User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    But I thought all Fi users were full of magic and poetry and were only sad because people didn't understand them!

(That's actually what I thought not too long ago. )

Going through the motions can be a bit bothersome if it takes too long, I agree. But I feel the need to be nice to those that extend me favors or are pleasant towards me (e.g. parents' friends that invite my family over for dinner).
    That might be more Fe then. I'll play the nice role when I'm expected to, but I don't go out of my way to be extra nice unless I genuinely care. In the situation you just described, where does your feeling the need to be nice come from? Is it more like genuine caring or dutiful courtesy?

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    That might be more Fe then. I'll play the nice role when I'm expected to, but I don't go out of my way to be extra nice unless I genuinely care. In the situation you just described, where does your feeling the need to be nice come from? Is it more like genuine caring or dutiful courtesy?
    It depends on the case. In the dinner scenario I described, it would be more out of duty and courtesy (besides not being a spoiled brat that keeps nagging his folks to go home ). Doesn't make it so much "fake" as "requiring a bit of effort, but not that big a deal", right? Or does it?

Then again, I suffer quite a bit from "Fe-tardation" (sorry for the ableist language)... Like how, just yesterday, I was too spaced out to realize I should have offered my spot in a bench to a woman next to me and her little kid.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Glycerine

Fe=/=socially smooth. lol I should know. I would say I'm socially awkward and one of most socially oblivious people I know is an ESFJ. Fe is not a slave to social rules (as much as the ridiculous stereotype keeps getting perpetuated). It can be very individualistic in the sense that the person chooses what ones they care about.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Fe=/=socially smooth. lol I should know. I would say I'm socially awkward and one of most socially oblivious people I know is an ESFJ. Fe is not a slave to social rules (as much as the ridiculous stereotype keeps getting perpetuated). It can be very individualistic in the sense that the person chooses what ones they care about.
    I think I'm getting your drift, Glycerine... My ESFJ dad can be pretty, let's say, oblivious. One minute he's lecturing me on how not to "look/sound weird" and be more inviting to people, the next one he's telling the tollbooth lady, "Say, there sure are a lot of tollbooths along the way, uh? It's bleeding me dry, I tell ya! ".

I can be pretty oblivious myself, but in a very different way - whereas he's too chatty and assumes everyone understands what he means, I'm a bit spacey and uncommunicative and kinda awkward in a dorky way.

It's strange, to think of myself as an ISFJ in the Internet age. Still, given my reluctance to buy one of those newfangled "Blackberries", it might just be possible.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

You know you're an I right, and I'm guessing that you know you're an S? So on the outside (to everyone else) are you more S or F? To me, you seem more F, which indicates that you're probably an F dom = Fi (because you're an introvert), which means you're an ISFP.

If that doesn't work, then you should look at the P/J dichotomy, which is straight forward, unlike cognitive functions.
    5 3 9

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    You know you're an I right, and I'm guessing that you know you're an S? So on the outside (to everyone else) are you more S or F? To me, you seem more F, which indicates that you're probably an F dom = Fi (because you're an introvert), which means you're an ISFP.
    I have seen this line of reasoning before... but if one appears more F on the outside, one might actually be an Fe user, even an introverted one (IFJ). I think some Fi ppl can appear more Te on the outside. Te/Fe are the e attitudes after all.

*shrug*
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    I have seen this line of reasoning before... but if one appears more F on the outside, one might actually be an Fe user, even an introverted one (IFJ). I think some Fi ppl can appear more Te on the outside. Te/Fe are the e attitudes after all.

*shrug*
    How the hell would an Fi dom seem Te... unless they are anime freaks and trying to be super tsundere and discussing in depth topics with people :P. Introverts will step forward with their dominant, the auxiliary will come out when the dominant isn't suited. Like, I will get on the bus in the morning, start talking to friends, and lead the conversation into Ti analytical mode, then when that becomes exhausted, Ne starts mixing everything together, and then Ti comes back. An ISFJ may start a conversation with Si details and comparisons and then slowly turn on the charm. An ISFP will likely go through some small talk and when they open up, try to head towards a topic of worth to them, and then turn towards the present moment. Just half guessing/half observing, I'm somewhat sure the ISFJ one is right, I have a good mate that does this all the time, but I don't know many ISFPs well enough to get past the social mask... I do know INFPs that do something like this though.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    IsFJ

If that doesn't work, then you should look at the P/J dichotomy, which is straight forward, unlike cognitive functions.
    Heya, dude, long time no see!

Well, it's trickier when you're an introvert, since your dominant function might be Feeling and the auxilliary - which most people see at first glance - might be Intuition, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post

*shrug*
    A-yup. Though I hear some INFJs can appear quite cold at first glance.

Also, keep in mind, I'm not as emotionally expressive IRL as I am online... I've been accused of being curt on occasion.

All Natural! All Good!

How the hell would an Fi dom seem Te... unless they are anime freaks and trying to be super tsundere and discussing in depth topics with people :P. Introverts will step forward with their dominant, the auxiliary will come out when the dominant isn't suited. Like, I will get on the bus in the morning, start talking to friends, and lead the conversation into Ti analytical mode, then when that becomes exhausted, Ne starts mixing everything together, and then Ti comes back. An ISFJ may start a conversation with Si details and comparisons and then slowly turn on the charm. An ISFP will likely go through some small talk and when they open up, try to head towards a topic of worth to them, and then turn towards the present moment. Just half guessing/half observing, I'm somewhat sure the ISFJ one is right, I have a good mate that does this all the time, but I don't know many ISFPs well enough to get past the social mask... I do know INFPs that do something like this though.
    To extravert anything at all -- to interact with the external world in any way at all -- you need to use your e functions. IPs will primarily extravert Pe, of course.

I said "some Fi ppl can appear more Te on the outside." Note the word "appear". ISFPs and INFPs I've seen "look" like Ts. They have a distinct "Fi voice" which is sort of monotone-ish, unlike the Fe voice (shows up even in TPs) that is more... sing-songy(?) to engage the listener.

You can see this with nfgeeks: http://www.youtube.com/nfgeeks
    The ENFP (Te) tends to have a straight mouth like :| no matter what he's saying. Whereas the INFJ (Fe) varies his facial expression and voice pitch more.

IME ISFJs don't let you into their Si at all until you know them well. FJs do indeed seem Fe; I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying that TPs seem Fe as well, much like FPs seem Te.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Here's something interesting I recently tried...

I asked a family member to look at some of the Enneagram fixations and try to pinpoint which one she felt fit me best. She looked at all but the 3, 7 and 8 profiles, which do not fit me at all.

She said that, as a child/young teenager - i.e. before I entered university - I was quite a lot like a Five, very curious and inquisitive; I had this huge book about the Zodiac I constantly read and tried to understand everything about it. I also had a phase - that was not entirely inconsequential - where I was very interested in mystery novels, and constantly read them during recesses/breaks at school (circa 15 years old?). However, when I became an university student, I became more skittish, insecure and neurotic like a (unhealthy) Six.

It makes me wonder whether I am in too undeveloped/conflicted a stage to have a definitive type yet... Do you suppose that is the case?