Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Good idea, SI! I'll read those and get back to you.
    Cool

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I get your point, EJCC... I do think, however, that my stress style is not very Twoish... Whenever I feel stressed, I retreat further into my shell, like I can't take any more stimuli, I get stuck in loops of rationalization and become snippy, aloof and indirect.

Well, that settles it. Changed my mind. 1w2. Under stress, ones start to act like fours, and that can look exactly as you described. I'm a 1w2, also, so I know how it is.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

Well, that settles it. Changed my mind. 1w2. Under stress, ones start to act like fours, and that can look exactly as you described. I'm a 1w2, also, so I know how it is.
    Hmmm... I get what you're getting at, but why w2 and not w9? Despite my politeness, I'm not that much of an interpersonal guy... ^_^'

MBTI
    IsFJ

On SimulatedWorld's profiles...

ISFJ
    * I relate to not wanting to "dive in" without information, but not so much to the thoroughness (I'm a bit of a "skipper" in that sense); I can focus when I need to, though.
    * I don't relate much to the "I know what's best for X" sentiment - I'm not exactly a natural caretaker.
    * I had a few issues with the Across the Universe quote, which I can detail if you want.
    * I also relate to the pursuit of independence (I hate making too many demands) and, paradoxically, to the fear of abandonment (though that's not an issue I dwell on that much).

INFJ
    * I relate to wanting to seek an outsider's opinion on things, though I'm not a particularly good public speaker.
    * The NiTi loop could explain why I used to describe myself as a bit of a misanthrope - I felt like I was speaking a different language from my peers.
    * I relate to seeing situations from several angles (that's part of why I feel uncomfortable making decisions based on my personal feelings), though I'm not quite thorough.
    * I admit Se has quite an allure - musicals, for instance.

INFP
    * I don't really believe I have much to express like Fi-doms seem to - whenever I see someone who is amazingly creative, I feel a pang of envy (not that I have ill will for them, just that it seems like they're part of an elite I don't deserve to be in...).
    * I value tolerance greatly, and I have few strong stances due to not wanting to reject people based on their opinions and to not believing I'm capable of defending logically my positions...
    * I don't think I'm "exploratory" in the Pe way - I'm not the kind of person who jumps headfirst into just anything and abandons it a week later.
    * I relate to tertiary Si's woes - I am afraid of rollescoasters since a bad experience as a wee tot and I get finicky with my food frequently ("I already know I don't like it." "Yeah, but you tasted it, like, two years ago, dammit!").

This was less garbled before the intertoobz nommed my first draft.
    Last edited by Viridian; 06-16-2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Organizing stuff better.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

On SimulatedWorld's profiles...

ISFJ
    * I relate to not wanting to "dive in" without information, but not so much to the thoroughness (I'm a bit of a "skipper" in that sense); I can focus when I need to, though.
    * I don't relate much to the "I know what's best for X" sentiment - I'm not exactly a natural caretaker.
    * I had a few issues with the Across the Universe quote, which I can detail if you want.
    * I also relate to the pursuit of independence (I hate making too many demands) and, paradoxically, to the fear of abandonment (though that's not an issue I dwell on that much).

INFJ
    * I relate to wanting to seek an outsider's opinion on things, though I'm not a particularly good public speaker.
    * The NiTi loop could explain why I used to describe myself as a bit of a misanthrope - I felt like I was speaking a different language from my peers.
    * I relate to seeing situations from several angles (that's part of why I feel uncomfortable making decisions based on my personal feelings), though I'm not quite thorough.
    * I admit Se has quite an allure - musicals, for instance.

INFP
    * I don't really believe I have much to express like Fi-doms seem to - whenever I see someone who is amazingly creative, I feel a pang of envy (not that I have ill will for them, just that it seems like they're part of an elite I don't deserve to be in...).
    * I value tolerance greatly, and I have few strong stances due to not wanting to reject people based on their opinions and to not believing I'm capable of defending logically my positions...
    * I don't think I'm "exploratory" in the Pe way - I'm not the kind of person who jumps headfirst into just anything and abandons it a week later.
    * I relate to tertiary Si's woes - I am afraid of rollescoasters since a bad experience as a wee tot and I get finicky with my food frequently ("I already know I don't like it." "Yeah, but you tasted it, like, two years ago, dammit!").

This was less garbled before the intertoobz nommed my first draft.
    I think ISFJ and INFJ are most likely; I still see a concern for external validation and wanting to preserve harmony, which is an indication that you use Fe more so than Fi. So I can be certain that you are indeed IxFJ

Perhaps now though, we should focus on your weaknesses; whether you're more Se or Ne inferior, in order to determine the difference between ISFJ and INFJ.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I think ISFJ and INFJ are most likely; I still see a concern for external validation and wanting to preserve harmony, which is an indication that you use Fe more so than Fi. So I can be certain that you are indeed IxFJ

Perhaps now though, we should focus on your weaknesses; whether you're more Se or Ne inferior, in order to determine the difference between ISFJ and INFJ.
    Sometimes I feel more like I'm Te inferior, but, since that's out of the question, I'm not sure how to classify my behavior... The video up there with the albino woman demonstrates me in a less functional state, I think - I get a bit close-minded and snippy.

Anew Leaf

you definitely come off as type 9 to me.

you are far nicer than I am.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    you definitely come off as type 9 to me.

you are far nicer than I am.
    Why, thank you, Ms. Bunny! I do have a question... Do a lot of Nines have internal struggles, neuroses or periods of dysthimia? I'm curious...

(Any thoughts on Fe/Fi based on this thread, Sat? )

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Sometimes I feel more like I'm Te inferior, but, since that's out of the question, I'm not sure how to classify my behavior... The video up there with the albino woman demonstrates me in a less functional state, I think - I get a bit close-minded and snippy.
    Any other specific behaviors when stressed? If not, maybe then we should focus on primary function usage, or descriptions of the types.

Anew Leaf

Why, thank you, Ms. Bunny! I do have a question... Do a lot of Nines have internal struggles, neuroses or periods of dysthimia? I'm curious...

(Any thoughts on Fe/Fi based on this thread, Sat? )
    You seem more Fi to me, fwiw. Although considering how badly I mistyped my best friend of 18 years... I am not sure I should be allowed to type anyone ever again.