Hey Type C, another one of those threads! I did ask about my type way back around the start of this year, but I’m still quite unsure. Would be really grateful if you guys could give me some pointers – I’ve filled out Limit’s questionnaire below though I'm not entirely sure it gets at the real me ... my answers are probably a little confusing / disorganised as I was kinda interpreting what the question was trying to get at, at times
1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?
I’m understanding / caring; the opposite would be (something along the lines of) self-absorbed / selfish, or just uncaring
I’m open / genuine; the opposite would be private / secretive / dishonest
I’m adventurous; the opposite would be unadventurous
I’m flakey / indecisive; the opposite would be decisive / headstrong
I’m open-minded; the opposite would be close-minded
2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.
I can be uncaring towards people who treat others badly. Being uncaring could be good because I would be less likely to be taken advantage of.
I can be dishonest about my opinions if I don’t want to offend people. Being private could be good because it would make more independent (I think)
Being unadventurous could be good because I could focus my efforts on a particular task
I can be decisive about my values. Being decisive would be good because I’d waste a lot less time!
I can be close-minded when I make jokes with my friends. Being close-minded might be good because I’d be more sure of my opinions
3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?
To be happy and be the best you can be.
4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?
Be yourself, don’t be afraid to dream and don’t be afraid of new things.
5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?
Quit university, go travelling, spend more time with my family and friends, interrail around Europe, go snorkelling with turtles, canoe across the amazon, do some volunteer work in Africa / Borneo
6. Why aren't you doing this now?
I’ve committed too much to uni, and it’s a pretty good long-term investment.
Planning on interrailing around Europe after uni, ditto snorkelling with turtles.
Rubbish at canoeing :P
I live far away from some of my family and I don’t loads of free time
Already doing some volunteer work in Africa in a few weeks
7. What do you really want in your truest self?
Eh, this is really deep, yo!! Not really sure I have an answer ... I guess I’d want to be absolutely happy with who I am primarily. But I’d also really like to be someone who makes a difference to society – someone who inspires others to believe in themselves and achieve more. At the same time I’d like to be someone relatable who you can just chillax with
8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?
Hope this doesn’t come across the wrong way, but I’ve settled for pretty average grades at uni. I know I could do better, but I guess I’m a bit afraid that if I try harder I’ll loose myself and my principles.
9. What are your defense mechanisms?
I’ve been told I seem a bit lost, and drained when I’m stressed. I guess I retreat a little and think a lot about the situation – if I should go ahead with it, how it impacts others etc. If ever I’m stressed I quite like to take a hot shower If it’s something work-related, I’ll just get on with it and try block out everything else.
10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?
Hmm, off the top of my head: Independence, open-mindedness, empathy, ambition, and a sense of perspective.
11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?
Pretty open, I’m a bit random / spontaneous / ditzy because I think faster than I can talk so I say some very silly things. I think I’m pretty happy and laid-back – I’ve been told I have a calming effect on others. I’m usually the one being teased, or teasing, not in a horrible way at all though, s’all good!
I’m guessing this question is really about how you behave around friends / family, and I’d say being around them makes me happy and hopefully makes them happy
12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?
Blood and oxygen
More seriously: the need to feel like I’m doing right, like I’m doing something positive, like I should be the best person I can be.
13. What condition is your heart in right now?
It’s weird talking as if the heart is a separate entity, but: pretty happy with where I am. Feel like I’m getting to where I want to be, but have a long way to go yet
14. What does your head say it needs and wants?
To be intellectually stimulated, to be in a good position when I graduate next year, to be better at my course. My head wants to understand everything and anything, I guess to be a bit of a know it all
15. What condition is your mind in right now?
Tired, university work is hard!
16. What does your body say it needs and wants?
To take up a sport again
17. What is the condition of your body right now?
Quite good, I go to the gym quite often, though I could do more cardio...
18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?
Heart, always. I can go with my head but I’ll always have that niggling feeling “what if”. If I go with my heart at least I’ll stayed true to myself
19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?
Body – it’s more primitive than the others, leads me to do rash things
20. What is your predominant fault?
I’m too indecisive / fickle to stick at something
21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?
Felt really happy and grateful for being where I am/was and just wanted to share it with everyone. Like the world was at peace and everywhere was a big bubble of happiness.
22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?
I felt less responsive to others and more concerned about w/e it was that I was anxious about. Felt like the world could be a pretty difficult place at times and just wanted to be anywhere else, in anyone’s shoes
23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.
Not sure I’ve felt like that before tbh ... I think my desire to be liked can get the better of me, but I do my best to keep it in check
24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?
I try my best not to disappoint others because I want to be on good terms with everyone
Left out the other last Qs because the quiz was getting a little overdrawn :eek: but I don't think they would have made a massive difference anyway