• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My answers to Limit's questionnaire

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Okay, here's my reasoning for being reluctant to consider type Two. One of the reasons I identify with several types is because I fall into their various "traps": the isolation/avarice of the Five, the paralyzing self-criticism of the One, the "What if?"s of the Six, the avoidance of the Nine. However, while I pine for love sometimes, I never quite fall into the "You never do anything for me... Here, have some cookies!" trap of the Two - I don't give that easily, sometimes I'm pretty oblivious to others when I'm in a funk, despite refraining from complaining or being too snarky. What do you think?

Also, a friend of mine suggested I might be so/sx or sx/so... Does anyone see me as sp-dom?

You're welcome :) 6's can easily be quiet, shy, and 'the smart kid' in school; what seperates them from 5 is where they derive their sense of strength; 5's look inward to themselves for autonomy, valuing knowledge and self efficiency to become more adept in the world; 6's look outward for a group, system, or any other social body or construct that can offer them both security and trust.

Hmmm. That's kind of a pickle... While I often don't have a lot of confidence in my own opinions, I have a degree of "Not so fast!"-ness when people try to pressure me into doing things.

For example, there was this party I went to when I was about thirteen, I think... My mother had promised me no one would force me to dance before dropping me off, but, as soon as I got into the room, the DJ announced someone had arrived and the guests tried to literally drag me to the dance floor. I resisted and fled their clutches. End result: I spent the whole night in a lonely corner, staring outside the window, until it was time to go home. :frown:

Bottom line: I can be a bit doormattish at times, but I'm not always passive. You bite me too hard, I can bite back. Or at least plant a bear trap in your pillow. :devil: ...Or, most likely, just sulk and feel bitter. :(

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, here's my reasoning for being reluctant to consider type Two. One of the reasons I identify with several types is because I fall into their various "traps": the isolation/avarice of the Five, the paralyzing self-criticism of the One, the "What if?"s of the Six, the avoidance of the Nine. However, while I pine for love sometimes, I never quite fall into the "You never do anything for me... Here, have some cookies!" trap of the Two - I don't give that easily, sometimes I'm pretty oblivious to others when I'm in a funk, despite refraining from complaining or being too snarky. What do you think?

Strange, it seems as though if two is an exception to being prone to its weaknessess, that it might mean something; that you may indeed be 2 because you don't experince its weaknessess. Well, that's just an idea really; it could be that you really aren't core 2, merely that it's somewhere else within your tri-type.

Also, a friend of mine suggested I might be so/sx or sx/so... Does anyone see me as sp-dom?

From what I can tell, you've never seemed like the self-preserving/self-serving type of person to me. How important are things like person security, comfort, and safety to you, compared to close relationships and larger groups of people? Do you prefer solitude? Are you sometimes a selfish prick? If not, then Sp-dom would not be too likely.

Hmmm. That's kind of a pickle... While I often don't have a lot of confidence in my own opinions, I have a degree of "Not so fast!"-ness when people try to pressure me into doing things.

For example, there was this party I went to when I was about thirteen, I think... My mother had promised me no one would force me to dance before dropping me off, but, as soon as I got into the room, the DJ announced someone had arrived and the guests tried to literally drag me to the dance floor. I resisted and fled their clutches. End result: I spent the whole night in a lonely corner, staring outside the window, until it was time to go home. :frown:

Bottom line: I can be a bit doormattish at times, but I'm not always passive. You bite me too hard, I can bite back. Or at least plant a bear trap in your pillow. :devil: ...Or, most likely, just sulk and feel bitter. :(

First off, :hug: I'm sorry you had such a bad experince at that dance :(

Secondly, 6's aren't neccessarily the kind of people who submit their will to anyone for security; they possess that duality of skepticism and loyalty, but towards different entities. I for one, can't stand the authority or power of most other people or things over me, yet I still yearn for something that I can place trust in so that I may be granted security. But when authority of any sort attempts to directly influence me in any way, although I may be reluctant to be forced by this authority, rarely do I properly stand up to it and fully resist it. This is why, I for example, feel so nervous around things that I am certain are a danger to me, because I'm unsure if I can deal with such dangers, thus I desire safety from them.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're so-dom. Very compliant, not aggressive, not assertive, a bit withdrawing; so/sp?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Strange, it seems as though if two is an exception to being prone to its weaknessess, that it might mean something; that you may indeed be 2 because you don't experince its weaknessess. Well, that's just an idea really; it could be that you really aren't core 2, merely that it's somewhere else within your tri-type.

That seems kinda counter-intuitive, though - don't most people here describe falling into the "traps" of their types? Two as being in my tritype sounds pretty legit, though - 4w5 would be my next guess for Heart Center.

From what I can tell, you've never seemed like the self-preserving/self-serving type of person to me. How important are things like person security, comfort, and safety to you, compared to close relationships and larger groups of people? Do you prefer solitude? Are you sometimes a selfish prick? If not, then Sp-dom would not be too likely.

I dunno, that seems like a pejorative view of sp-doms, like those descriptions that describe Fi as being "ME ME ME ME ME!!!"... Isn't Amélie Poulain a sp/sx? And doesn't she struggle with fixing her own life rather than everybody else's? :thinking:

To answer your question, though, I care quite a bit about comfort and fear losing my "den" and its components (read: room, books). I can be pretty solitary, though I was slighly less so back when I was a youngster and had RL friends.

First off, :hug: I'm sorry you had such a bad experince at that dance :(

Thanks... It was not exactly a fun experience. :hug:

Secondly, 6's aren't neccessarily the kind of people who submit their will to anyone for security; they possess that duality of skepticism and loyalty, but towards different entities. I for one, can't stand the authority or power of most other people or things over me, yet I still yearn for something that I can place trust in so that I may be granted security. But when authority of any sort attempts to directly influence me in any way, although I may be reluctant to be forced by this authority, rarely do I properly stand up to it and fully resist it. This is why, I for example, feel so nervous around things that I am certain are a danger to me, because I'm unsure if I can deal with such dangers, thus I desire safety from them.

Thing is, Six descriptions seem to paint their phobia/counterphobia as being rather extreme and reactive, which makes them seem kind of histrionic and volatile... Then again, those are the descriptions that include Richard Nixon and Jerry Falwell in their examples. Sixes get a bad rap. :doh:

I think you're so-dom. Very compliant, not aggressive, not assertive, a bit withdrawing; so/sp?

Thanks for the input! It feels kinda weird to think of myself as a so-dom, though... I'm not exactly a social butterfly, nor am I exactly attuned to what happens in that sphere. :blush:

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's more of a concern to extend the self to the group than being social. Belonging is important and they often identify strongly with their chosen group. But I still see you as too compliant to have any sx in your stacking. so/sp or sp/so is my best guess.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That seems kinda counter-intuitive, though - don't most people here describe falling into the "traps" of their types? Two as being in my tritype sounds pretty legit, though - 4w5 would be my next guess for Heart Center.

I think it would be fallacious though to assume that one must fall into the traps of a type to be it; this would probably warrant more reliable evidence though, as I'm not too sure myself about this problem.

I dunno, that seems like a pejorative view of sp-doms, like those descriptions that describe Fi as being "ME ME ME ME ME!!!"... Isn't Amélie Poulain a sp/sx? And doesn't she struggle with fixing her own life rather than everybody else's? :thinking:

Ok, perhaps my description/perspective of SP was a little off :blush:

To answer your question, though, I care quite a bit about comfort and fear losing my "den" and its components (read: room, books). I can be pretty solitary, though I was slighly less so back when I was a youngster and had RL friends.

Seems like SP to a certain degree to me.

Thing is, Six descriptions seem to paint their phobia/counterphobia as being rather extreme and reactive, which makes them seem kind of histrionic and volatile... Then again, those are the descriptions that include Richard Nixon and Jerry Falwell in their examples. Sixes get a bad rap. :doh:

Ignore those descriptions, this one works much better: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/descript.asp

Thanks for the input! It feels kinda weird to think of myself as a so-dom, though... I'm not exactly a social butterfly, nor am I exactly attuned to what happens in that sphere. :blush:

Well, as Unsung mentioned, it's more of a concern to extend the self to the group than being social; thus one can be a shy loner yet be SO dom, if they feel unity to larger groups and adhere to group ethics/norms.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it would be fallacious though to assume that one must fall into the traps of a type to be it; this would probably warrant more reliable evidence though, as I'm not too sure myself about this problem.

How could anyone not fall into the traps, we've all been around for years, grown up, and learned so much. You can only learn so much by making mistakes. Maybe I don't know what you mean by traps though...

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

Given that I am a quite unhealthy specimen, I think I'd fall into the traps... :thinking:

Ignore those descriptions, this one works much better: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/descript.asp

Thank yo! :smile:

Well, as Unsung mentioned, it's more of a concern to extend the self to the group than being social; thus one can be a shy loner yet be SO dom, if they feel unity to larger groups and adhere to group ethics/norms.

Hmmm... That makes sense, but I have to say, I don't quite identify with larger groups that much - political parties, schools, "gangs", fandoms, et cetera. Not that I'm particularly unfriendly or a "speshul snowflake", I'm just kind of alienated in that aspect... I do wish I could find a niche somewhere someday, though. :yes:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How could anyone not fall into the traps, we've all been around for years, grown up, and learned so much. You can only learn so much by making mistakes. Maybe I don't know what you mean by traps though...

By traps, I meant the pitfalls and wekanesses associated with the various types; 1's are too perfectionist/critical, 2's are clingy and obsessing, etc; but my knowledge of this particular subject isn't all that great.

Given that I am a quite unhealthy specimen, I think I'd fall into the traps... :thinking:

Perhaps, although you never seemed that unhealthy to me.

Thank yo! :smile:

You're welcome :) So which description did you relate to the most?

Hmmm... That makes sense, but I have to say, I don't quite identify with larger groups that much - political parties, schools, "gangs", fandoms, et cetera. Not that I'm particularly unfriendly or a "speshul snowflake", I'm just kind of alienated in that aspect... I do wish I could find a niche somewhere someday, though. :yes:

SP/SO, that would be my best bet. :yes:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
You're welcome :) So which description did you relate to the most?

Well, going by the site's descriptions, I relate the most to One, Five or maybe Six... I might be an atypical specimen of another type, though. :thinking:

SP/SO, that would be my best bet. :yes:

Hmmm. That would explain why I sound a bit robotic sometimes... I kinda feel like my skin is made of ice, and that any attempts at forging a bond with people are kind of jeopardized by a kind of frosty aura of mine that makes people uncomfortable... :(

(Am I making this thread too long? :unsure:)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, going by the site's descriptions, I relate the most to One, Five or maybe Six... I might be an atypical specimen of another type, though. :thinking:

Hmmm, maybe you're 1w2 rather than 9w1? Just a thought (in terms of tri-type though). So enneagram wise we know that you're (in no particular order): Gut: 1w2, 1w9, or 9w1, Head: 6w5, Heart: 2w1, or 4w5.

Hmmm. That would explain why I sound a bit robotic sometimes... I kinda feel like my skin is made of ice, and that any attempts at forging a bond with people are kind of jeopardized by a kind of frosty aura of mine that makes people uncomfortable... :(

(Am I making this thread too long? :unsure:)

Indeed. And no, you're thread isn't too long at all :)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I dunno about 1w2... I'm not a very good advice giver. When I think "1w2", I think of either a vocal activist or a relationship expert (a la Mary Worth)... I'm pretty much neither. :shrug:

I have more free time now, so, if you think you have more specific questions that may help disambiguate my type, please ask! :hug:

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The length of this thread suggests type 6(w5 so/sp).

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Your first mistake, taking Limits test, your second mistake talking about it.

You seem very So/Sp to me.

I have read nothing apart from the thread title.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Your first mistake, taking Limits test, your second mistake talking about it.

You seem very So/Sp to me.

I have read nothing apart from the thread title.

I actually tried to find a questionnaire that focused more on common behavior rather than motivations, as a complementary measure, but I was unsuccessful. :(

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I dunno - I can see the advantages and drawbacks of all of them... :shrug: