User Tag List

First 152324252627 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    INFP 9w1 Sx/Sp
    perhaps?
    I dunno if I'm an Sx-dom... Intimacy is a bit of a problem with me.

What changed your mind to INFP?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I dunno if I'm an Sx-dom... Intimacy is a bit of a problem with me.

What changed your mind to INFP?
    I've thought so for a few months actually. recently I've begun to understand the INFP personality a lot more intimately. before I assumed they were much more like myself except more gentle and introverted, but now I'm beginning to understand some of the differences between Fi dom and Fi aux, and also taking into account my enneagram vs the enneagram of most INFPs. as most INFPs are 9s, 4s and 6s, it's understandable that being a 7w8 they'd be much different from me. INFPs tend to put a lot of emphasis on tolerance, acceptance, harmony, peace. for this reason I frequently mistook them for Fe users and typed them as INFJ or ISFJ
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

I have an idea. Describe your F function (Fi/Fe). How does it work? What does it allow you to do? What are the easiest/hardest parts of it? Think of how you experience empathy/sympathy and how it helps you interact with others.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I've thought so for a few months actually. recently I've begun to understand the INFP personality a lot more intimately. before I assumed they were much more like myself except more gentle and introverted, but now I'm beginning to understand some of the differences between Fi dom and Fi aux, and also taking into account my enneagram vs the enneagram of most INFPs. as most INFPs are 9s, 4s and 6s, it's understandable that being a 7w8 they'd be much different from me. INFPs tend to put a lot of emphasis on tolerance, acceptance, harmony, peace. for this reason I frequently mistook them for Fe users and typed them as INFJ or ISFJ
    Yeah, I think Enneagram plays a big part. (Although I think 4s care less about harmony and more about authenticity of feelings.)

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I have an idea. Describe your F function (Fi/Fe). How does it work? What does it allow you to do? What are the easiest/hardest parts of it? Think of how you experience empathy/sympathy and how it helps you interact with others.
    For the most part, it:

* Impels me to consider the impact my words and actions have on the feelings of others;

* Allows me to adhere to a few personal principles/guidelines without being overt or outspoken about it (partly due to my shyness);

* Increases my sensitivity to others' expectations and opinions of me (also allowing me to be less judgmental, by the same token);

* Encourages me to avoid conflict and squabbling;

* Leads me to identify and respect personal "barriers" (that is to say, I avoid invading others' personal space and expect the same).

Now, useful life skills like deep understanding, caretaking, upholding values, teaching, counseling or building bonds? Zero, nada, zippo, squat.

Now, useful life skills like deep understanding, caretaking, upholding values, teaching, counseling or building bonds? Zero, nada, zippo, squat.
    But these are all good examples of the bolded:

Impels me to consider the impact my words and actions have on the feelings of others
    Increases my sensitivity to others' expectations and opinions of me (also allowing me to be less judgmental, by the same token)
    Encourages me to avoid conflict and squabbling
    Leads me to identify and respect personal "barriers" (that is to say, I avoid invading others' personal space and expect the same).

For the most part, it:

* Impels me to consider the impact my words and actions have on the feelings of others;

* Allows me to adhere to a few personal principles/guidelines without being overt or outspoken about it (partly due to my shyness);

* Increases my sensitivity to others' expectations and opinions of me (also allowing me to be less judgmental, by the same token);

* Encourages me to avoid conflict and squabbling;

* Leads me to identify and respect personal "barriers" (that is to say, I avoid invading others' personal space and expect the same).

I'm not sure whether these would fit more into Fi or Fe. I suppose they're all skills that I have as well, as a Fi user, but I think a Fe user might be just as likely to fit those descriptions.

I perceive Fe as spreading out and taking everyone in, and Fi as reaching out toward one person of focus to connect deeply. When someone is sad, Fe notices the signs of sadness and tries to help in some way, like cheering the person up (because that's what every good person is expected to do in such a situation). Fi, on the other hand, wants to understand what that person is feeling and empathize. In my experience, as a Fi user, I am easily moved emotionally because my first instinct when I see that someone is sad is to empathize--not just to care, but to actually imagine and try to feel what that person must be feeling. It's hard to explain though, because I don't necessarily put myself in the other person's shoes. I'm feeling for them, but it's really more from my own perspective in a way. I wish I knew Fe better so I could describe the differences more rather than just give a Fi perspective. Perhaps Fe wants to be a good Samaritan while Fi wants to be genuine, deep, and connecting. Fe has been called more shallow than Fi, and Fi has been called more selfish than Fe, though I don't believe either is entirely true or false.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    But these are all good examples of the bolded:
    They are? I thought it was just me being a skittish youth...

I'm not sure whether these would fit more into Fi or Fe. I suppose they're all skills that I have as well, as a Fi user, but I think a Fe user might be just as likely to fit those descriptions.

I perceive Fe as spreading out and taking everyone in, and Fi as reaching out toward one person of focus to connect deeply. When someone is sad, Fe notices the signs of sadness and tries to help in some way, like cheering the person up (because that's what every good person is expected to do in such a situation). Fi, on the other hand, wants to understand what that person is feeling and empathize. In my experience, as a Fi user, I am easily moved emotionally because my first instinct when I see that someone is sad is to empathize--not just to care, but to actually imagine and try to feel what that person must be feeling. It's hard to explain though, because I don't necessarily put myself in the other person's shoes. I'm feeling for them, but it's really more from my own perspective in a way. I wish I knew Fe better so I could describe the differences more rather than just give a Fi perspective. Perhaps Fe wants to be a good Samaritan while Fi wants to be genuine, deep, and connecting. Fe has been called more shallow than Fi, and Fi has been called more selfish than Fe, though I don't believe either is entirely true or false.
    The trouble is, I think, that quite a few of my Fe-ish behaviors can be attributed to general insecurity - being way too concerned about others' acceptance or rejection, having trouble saying "No, I don't feel like doing X", being afraid of being the "voice of dissent"...

However, going by your descriptions, I suspect I might be more Fe, since I don't think I go that deep into the rabbit hole about some feelings... Like, there was this dream Huxley (the forumer) told us about, where she experienced life from the viewpoint of a spider, and never squished one again... I don't think I could examine a situation so deeply. The thought of "becoming somebody/something" else is a bit unnerving to me, since it entails such a complete change of context. As well as the perils that come with it.

(Not that I'm incapable of grasping negative feelings, mind you, I'm just more specialized in certain ones... Am I expressing myself in a clear way here?)

The trouble is, I think, that quite a few of my Fe-ish behaviors can be attributed to general insecurity - being way too concerned about others' acceptance or rejection, having trouble saying "No, I don't feel like doing X", being afraid of being the "voice of dissent"...

However, going by your descriptions, I suspect I might be more Fe, since I don't think I go that deep into the rabbit hole about some feelings... Like, there was this dream Huxley (the forumer) told us about, where she experienced life from the viewpoint of a spider, and never squished one again... I don't think I could examine a situation so deeply. The thought of "becoming somebody/something" else is a bit unnerving to me, since it entails such a complete change of context. As well as the perils that come with it.

(Not that I'm incapable of grasping negative feelings, mind you, I'm just more specialized in certain ones... Am I expressing myself in a clear way here?)
    I think being a 9 can make someone seem more Fe even if they're a Fi user. 9 makes one more concerned with harmony and others' opinions/viewpoints and thus more agreeable, and it can also make one less aware of one's own feelings (repression, gut triad so feeling last). Maybe you really are a Fe user, but it's hard to tell because of your enneatype, so I wouldn't rule out Fi just yet. I'll have to do more research on this. Maybe I'll start a Fi/Fe thread or something...

MBTI
    IsFJ

I think being a 9 can make someone seem more Fe even if they're a Fi user. 9 makes one more concerned with harmony and others' opinions/viewpoints and thus more agreeable, and it can also make one less aware of one's own feelings (repression, gut triad so feeling last). Maybe you really are a Fe user, but it's hard to tell because of your enneatype, so I wouldn't rule out Fi just yet. I'll have to do more research on this. Maybe I'll start a Fi/Fe thread or something...
    There are quite a few Fe/Fi threads around, but it's hard to trudge through the spats. It goes like this...

"Fi is pure and genuine! Fe is sycophantic and manipulative!"
    "Fe is caring and nurturing! Fi is selfish and inconsiderate!"

Lather, rinse, repeat.

/only partly joking

There are quite a few Fe/Fi threads around, but it's hard to trudge through the spats. It goes like this...

"Fi is pure and genuine! Fe is sycophantic and manipulative!"
    "Fe is caring and nurturing! Fi is selfish and inconsiderate!"

Lather, rinse, repeat.

/only partly joking
    So true!