of time is much more urgent and exaggerated toward the immediate. an sx type will usually be more forceful and controlling, which can make them seem heartless compared to the aloofness of an sp. so types are more obvious but they will be a little more chameleony depending on their group.

    for intj and infj, the rules of conscientiousness, how you reason what others should do, can be helpful to consider in order to grasp the differences. as far as a preference for personal control, intjs will usually want fair competition whereas infjs will prefer a bit higher level of cooperation and teamwork.

  6. #16
    Member ahriman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i'd work on enneagram type and let that help you narrow down your possibilities. infj 1s and 5s can seem particularly T. lotta walls to climb to get in or out. also consider instinctual subtype, as that kind of helps narrow down too. for instance, an sp type will usually be way more practical than an sx type, which is more impulsive and sense of time is much more urgent and exaggerated toward the immediate. an sx type will usually be more forceful and controlling, which can make them seem heartless compared to the aloofness of an sp. so types are more obvious but they will be a little more chameleony depending on their group.

    for intj and infj, the rules of conscientiousness, how you reason what others should do, can be helpful to consider in order to grasp the differences. as far as a preference for personal control, intjs will usually want fair competition whereas infjs will prefer a bit higher level of cooperation and teamwork.
    Ok So I did this test and it concludes I'm a type 5 (investigator) with 4wing (individualist) 5sx-4so.

    I also did an MBTI test which showed the percentage difference between my Judging and perceiving. 53%-47% respectively. So that would probably explain my confusion between INTP and INTJ. I'm concluding with: INTJ.

    Cheers

  7. #17
    Member ahriman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Nothing in the opening post contradicts INTJ. This thread could have ended with a total of two posts.
    Spoken like a true INTJ

  8. #18
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    FWIW, you sound quite a bit like an INTJ with strong tertiary Fi; the tertiary is a "relief" function, so it can be more visible when you "let your hair down", I suppose.

    Just my 2¢.

  9. #19
    Junior Member Assailant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    XYZ
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahriman View Post
    Hi I'm new to this board so I thought I'd start off with an important question for myself. Iv'e done numerous tests to determine my MBTI personality type and it always comes up with INTJ. 90% of the characteristics I read apply to me however there are a few which seem at odds with my personality.

    1. INTJ's are supposed to be emotionless or at least display far less emotion than other types. Although on the outside I'm emotionless particularly in public settings, in private or with someone I trust (e.g my girlfriend) I can be quite emotional particularly when my plans or ideas don't come to fruition. The most common feeling being anger and despair because something didn't go my way. Yet once I have confided in that person or reflected on events I bounce back with confidence. When I have a strong opinion on something and someone disagrees with me I initially tend to get angry although I only show a small measure of my anger in public.

    2. INTJ's are not supposed to be touchy feely. This is very true for 99% of the people I'm around. The one exception are the people I'm in intimate relationships with. I'm very touchy feely with my girlfriend but only when I know I can trust her in openly showing emotion.

    Any thought's on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    That emotional stuff could be your tertiary Fi

    And, no, INTJs are far from 'emotionless', even when they might appear to be so on the surface. They're actually 'gooey on the inside'
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    FWIW, you sound quite a bit like an INTJ with strong tertiary Fi; the tertiary is a "relief" function, so it can be more visible when you "let your hair down", I suppose.

    Just my 2¢.
    Emotions do not equal introverted feeling. Introverted feeling is where it draws your morals from an internal, subjective source. Also, ahriman, don't follow the misconception that INTJs are emotionless robots.

    If you're an INTJ, it's most likely you aren't a 5.
    If you're a 5, it's most likely you aren't an INTJ. INTJ & 5 together conflicts.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    Also, ahriman, don't follow the misconception that INTJs are emotionless robots.
    Here is another misconception you need not follow:

    Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    If you're an INTJ, it's most likely you aren't a 5.
    If you're a 5, it's most likely you aren't an INTJ. INTJ & 5 together conflicts.

Similar Threads

  1. INTJ or INFJ?
    By Torai in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 05:04 PM
  2. ....I'm sorry I have to do this....INTJ or INFJ?
    By Serge in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 11:17 PM
  3. INTJ or INFJ?
    By hermeticdancer in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 02:40 PM
  4. INTJ or INFJ
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 09:22 PM
  5. Not me this time : INTJ or INFJ
    By Thursday in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 03:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO