• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My answers to Limit's questionnaire

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I get your point, EJCC... I do think, however, that my stress style is not very Twoish... Whenever I feel stressed, I retreat further into my shell, like I can't take any more stimuli, I get stuck in loops of rationalization and become snippy, aloof and indirect.
:huh:

Well, that settles it. Changed my mind. 1w2. Under stress, ones start to act like fours, and that can look exactly as you described. I'm a 1w2, also, so I know how it is. :yes:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
:huh:

Well, that settles it. Changed my mind. 1w2. Under stress, ones start to act like fours, and that can look exactly as you described. I'm a 1w2, also, so I know how it is. :yes:

Hmmm... I get what you're getting at, but why w2 and not w9? Despite my politeness, I'm not that much of an interpersonal guy... ^_^'

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
On SimulatedWorld's profiles...

ISFJ
* I relate to not wanting to "dive in" without information, but not so much to the thoroughness (I'm a bit of a "skipper" in that sense); I can focus when I need to, though.
* I don't relate much to the "I know what's best for X" sentiment - I'm not exactly a natural caretaker.
* I had a few issues with the Across the Universe quote, which I can detail if you want.
* I also relate to the pursuit of independence (I hate making too many demands) and, paradoxically, to the fear of abandonment (though that's not an issue I dwell on that much).

INFJ
* I relate to wanting to seek an outsider's opinion on things, though I'm not a particularly good public speaker.
* The NiTi loop could explain why I used to describe myself as a bit of a misanthrope - I felt like I was speaking a different language from my peers.
* I relate to seeing situations from several angles (that's part of why I feel uncomfortable making decisions based on my personal feelings), though I'm not quite thorough.
* I admit Se has quite an allure - musicals, for instance. :yay:

INFP
* I don't really believe I have much to express like Fi-doms seem to - whenever I see someone who is amazingly creative, I feel a pang of envy (not that I have ill will for them, just that it seems like they're part of an elite I don't deserve to be in...).
* I value tolerance greatly, and I have few strong stances due to not wanting to reject people based on their opinions and to not believing I'm capable of defending logically my positions...
* I don't think I'm "exploratory" in the Pe way - I'm not the kind of person who jumps headfirst into just anything and abandons it a week later.
* I relate to tertiary Si's woes - I am afraid of rollescoasters since a bad experience as a wee tot and I get finicky with my food frequently ("I already know I don't like it." "Yeah, but you tasted it, like, two years ago, dammit!").

This was less garbled before the intertoobz nommed my first draft. :doh:

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On SimulatedWorld's profiles...

ISFJ
* I relate to not wanting to "dive in" without information, but not so much to the thoroughness (I'm a bit of a "skipper" in that sense); I can focus when I need to, though.
* I don't relate much to the "I know what's best for X" sentiment - I'm not exactly a natural caretaker.
* I had a few issues with the Across the Universe quote, which I can detail if you want.
* I also relate to the pursuit of independence (I hate making too many demands) and, paradoxically, to the fear of abandonment (though that's not an issue I dwell on that much).

INFJ
* I relate to wanting to seek an outsider's opinion on things, though I'm not a particularly good public speaker.
* The NiTi loop could explain why I used to describe myself as a bit of a misanthrope - I felt like I was speaking a different language from my peers.
* I relate to seeing situations from several angles (that's part of why I feel uncomfortable making decisions based on my personal feelings), though I'm not quite thorough.
* I admit Se has quite an allure - musicals, for instance. :yay:

INFP
* I don't really believe I have much to express like Fi-doms seem to - whenever I see someone who is amazingly creative, I feel a pang of envy (not that I have ill will for them, just that it seems like they're part of an elite I don't deserve to be in...).
* I value tolerance greatly, and I have few strong stances due to not wanting to reject people based on their opinions and to not believing I'm capable of defending logically my positions...
* I don't think I'm "exploratory" in the Pe way - I'm not the kind of person who jumps headfirst into just anything and abandons it a week later.
* I relate to tertiary Si's woes - I am afraid of rollescoasters since a bad experience as a wee tot and I get finicky with my food frequently ("I already know I don't like it." "Yeah, but you tasted it, like, two years ago, dammit!").

This was less garbled before the intertoobz nommed my first draft. :doh:

I think ISFJ and INFJ are most likely; I still see a concern for external validation and wanting to preserve harmony, which is an indication that you use Fe more so than Fi. So I can be certain that you are indeed IxFJ :yes:

Perhaps now though, we should focus on your weaknesses; whether you're more Se or Ne inferior, in order to determine the difference between ISFJ and INFJ.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I think ISFJ and INFJ are most likely; I still see a concern for external validation and wanting to preserve harmony, which is an indication that you use Fe more so than Fi. So I can be certain that you are indeed IxFJ :yes:

Perhaps now though, we should focus on your weaknesses; whether you're more Se or Ne inferior, in order to determine the difference between ISFJ and INFJ.

Sometimes I feel more like I'm Te inferior, but, since that's out of the question, I'm not sure how to classify my behavior... The video up there with the albino woman demonstrates me in a less functional state, I think - I get a bit close-minded and snippy.

A

Anew Leaf

you definitely come off as type 9 to me.

you are far nicer than I am. ;)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
you definitely come off as type 9 to me.

you are far nicer than I am. ;)

Why, thank you, Ms. Bunny! :blush: I do have a question... Do a lot of Nines have internal struggles, neuroses or periods of dysthimia? I'm curious...

(Any thoughts on Fe/Fi based on this thread, Sat? :))

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes I feel more like I'm Te inferior, but, since that's out of the question, I'm not sure how to classify my behavior... The video up there with the albino woman demonstrates me in a less functional state, I think - I get a bit close-minded and snippy.

Any other specific behaviors when stressed? If not, maybe then we should focus on primary function usage, or descriptions of the types.

A

Anew Leaf

Why, thank you, Ms. Bunny! :blush: I do have a question... Do a lot of Nines have internal struggles, neuroses or periods of dysthimia? I'm curious...

(Any thoughts on Fe/Fi based on this thread, Sat? :))

You seem more Fi to me, fwiw. Although considering how badly I mistyped my best friend of 18 years... I am not sure I should be allowed to type anyone ever again. ;)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Any other specific behaviors when stressed? If not, maybe then we should focus on primary function usage, or descriptions of the types.

Let's see... I get stuck inside my shell, become more impatient and critical and, when physically tired, I kinda feel like collapsing right there on the sidewalk. My sleep cycles also get kinda funky.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Let's see... I get stuck inside my shell, become more impatient and critical and, when physically tired, I kinda feel like collapsing right there on the sidewalk. My sleep cycles also get kinda funky.

Almost sounds like Ti inferiorness, although it could be Se inferiorness too :thinking:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am ambiguous on both accounts - I have zero experience with romance, so my preferences are unclear. :shrug:

^You don't know what you want. Or at least, insist that you don't know.

You're polite, and peaceful, quiet and seem to like to maintain stability for your peace of mind.

Your intuitiveness is pretty clear after that other paragraph.

You don't seem like an INFJ, just as elfboy said, they have a sort of Ti likeliness, that you don't seem to express.

As for being more melancholic than phlegmatic, that could be the deciding point. If you relate to melancholic temperaments than phlegmatic, then chances are you are a 4 (or maybe a 1, though I doubt 1), or maybe even 6. 6s can appear very similar to 9s.

4s don't often mistype for 9s, if you were a four, I would expect that you'd have typed yourself as a 4 or 5. Actually, I'm not even sure what you have typed yourself as.

* I am open-minded. The opposite would be "close-minded".
* I am easily rapt. The opposite would be "easily distracted"

I'm not the most qualified person to tell you, to be honest, kiddo. XD

Denial, hardening oneself, perfectionism, avoidance of human contact, procrastination, occasional self-loathing, being fidgety, intellectualizing my feelings and repressing my anger and frustration. Gotta catch 'em all!

I want to be a nice person and a good friend. I want to be wise, but not arrogant. My personal mission is to be worthy of love, and to make possible friends feel worthy of love as well, without sacrificing my personal space. I want to be tolerant, respectful with people. I want to be able to show I care.

How is all of this not 9 like?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Thanks again, KOD! :)

^You don't know what you want. Or at least, insist that you don't know.

I'm aware that I do not have a job like my parents do, so I try not to demand too much from them... A lot of the time I genuinely don't know what I want, but, when I don't feel too judged, I can be more free to express my suppressed desires. Plus, I keep seeing other sides to decisions - you know, like Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof ("But, on the other hand..."). :laugh:

You're polite, and peaceful, quiet and seem to like to maintain stability for your peace of mind.

I can be somewhat high-strung and pessimistic at times, though... Still, I'd like to be able to be gentle without seeming too vacuous. :)

Your intuitiveness is pretty clear after that other paragraph.

Hmmm... Which one?

You don't seem like an INFJ, just as elfboy said, they have a sort of Ti likeliness, that you don't seem to express.

I can be pretty cold when stressed, but I agree that it seems more Te-ish...

As for being more melancholic than phlegmatic, that could be the deciding point. If you relate to melancholic temperaments than phlegmatic, then chances are you are a 4 (or maybe a 1, though I doubt 1), or maybe even 6. 6s can appear very similar to 9s.

I've also considered 6, especially after Speed Gavroche suggested Belle from Beauty and the Beast (a character I relate to quite a lot) was a 6w5... Six descriptions are chock full of stereotypes. :doh:

4s don't often mistype for 9s, if you were a four, I would expect that you'd have typed yourself as a 4 or 5. Actually, I'm not even sure what you have typed yourself as.

Initially, I typed myself as a 5w4 due to my reclusive, bookish nature - I sent my mother descriptions, and she said Five fit me better (I sent her quite a few batches, and Five was a constant result). A few people thought I could be a Six or a Nine - maybe even a One or Two - so I reconsidered. If you dig a little, you can find a thread I made called "Viridian's Enneatype".

How is all of this not 9 like?

You got me there, sir. :wink: Though "repressing feelings" sounds more like a One thing... Also, do Nines have issues with dysthimia, OCD-like traits or mild depression?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks again, KOD! :)

I'm aware that I do not have a job like my parents do, so I try not to demand too much from them... A lot of the time I genuinely don't know what I want, but, when I don't feel too judged, I can be more free to express my suppressed desires. Plus, I keep seeing other sides to decisions - you know, like Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof ("But, on the other hand..."). :laugh:

This is very typical of type nine, this is what gives them the title 'peacekeeper'. It is one of 9s biggest strengths and allows them to provide an objective, fair and unbiased point of view.

I can be somewhat high-strung and pessimistic at times, though... Still, I'd like to be able to be gentle without seeming too vacuous. :)

This pessimisticness has got me, is it just sometimes? are you more optimistic or pessimistic overall? Do you often sweep things under the table and think 'it'll be fine'? Is it pessimism or fatalism (ie. believing that nothing can be done to change anything)?

Hmmm... Which one?

The paragraph where you said you often feel alienated, read books, among other stuff. Your intuitiveness is not as blatant as your F, which makes me more sure you are an IxFP rather than IxFJ

I can be pretty cold when stressed, but I agree that it seems more Te-ish...

I've also considered 6, especially after Speed Gavroche suggested Belle from Beauty and the Beast (a character I relate to quite a lot) was a 6w5... Six descriptions are chock full of stereotypes. :doh:

Initially, I typed myself as a 5w4 due to my reclusive, bookish nature - I sent my mother descriptions, and she said Five fit me better (I sent her quite a few batches, and Five was a constant result). A few people thought I could be a Six or a Nine - maybe even a One or Two - so I reconsidered. If you dig a little, you can find a thread I made called "Viridian's Enneatype".

You got me there, sir. :wink: Though "repressing feelings" sounds more like a One thing... Also, do Nines have issues with dysthimia, OCD-like traits or mild depression?

If you look back to a certain thread that I can't quite remember the title of... lol... It mentions that Palmer describes a few types by these simple traits:
5 - Skitzoid
6 - Paranoid
9 - Obsessive
1 - Compulsive

*I'm not sure why the other types weren't described, they probably are somewhere.

By that reasoning, 9w1 is a obsessive compulsive type (ie. OCD). As an example, I'm not sure if the writer of "K-ON!!" (the anime) knew it, but the main character is a complete 9. Once she gets started, she just doesn't stop, she filled a bathtub to the brink with yabbies collected from a dam nearby the house because she just couldn't get over it, and she couldn't help but obsess over guitar to the point that she got really good at it (and sleeps with it... which sadly, I can relate to a little too well :blushing:). The downside is, it takes a lot to get started. This is the complete opposite of type 3, which gets things started with ease, but may have trouble sticking to one thing for very long (which makes them ideal for entrepreneurship, where there is no such thing as 'long term').

As for depression, any type can sink into depression, some types may deal with it differently, or may sink into it for different reasons though.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
This is very typical of type nine, this is what gives them the title 'peacekeeper'. It is one of 9s biggest strengths and allows them to provide an objective, fair and unbiased point of view.

Well, maybe "unbiased" is not the right word, but I can be pretty clinical, so to speak (re: the "iceberg" comment). Some people IRL have said I'd be a pretty good magistrate. :biggrin:

This pessimisticness has got me, is it just sometimes? are you more optimistic or pessimistic overall? Do you often sweep things under the table and think 'it'll be fine'? Is it pessimism or fatalism (ie. believing that nothing can be done to change anything)?

I wallow a bit in my own depressive states - there's something alluring about them, I guess - but I don't like moping in front of people... I sometimes have the "no one understands meeee!" feeling, but I feel kinda guilty for being so self-absorbed, and think, "Why can't I be the person they wish I was?". "Fatalism" is a good word - I sometimes feel like I'm tied to the railroad, just waiting for the train to crush me into pieces...

Let's try an example. Let's say I have a pretty difficult essay to do. I kind of avoid it, since it reminds me of my own shortcomings and "triggers" my mix of anxiety and boredom; however, I can't enjoy some forms of leisure (like books or video games) until I do it - I feel guilty and irresponsible doing so. In the end, the fear of failure and humiliation likely outweighs my laziness, and I finally do it, if sometimes half-assedly. :doh:

Maybe I'm a 6w5/9w1 hybrid, like Burning Rave...

The paragraph where you said you often feel alienated, read books, among other stuff. Your intuitiveness is not as blatant as your F, which makes me more sure you are an IxFP rather than IxFJ

It's hard not to feel alienated when your peers talk about politics and the state of our profession and you're wondering when the next Fullmetal Alchemist volume is arriving in the mail... :blush:

By that reasoning, 9w1 is a obsessive compulsive type (ie. OCD). As an example, I'm not sure if the writer of "K-ON!!" (the anime) knew it, but the main character is a complete 9. Once she gets started, she just doesn't stop, she filled a bathtub to the brink with yabbies collected from a dam nearby the house because she just couldn't get over it, and she couldn't help but obsess over guitar to the point that she got really good at it (and sleeps with it... which sadly, I can relate to a little too well :blushing:). The downside is, it takes a lot to get started. This is the complete opposite of type 3, which gets things started with ease, but may have trouble sticking to one thing for very long (which makes them ideal for entrepreneurship, where there is no such thing as 'long term').

Ha, boy, do I relate to the bolded... :laugh:

As for depression, any type can sink into depression, some types may deal with it differently, or may sink into it for different reasons though.

Good point... I once made a thread about Nines and dealing wih failure because I was wondering about that. :yes:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, maybe "unbiased" is not the right word, but I can be pretty clinical, so to speak (re: the "iceberg" comment). Some people IRL have said I'd be a pretty good magistrate. :biggrin:

I wallow a bit in my own depressive states - there's something alluring about them, I guess - but I don't like moping in front of people... I sometimes have the "no one understands meeee!" feeling, but I feel kinda guilty for being so self-absorbed, and think, "Why can't I be the person they wish I was?". "Fatalism" is a good word - I sometimes feel like I'm tied to the railroad, just waiting for the train to crush me into pieces...

Let's try an example. Let's say I have a pretty difficult essay to do. I kind of avoid it, since it reminds me of my own shortcomings and "triggers" my mix of anxiety and boredom; however, I can't enjoy some forms of leisure (like books or video games) until I do it - I feel guilty and irresponsible doing so. In the end, the fear of failure and humiliation likely outweighs my laziness, and I finally do it, if sometimes half-assedly. :doh:

Maybe I'm a 6w5/9w1 hybrid, like Burning Rave...

It's hard not to feel alienated when your peers talk about politics and the state of our profession and you're wondering when the next Fullmetal Alchemist volume is arriving in the mail... :blush:

Ha, boy, do I relate to the bolded... :laugh:

Good point... I once made a thread about Nines and dealing with failure because I was wondering about that. :yes:

Hey, I remember that thread :solidarity:

Being concerned with leisureliness is also nine like, I always worry about how many hours I'm going to have in the day for myself. Even when I'm thinking about getting a job in the future, I'm thinking... oh my god, once uni is over, how am I going to handle not having any leisure time?? I had a 50 hour/week job at one point, and I literally scheduled my own leisure and put in a lot of effort to make it count. That seemed to be all I was worried about, lol. The only time I'm not worrying about leisure is when I'm in an odd trance like mood where efficiency is everything, and getting things done is my number 1 priority! And I become oddly ambitious, more social, more organized, and prepare plans for the future. Growth at three right there. I'd like to know if other nines ever become the same way.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Hey, I remember that thread :solidarity:

Being concerned with leisureliness is also nine like, I always worry about how many hours I'm going to have in the day for myself. Even when I'm thinking about getting a job in the future, I'm thinking... oh my god, once uni is over, how am I going to handle not having any leisure time?? I had a 50 hour/week job at one point, and I literally scheduled my own leisure and put in a lot of effort to make it count. That seemed to be all I was worried about, lol. The only time I'm not worrying about leisure is when I'm in an odd trance like mood where efficiency is everything, and getting things done is my number 1 priority! And I become oddly ambitious, more social, more organized, and prepare plans for the future. Growth at three right there. I'd like to know if other nines ever become the same way.

Ha, I also wonder about that! :D Though I've got to say, a few years back, I told myself I wasn't going to be "the lazy, entitled teenager who doesn't respect his parents" - you know, like the guy from Zits. I wanted to be a more diligent person, and I was known during high school - or the equivalent - as "the smart kid" in my class, before my position was usurped by a guy who I think was an INTJ 5w6... Now that I'm in college, I have a bit of an inferiority complex... Everyone sounds so, well, dedicated - I think they realize what a sad sack I am. :sad:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ha, I also wonder about that! :D Though I've got to say, a few years back, I told myself I wasn't going to be "the lazy, entitled teenager who doesn't respect his parents" - you know, like the guy from Zits. I wanted to be a more diligent person, and I was known during high school - or the equivalent - as "the smart kid" in my class, before my position was usurped by a guy who I think was an INTJ 5w6... Now that I'm in college, I have a bit of an inferiority complex... Everyone sounds so, well, dedicated - I think they realize what a sad sack I am. :sad:

I don't have to worry about that, my dad reinforces that I should leave home promptly (well, he says it a lot more forcefully, with a touch of humor). He'll probably make living in his house an absolute nightmare so that I'm forced to move out to preserve the peace :D. That's E8 for ya, lol.