Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    No, if you are helthy, your dominant instinct is even more obvious because you can give more energy to this.
    yes, but doesn't being healthy and wealthy also give you more recources to devote to priorities 2 and 3?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I'd say that they confound their Sp with 4, 5 and 9, or that they are more concerned with security than they think they are.
    Fair enough, and especially to the last point, that's probably true.

We could also wonder who decide that 2+2=4, but that would be as pointless.
    It's not really the same thing. The nature of typing is pretty subjective to begin with - my point being that many 'experts' disagree on what constitutes what type, and it's also observable in every single Typing thread on this forum - one person asserting definitively that so and so is one certain type, another person asserting equally definitively that they are another type. I was simply curious who decided all of those celebrities were in fact those types.

But thanks very much for the additional information and 5w4 examples!! That's very helpful and I appreciate it. I'll have to think about those various examples a bit more.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Through various sp threads on this site, sp's DO tend to identify with the OP's definitions of sp - as concerned with self and ALL self-needs/balance, extending beyond simply material things.
    Precisely. For instance, in the case of a 5, there would probably be a protective attitude toward maintaining that intellectual "home-base", since it's so bound to the individual's primary circuit - the head. Hording knowledge by rote memorization might be an inclination, or, conversely, rejecting information to preserve the integrity of the 5's worldview. I don't like how sp always holds a connotation of material wealth, as immaterial matters, even in the spiritual, philosophical, and abstract sense contribute to one's personal health. I can personally attest to feeling satisfied, as if I just gorged myself with lamb chops, after reading a good book. Without learning, I may grow to feel vacant.

Ginkgo

I think I'm a sx/sp, just unwilling to admit to it because I see it in a negative light.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I don't like how sp always holds a connotation of material wealth, as immaterial matters, even in the spiritual, philosophical, and abstract sense contribute to one's personal health.
    Precisely, to be concerned with immaterial things for personal health is a typycal self-pres thing, Sx are concerned with the emmaterial to feel intense.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    That's not a very good survival attitude. You'd be creamed in the hood! Someone would be out to knock ya' one down there!
    yo shit i got 3 rules fo yo in the hood. if yo readin' this, im either ded, or on the inside

ONE: run faster
    TWO: Dont trip
    THREE: dont look back

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

yo shit i got 3 rules fo yo in the hood. if yo readin' this, im either ded, or on the inside

ONE: run faster
    TWO: Dont trip
    THREE: dont look back
    I'm an SP/SX of COURSE I know the rules of "The Hood" already. Don't have to tell me twice!! :rolli:
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Ginkgo

Precisely, to be concerned with immaterial things for personal health is a typycal self-pres thing, Sx are concerned with the emmaterial to feel intense.
    Health is directly related to self preservation.

EDIT: nevermind. Sorry I didn't read your post thoroughly because my ADD festered brain was too fixated on your crappy English.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Well yes, this is part of my whole point. That sp does not equate to only material things - it's the whole self. So to your original point, where you say misconception of Sp is that Sp is NOT about the self, it is instead about safety, that's really not true. Sure, it's a part of it, but sp is absolutely about the self and looking at all aspect of ones' own health/self - physical, emotional, spiritual, what have you; particular focus would probably be dependent on ennegram in combo with mbti.

If you're in agreement that sp is not just focusing on material things, then that's cool and I am in agreement as well. It's just that your various posts about sp in this thread and others really don't say this - you initially focus on pretty much only the material and safety aspects, and your initial examples tend to be people who are only focused on these material things, and very material 'successes'.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Health is directly related to self preservation.
    I think that's true, I'm sp aux and I think this is where my strong interest in health-related things and my cautious streak come from. I look at people cock-eyed when they say things like they forgot to bring lunch or some basic necessity like that.

But since I'm sx dom instead of sp I think I reveal myself psychologically and emotionally a lot more, and put myself way out there.

I can see a difference between myself and an sp dom, they seem more guarded and sometimes things like health and safety take priority to them above all things, to the point where it would bore me if I were like that.