User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    Wow, these results are pretty balanced, which makes it kind of difficult...Yeah, I think taking it again might help. I get different results now than when I took it the first time. There's also another test here you could try. The scoring part doesn't work, but you can score it yourself by adding up the number of checks in each section. I like the way this one's organized because it gives a clear picture of what each function is like.
    Okey-dokey!

Cognitive Development Survey (dunno if those descriptions were accurate - some of the Ni ones sounded downright pretentious - but here it goes):

Se: 5
    Si: 8
    Te: 9
    Ti: 6
    Fe: 6
    Fi: 6
    Ne: 5
    Ni: 4

Other test:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.7)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *********************************** (35)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.9)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28.7)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.8)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.8)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.9)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.8)
    good use

Hope that kind of helped...

Enneagram
    5w4

I don't put too much credence in that cognitive functions test. The results seem to vary too much each time I take it depending on my mood/thoughts at that particular moment.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Okey-dokey!

Cognitive Development Survey (dunno if those descriptions were accurate - some of the Ni ones sounded downright pretentious - but here it goes):

Se: 5
    Si: 8
    Te: 9
    Ti: 6
    Fe: 6
    Fi: 6
    Ne: 5
    Ni: 4

Other test:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.7)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *********************************** (35)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.9)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28.7)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.8)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.8)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.9)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.8)
    good use

Hope that kind of helped...
    Hmmm...Your results suggest ISTJ (Si Te Fi Ne) with a weak J preference. Actually, all your preferences seem kind of weak, which is why everything is so close. But the preferences are there and seem to be somewhat consistent. If you're a sensor, you must have Si so that would make you judging type. If you're an intuitor, you must have Ne, which would make you a perceiving type. If you're an SJ, you must be a T as well because your Te is much higher than your Fe. If you're an NP, you could be either T or F.

Here are the most likely types based on these results: ISTJ > INTP > INFP

Is it possible you could be a thinking type? If not, you're definitely an INFP.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    I don't put too much credence in that cognitive functions test. The results seem to vary too much each time I take it depending on my mood/thoughts at that particular moment.
    I'm kind of skeptical about them as well... The statements are somewhat awkwardly phrased. :/

Hmmm...Your results suggest ISTJ (Si Te Fi Ne) with a weak J preference. Actually, all your preferences seem kind of weak, which is why everything is so close. But the preferences are there and seem to be somewhat consistent. If you're a sensor, you must have Si so that would make you judging type. If you're an intuitor, you must have Ne, which would make you a perceiving type. If you're an SJ, you must be a T as well because your Te is much higher than your Fe. If you're an NP, you could be either T or F.

Here are the most likely types based on these results: ISTJ > INTP > INFP

Is it possible you could be a thinking type? If not, you're definitely an INFP.
    INFP I can see; INTP, maybe (I brought it up earlier). ISTJ... I dunno, I've mistyped myself before as INTJ because I wasn't all "touchy-feely", was kind of practical and nonchalant and went a little too much by stereotypes (I was the "smart kid" in school; nowadays, not so much); but I've never seriously considered ISTJ before...

Enneagram
    5w4

I'm kind of skeptical about them as well... The statements are somewhat awkwardly phrased. :/
    Agreed. If we follow the theory that one "shouldn't" have both Fi and Ti as or among their top two functions, then something's wrong with the test when so many people seem to score high on both. How do we know if someone wasn't using Ti and Fe to answer a question aimed at testing Te? That said, I'm interested to see what direction this cognitive test will go in its next revamp.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

INFP I can see; INTP, maybe (I brought it up earlier). ISTJ... I dunno, I've mistyped myself before as INTJ because I wasn't all "touchy-feely", was kind of practical and nonchalant and went a little too much by stereotypes (I was the "smart kid" in school; nowadays, not so much); but I've never seriously considered ISTJ before...
    Maybe try researching Te a bit. If you have Te and it's strong, then ISTJ. If you have it but it's weaker or less preferred, INFP. If you don't have it much at all and prefer Ti, then you're INTP.

Differences I've noticed between Te and Ti are that Te is more direct and outwardly focused than Ti. Te will look for fallacies and be quick to point them out (Vizzy's post (#163) could be an example of Te). Ti will notice fallacies as well, but won't mind working with an imperfect system or theory. Ti is less direct and may hold skepticism within while still half-accepting the theory. Te, on the other hand, will be more directly skeptical and hesitant to work with a flawed system. I don't have much evidence of this yet, it's just an observation based on my own experience. But I don't mind because Ti can (half-)accept a theory before there is verifiable evidence, as long as it seems logical. I may start a thread on this later.

Enneagram
    5w4

Differences I've noticed between Te and Ti are that Te is more direct and outwardly focused than Ti. Te will look for fallacies and be quick to point them out (Vizzy's post (#163) could be an example of Te). Ti will notice fallacies as well, but won't mind working with an imperfect system or theory. Ti is less direct and may hold skepticism within while still half-accepting the theory. Te, on the other hand, will be more directly skeptical and hesitant to work with a flawed system. I don't have much evidence of this yet, it's just an observation based on my own experience. But I don't mind because Ti can (half-)accept a theory before there is verifiable evidence, as long as it seems logical. I may start a thread on this later.
    Please do create a thread on this because I'm unsure about your definition of Ti and Te.
    I'm always very skeptical about something if it doesn't make sense to me, and that test is flawed, in my humble opinion. Therefore, I'd prefer not to give it too much credence. (Note the words "too much" - which means it's likely that I'm half-accepting it too). I don't see the point in churning out those cognitive functions scores again and again when the order varies so drastically and too easily to convince me. I enjoy studying the reasoning behind the test. It's the implementation that's not doing it for me.

Personally, you seem a bit too sure about the system - the way you go about saying "If you have ___ then you're ____. If not, then it's _____." Is it really that clear-cut? Sounds a bit Te-ish to me.
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    IsFJ

Maybe try researching Te a bit. If you have Te and it's strong, then ISTJ. If you have it but it's weaker or less preferred, INFP. If you don't have it much at all and prefer Ti, then you're INTP.

Well, I guess I can use Te for small stuff... Like, one-on-one discussions about the practical consequences of daily life (especially when I'm asked to be a little lax about traffic laws ); however, I'm lousy at debate, I'm way too meek and afraid of "imposing" my opinions on others (probably because others' opinions/thoughts make me kind of question mine, even about subjective stuff like taste). In fact, I opted out of an (kind of) optional debate-centered part of a class last year because I felt so "put on the spot"...

/obligatory gif

Anyway, thanks for your patience and feedback, RZ! You too, Vizzy.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

After further reveiw, I think Fe/Si usage is definitely obvious; your either a shy ESFJ or ISFJ. Enneagram wise, 1w9, 2w3, and p6w5 are probably likely.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    After further reveiw, I think Fe/Si usage is definitely obvious; your either a shy ESFJ or ISFJ. Enneagram wise, 1w9, 2w3, and p6w5 are probably likely.
    My dad's an ESFJ; we have very different styles - I'm all, "I just want to be alone, 'kay?", and he's all, "Let's do something together!". Plus, I was pretty much the "quiet bookworm" back in high school, but I think I've said that already. Point is, ESFJ is very unlikely, as is 2w3 (Three wing? Why?). I'm open-minded about the rest, though.