User Tag List

First 234

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What about more relatable examples or analogies of sx? The ones that are described here are rather.... eh? It makes us sound rather "intense" and fiery, whatever that is.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Hell no. Relying on other people goes against my nature 100%, my aim is self sufficiency and reliance on no one, I am the one who will protect my safety. I am island!!
    It's not against your nature. You seek self-sufficiency because you want to be independant, but if you failed at this, you would automatically rely on those who nurish and sustain you.

[quote]sp is absolutely about the self and looking at all aspect of ones' own health/self - physical, emotional, spiritual, what have you; particular focus would probably be dependent on ennegram in combo with mbti.

Again, Self-pres are not the only to care about the self. So and Sx ae too, the difference is that Sp seek to sustain the self toward comfort and safety while So seek to sustain it tward a larger social sphere and Sx toward intensity and intimacy. Self-pres want to preserve the self, non self-pres care about the self too but not too "preserve" it.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENFP

[QUOTE=Speed Gavroche;1588587]It's not against your nature. You seek self-sufficiency because you want to be independant, but if you failed at this, you would automatically rely on those who nurish and sustain you.

sp is absolutely about the self and looking at all aspect of ones' own health/self - physical, emotional, spiritual, what have you; particular focus would probably be dependent on ennegram in combo with mbti.

Again, Self-pres are not the only to care about the self. So and Sx ae too, the difference is that Sp seek to sustain the self toward comfort and safety while So seek to sustain it tward a larger social sphere and Sx toward intensity and intimacy. Self-pres want to preserve the self, non self-pres care about the self too but not too "preserve" it.
    I think what makes this difficult is that we can all tap into each instinct given a certain scenario. And if you're presented with a lot of different situations then :\ Like me I'm very confused. Unless that's just me.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I think what makes this difficult is that we can all tap into each instinct given a certain scenario. And if you're presented with a lot of different situations then :\ Like me I'm very confused. Unless that's just me.
    Yeah, but just because everybody taps into each core type's defense mechanism given different situations does not mean that you don't have one core fixation.

I want to take care of myself as a self-pres last, but why? Because if I'm healthier for longer, I'll be youthful longer (SX) and be able to contribute my abilities to society for longer (SO). Self-pres takes care of itself in order to live comfortably. I take care of myself for other people, whether to stay with a significant other longer, to maintain my brain's condition so that I'll never have Alzheimer's or have to forget what would otherwise be my passion, or to stick around and watch my kids and their kids and their kids grow, or from a broader perspective of making a mark before I die.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I take care of myself because I want to be healthy on all levels (personal value?), because I want to live as long and as enriching a life as possible (I want to stay mentally agile and physically capable of hiking and such into my older decades, ideally), and because I know that when I'm not healthy, I make poorer decisions and also am not in a good position to have healthy relationships with other people. If I'm unhealthy, I get myself into unhealthy relationship dynamics AND I don't have the sorts of relationships that I want, nor that those other people would deserve. Makes for a bad recipe.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENFP

I take care of myself externally so I don't look disgusting LOLOLOL, but that probably applies to everyone. SP would seem last for me since I don't focus on it too much unless greatly disturbed--"There's not enough for me! I'm vulnerable!" Usually I focus on SX or SO things like certain individuals or individuals that affect a group... Strange, I feel like they equally affect the other.
    I also should take into account whether I'm single or not. If I'm taken then my focus is solely on my significant other.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I also should take into account whether I'm single or not. If I'm taken then my focus is solely on my significant other.
    See, that's the thing. Regardless of whether I'm "officially" in a relationship, I always have one main person that I focus on and want to talk to all day. I mean, you know know that from our private conversations ("I've known him for all of 3 days." "3 DAYS?!?! I would've thought 3 years!"), that I can't imagine not having someone to whom I'm bonded that way, no matter how short-lived or recently forged it was.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    See, that's the thing. Regardless of whether I'm "officially" in a relationship, I always have one main person that I focus on and want to talk to all day. I mean, you know know that from our private conversations ("I've known him for all of 3 days." "3 DAYS?!?! I would've thought 3 years!"), that I can't imagine not having someone to whom I'm bonded that way, no matter how short-lived or recently forged it was.
    Looking back on my single life... I think I would bug my best friend over my frustrations with a guy I liked, and I'd usually hang out with the same two people.
    — Dr. Seuss

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    It's not against your nature. You seek self-sufficiency because you want to be independant, but if you failed at this, you would automatically rely on those who nurish and sustain you.
    Thank you for telling me who I am, clearly you know me better than I know myself.

Ps, you're wrong.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Sometimes people need other to realize how they truly are.

Kind of annoying all theses self-pres who always say "no no no, Sp is not about security it's only about the SELF" like "damn, horror, no I'm not an SJ!!!!".

Let me say the every stacks care about the self.

Sp want to preserve the self toward safety and security.
    So want to extend the self belonging and empowering toward a larger entity.
    Sx want to complete the self toward intimacy and intensity.

That's all.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan