User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 281

  1. #51
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    An INFJ friend of mine, whom you remind me of, is often asked whether he is gay. I have wondered whether you are - mostly, I guess, because you are so overly kind and benign toward everyone. It seems to be common among INF men.
    Whether I am INFJ or whether I am gay? (In either case, thanks for the kind words, Nic!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    INFJs are much more directing than Viridian. they may look like ISFJs on the outside, but they're plotting, calculating, visionary Ni/Ti on the inside.
    I probably should mention I'm somewhat less outspoken and affectionate IRL... My father once said I was, well, the closest word would be "curt", I guess, and he also mentioned I was "an iceberg" (his words, half-joking) because I didn't get riled up or depressed over soccer matches and other everyday affairs like he was. Make of that what you will...

  2. #52
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Whether I am INFJ or whether I am gay? (In either case, thanks for the kind words, Nic!)



    I probably should mention I'm somewhat less outspoken and affectionate IRL... My father once said I was, well, the closest word would be "curt", I guess, and he also mentioned I was "an iceberg" (his words, half-joking) because I didn't get riled up or depressed over soccer matches and other everyday affairs like he was. Make of that what you will...
    he said that being he was trying to guilt trip you in blatant ESFJ fashion (ESFJs that aren't self aware do this unconsciously when they see someone who isn't an EFJ because they think that everyone should be one)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #53
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Whether I am INFJ or whether I am gay? (In either case, thanks for the kind words, Nic!)
    You can already answer the latter (if you want); the former still seems to be in question, but by making that comparison, I offered my best guess.

  4. #54
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    he said that being he was trying to guilt trip you in blatant ESFJ fashion (ESFJs that aren't self aware do this unconsciously when they see someone who isn't an EFJ because they think that everyone should be one)
    Indeed. Kitty Forman Syndrome strikes again!


  5. #55
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You can already answer the latter (if you want); the former still seems to be in question, but by making that comparison, I offered my best guess.
    I am ambiguous on both accounts - I have zero experience with romance, so my preferences are unclear.

  6. #56
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I am ambiguous on both accounts - I have zero experience with romance, so my preferences are unclear.
    I imagine your preferences are more ambiguous than unclear. Over 30 % of the content on the internet is porn. Am I supposed to believe you have never happened across some of it, or is it a matter of trying it out before you will settle on a definition?

  7. #57
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I imagine your preferences are more ambiguous than unclear. Over 30 % of the content on the internet is porn. Am I supposed to believe you have never happened across some of it, or is it a matter of trying it out before you will settle on a definition?
    Er, the second one, I think. Kinsey Scale and all that jazz.

    On another note, I admit I am a wee reluctant to imagine myself as a Nine, since, temperament-wise, I'm more melancholic than phlegmatic...

  8. #58
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,427

    Default

    I'm thinking IxFJ (probably ISFJ), 2w1.

    What's getting everyone confused, is that you're showing a lot of what could be interpreted as Fi, but what is, in my opinion, your enneagram and possible SJness. Just because you care a lot about your family, and principles, and "doing the right thing", doesn't make you Fi. But it does make you very 1 and very 2 -- which I believe because I related so much to a lot of your answers.

    You also remind me a lot of other IxFJs on the forum. If you read through the "Ask an ESTJ" thread and see the posting style of a lot of INFJs there (including Fidelia), it ought to remind you of yourself, a bit.

    And to everyone who thinks you're a 4: consider the part in the questionnaire when you talk about being "unworthy". Also very 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    A 2? That'd be interesting - How many ISFJ 2s have their mother tell the all the time "Honey, you really need to make some friends"? Mind you, though, I was more gregarious a few years ago, so there's that...
    Being a 2 doesn't really have to do with the quantity of your social interaction -- it has more to do with the quality of it.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    I agree, ISFJ 2w1 seems like a good fit

    Although, these descriptions of should be of help in differentiating between function usage

    ISFJ: http://www.personalitynation.com/isf...-analysis.html

    INFP: http://www.personalitynation.com/inf...-analysis.html

    INFJ: http://www.personalitynation.com/inf...-analysis.html

  10. #60
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'm thinking IxFJ (probably ISFJ), 2w1.

    What's getting everyone confused, is that you're showing a lot of what could be interpreted as Fi, but what is, in my opinion, your enneagram and possible SJness. Just because you care a lot about your family, and principles, and "doing the right thing", doesn't make you Fi. But it does make you very 1 and very 2 -- which I believe because I related so much to a lot of your answers.

    You also remind me a lot of other IxFJs on the forum. If you read through the "Ask an ESTJ" thread and see the posting style of a lot of INFJs there (including Fidelia), it ought to remind you of yourself, a bit.

    And to everyone who thinks you're a 4: consider the part in the questionnaire when you talk about being "unworthy". Also very 2.

    Being a 2 doesn't really have to do with the quantity of your social interaction -- it has more to do with the quality of it.
    I get your point, EJCC... I do think, however, that my stress style is not very Twoish... Whenever I feel stressed, I retreat further into my shell, like I can't take any more stimuli, I get stuck in loops of rationalization and become snippy, aloof and indirect. Observe Shih-na here, and how icy she is:



    If I'm pushed too far, I become curt and kill conversations with my sharper edges (yes, I do have those ).

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I agree, ISFJ 2w1 seems like a good fit

    Although, these descriptions of should be of help in differentiating between function usage

    ISFJ: http://www.personalitynation.com/isf...-analysis.html

    INFP: http://www.personalitynation.com/inf...-analysis.html

    INFJ: http://www.personalitynation.com/inf...-analysis.html
    Good idea, SI! I'll read those and get back to you.

Similar Threads

  1. what's my MBTI type? (answers to questionnaire)
    By SwimmerGal97 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2015, 10:26 AM
  2. Use my Answers to Questionnaire to Determine My Type
    By Romello in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2014, 03:41 PM
  3. Limit's Questionnaire: Help me figure out my type?
    By kissmyasthma in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 12:33 PM
  4. Limit's questionnaire and my answers <3
    By Moonflower in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 01:23 PM
  5. Limit's Questionnaire and My Answers
    By The_World_As_Will in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO