User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Really? I always feel like I'm not "genuine" enough to be a 4... One of my main issues nowadays is that I "sweep stuff under the rug" quite a bit and refuse to voice my opinion...

Journalism. I don't live in the USA, so I go to an university instead of a college.

Thanks for the feedback, Rasofy! I appreciate it very much.
    lol no dude, trust me, you ARE a 4, it's well so 'present', it's the vibe you give off and I would agree about the Ne humour thing, lol I bet you have a pretty dark/morbid sense of humour as well?? also, 'sweeping stuff under the rug and not voicing your opinion' IS an Fi-dominant thing, INFPs tend to keep this really reserved demeanor unless you piss them off (but usually Ne takes the lead, and they can just respond with some witty joke or just walk away), lol talk to some other INFP 4's here, you'll see the resemblance

MBTI
    IsFJ

Ooh, thanks again, S&S! I'll expand on some points:

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    This says "I want to stand my ground, I am a perfectionist, have strong beliefs deep inside, but they conflict with my basic need for peace." (To me.)
    It's often not so much my values as my desires, I'll admit. I'm a bit passionate about some things (such as my vendetta against women's footwear and sexist attitudes), but I often doubt my positions a bit too much to be sure of them. That, and I know some of my beliefs are not necessarily based on hard fact, so I find it a bit embarassing to vocalize them... :blushing:

The Golden Rule, Fi.
    I thought the Golden Rule tit-for-tat thing was more Fe, but I'm basing it off Vicky Jo Varner again, so I might be off base...

Combination 9w1 and Fi. Don't want to let your internal desires conflict with your values, and also harmony around you. Seems like the one wing is there but conflicts with the rest.
    It's partially about harmony and not wanting to be divisive or exclusivist, but it's also about feeling that I owe a lot to my parents and therefore not wanting to disappoint them... :sad:

Sounds like there is some unrealized potential in another field, possibly perceived to be a more 'selfish" one? Anxiety/ fear of rattling things up so are staying where you are. (and/ or) the Fi/ 9ness still wants to keep the peace and do the right thing. Escape through books and other knowledge.
    Truth is, I don't know what my "gift" is, or even if I have one... People tell me I'm good at writing, so... Journalism! As an aside, I could see the reasoning above being applicable to 6w5 as well.

This all sounds like someone who is scared and conflicted. Perfectionism breeds procrastination. Conflict avoiding, so not going after exactly what you want, whatever that is.
    Funny thing... I've read people here saying that "going after what you want" is exactly what Fi is all about. I guess it's a multi-use function...

To escape the job that you're not passionate about? (or, less dramatically, find fascinating/enthralling) and being diligent about your work, I suppose.
    Basically, yes. I don't think I'm competent enough when it comes to reading to delve into deep literary analysis... Also, I imagine a hobby kind of ceases to be fun when your paycheck depends on it.

"Be strong, work hard, do more, but keep the peace."
    I won't pretend I'm not a lazy procrastinator who groans at the thought of writing a ten-page essay - I just don't want to be a freeloader.

"I can't fail but I'm failing, I want success."
    Not so much "success" as "avoiding being a failure", but yeah.

Once again, danke, bud!

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    lol no dude, trust me, you ARE a 4, it's well so 'present', it's the vibe you give off and I would agree about the Ne humour thing, lol I bet you have a pretty dark/morbid sense of humour as well?? also, 'sweeping stuff under the rug and not voicing your opinion' IS an Fi-dominant thing, INFPs tend to keep this really reserved demeanor unless you piss them off (but usually Ne takes the lead, and they can just respond with some witty joke or just walk away), lol talk to some other INFP 4's here, you'll see the resemblance
    I've been called "morbid" before, I admit.

Maybe that's why I feel inferior sometimes - I'm twisted! :crazy:

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Ooh, thanks again, S&S! I'll expand on some points:

It's often not so much my values as my desires, I'll admit. I'm a bit passionate about some things (such as my vendetta against women's footwear and sexist attitudes), but I often doubt my positions a bit too much to be sure of them. That, and I know some of my beliefs are not necessarily based on hard fact, so I find it a bit embarassing to vocalize them... :blushing:

I thought the Golden Rule tit-for-tat thing was more Fe, but I'm basing it off Vicky Jo Varner again, so I might be off base...

It's partially about harmony and not wanting to be divisive or exclusivist, but it's also about feeling that I owe a lot to my parents and therefore not wanting to disappoint them... :sad:

Truth is, I don't know what my "gift" is, or even if I have one... People tell me I'm good at writing, so... Journalism! As an aside, I could see the reasoning above being applicable to 6w5 as well.

Funny thing... I've read people here saying that "going after what you want" is exactly what Fi is all about. I guess it's a multi-use function...

Basically, yes. I don't think I'm competent enough when it comes to reading to delve into deep literary analysis... Also, I imagine a hobby kind of ceases to be fun when your paycheck depends on it.

I won't pretend I'm not a lazy procrastinator who groans at the thought of writing a ten-page essay - I just don't want to be a freeloader.

Not so much "success" as "avoiding being a failure", but yeah.

Once again, danke, bud!
    Makes sense. Again, functions and enneagrams are all very open to interpretation.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Alas, I don't know if I have the "it" Fours have. I'm about as creative and expressive as a cinder block.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Let's say I was a Four, though, TWAW. Am I more of a 4w3 or a 4w5, in your opinion?

Let's say I was a Four, though, TWAW. Am I more of a 4w3 or a 4w5, in your opinion?
    Hmm depends, most 4w3's like the appearance of being a 4w5 so they end up choosing that because 4w3 sounds well too blah and they see the image of a 3 as fake nd too materialistic and they tend not to like it, :P but there is absolutely nothing wrong with 4w3's and they can be knowledgeable or smart or 'deep' as 4w5's just id less stand-offish , my best friend and gf are both 4w3's I have a surprisingly great relationship with them.. why? Idk, but to answer your question, do you try to 'charm' or impress people in order for them to like you? and secretly want people to care about your emotions, sort of like if you write depressing poetry, a 4w3 would be like 'hey guys look at this really depressing poem I wrote, look how sad I am" :P i haven't noticed that with 4w5, I'd say 4w3 but idk, it's up to you. again my bt is on INFP 4w3 but IMO those guys are the coolest 8)

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    Hmm depends, most 4w3's like the appearance of being a 4w5 so they end up choosing that because 4w3 sounds well too blah and they see the image of a 3 as fake nd too materialistic and they tend not to like it, :P but there is absolutely nothing wrong with 4w3's and they can be knowledgeable or smart or 'deep' as 4w5's just id less stand-offish , my best friend and gf are both 4w3's I have a surprisingly great relationship with them.. why? Idk, but to answer your question, do you try to 'charm' or impress people in order for them to like you? and secretly want people to care about your emotions, sort of like if you write depressing poetry, a 4w3 would be like 'hey guys look at this really depressing poem I wrote, look how sad I am" :P i haven't noticed that with 4w5, I'd say 4w3 but idk, it's up to you. again my bt is on INFP 4w3 but IMO those guys are the coolest 8)
    I usually want to be perceived as "nice", but I'm not a very good "self-promoter"... Also, I don't write poetry. Heck, I don't write anything unless prompted - I'm not one of those people who have "the itch".

I dislike advertising my sadness, but it kind of comes out anyway... Sometimes I kind of resemble Eeyore, I suppose.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think you're an ISFJ 9w1 loyal, dependable, sweet, accepting and downright huggable
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

I usually want to be perceived as "nice", but I'm not a very good "self-promoter"... Also, I don't write poetry. Heck, I don't write anything unless prompted - I'm not one of those people who have "the itch".

I dislike advertising my sadness, but it kind of comes out anyway... Sometimes I kind of resemble Eeyore, I suppose.

lol :P they are too, but the urge is still there, and well that was just an example about the poetry thing, the point was that they broadcast their feelings. :P but I wouldn't get too caught up in the enneagram, personally I'm slowly distancing myself from it but I say use it if you find it useful, also maybe you should do what you recommended to me? The 8 function model by bebe to figure out your type?. I think it might be useful, here's a very good link on it, and i don't see you as an SJ AT ALL! I don't notice you as a dominant Si'er with Aux Fe, I don't see how elfboy can see that, lets accept that 9w1 was accurate, it would be well odd for an ISFJ to be one, I think people are seeing your Fi+Ne as 'sweet and accepting + Loyal". but meh maybe i'm wrong, You should use the bebe model in order to decide but I don't get Si dom from you AT ALL!

nor is Elfboy an INFP, that's utterly LAUGHABLE, he's an ENFP and he needs to admit it!