User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Type me? (INXX)

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Type me? (INXX)

I have been confused about my type for months now. For a long time I thought I was INFJ, but recently I feel I have changed a lot and have jumped back and forth between INFJ, INTJ, INFP and INTP.
    I looked at each individual function and am still confused. I'm not sure if it's more that I don't understand the functions, or I really can't decide which ones apply to me. I have the most trouble with Fe, Fi, Te and Ti.
    I am pretty certain on the I and N, but I will try to include details about each letter anyway.

I and E

-I highly value privacy
    -I don't hate talking to people or anything, but feel that most people I don't feel a connection with. When I talk to people, I want to see them paying full attention to me or I feel hurt. I don't want to talk to anybody if they don't want to talk to me.
    -I feel small talk is superficial. I can manage to do it, but it took me a long time to learn and I don't enjoy it. I still don't understand the purpose of it.
    -I like to feel included in a group.
    -I keep to myself most of the time, but if I have a problem with someone or something I push myself to be assertive. I can't stand being used, but sometimes I automatically give in to people's demands just to be polite and once I realized what I've done I get angry at myself. (maybe this is more T/F?)

S and N
    -I'm pretty sure S is my weakest function.
    -I'm really, uh, spacey....often, it takes me a minute to realize what somebody is telling me...sometimes I don't realize they are talking at all because I am thinking so much.
    -I suck at mechanical tasks. I get embarrassed when somebody is giving me oral directions because I have difficulty following them, even if the task is really simple.
    -As said, I'm spacey and it can take me months to really notice something like a picture on the wall. I don't pay attention to small physical details in my surroundings because I don't find them important.
    -I have always been introspective and philosophical. I enjoy reading because I like to figure out the psychology of each character and think about the author's intentions.
    -I get paranoid/weird feelings about random stuff and people

T and F

-I don't cry easily. I think I'm more likely to cry over a song than a movie.
    -I feel kind of void of emotions compared to other people--at least about certain things. I can watch a sad movie where somebody dies or whatever and the whole theater will be crying and I hardly feel moved at all. It just feels forced. People see/hear about death all the time, in the movies, in the news etc. I just don't understand, how you can get so emotional about it, when it's the same situation over and over. Of course, I understand getting upset over the death of a close family member/friend, just not about complete strangers or fictional characters.
    -However, I get sensitive about things people don't understand or don't notice. I get worried about random strangers.
    -I can't stand to see people be misunderstood, especially when they had good intentions.
    -I always worry I'm being annoying.
    -I would say I value justice over mercy.
    -I get so irritated when people are submissive. UGH...weakness isn't cute, okay? What is the point of having your own opinion if you are just going to agree with everyone else?
    -I highly enjoy intellectual discussion.
    -I have always done better in school than with personal relationships. I spent most of my life without friends.
    -I do kind of value personal relationships, but I really just need a couple of people to speak my thoughts to so I don't go crazy. For the most part, I'm more interested in doing my own thing/research.
    -When I become interested in something, I become very passionate. I will research and analyze that thing to death. When somebody criticizes my interests, I take it personally.
    -I don't get romantic relationships. At all.
    -I get somewhat easily flustered when talking to people I don't know well. (I?)

P and J

-Being late to an event or not meeting a deadline causes me great distress.
    -I'm a perfectionist
    -I like having a schedule, but I'm not always good at following it
    -When assigned a project, I automatically take it apart and plan when and how I will complete it. Although I don't always end up following these plans >_>
    -I'm always anxious/worried about the future
    -I procrastinate like hell
    -Very indecisive. When I go to restaurant it takes me the longest time to pick out my food, and even my P friends get irritated xD
    But believe me, I do not like bouncing back and forth between ideas. I long to make a plan for my life and stick to it.
    -I really don't like taking chances.
    -I think my friends tend to think I'm more laid back. I kind of have a "fuck that" attitude.

Other (things I'm not sure are relevant but might be interesting and things I don't know what category to put them in)

-I'm cynical and suspicious of other people's motives.
    -I value sincerity and clarity
    -I carefully planned this post in my head before typing it up xD
    -I'm female
    -I notice when I look people in the eye, especially strangers, they seem freaked out and look away. I think this might be the INTJ/INFJ "death stare"
    -Most think I'm very quite, but I become very animated sometimes with close friends. When I make jokes, I tend to be very dramatic and obnoxious. Besides this, I like sarcasm and dry humor

I think I'm probably INTJ or INFJ, but I consider INTP and INFP as well.

Oh my God I typed so much I'm sorry

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

ahhhh *relaxes* this ones nice and easy, you're a clear INTJ. The death glare is an INxJ trademark move :P
    5 3 9

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

INTJ 5w6 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTJ

Thank you, INTJ it is for now

MBTI
    XYZ

I can't stand being used, but sometimes I automatically give in to people's demands just to be polite and once I realized what I've done I get angry at myself. (maybe this is more T/F?)
    I get so irritated when people are submissive. UGH...weakness isn't cute, okay? What is the point of having your own opinion if you are just going to agree with everyone else?
    While I acknowledge that you get angry at yourself after doing that, don't you think you're kind of contradidcting yourself?

I think you should provide more information about yourself. I ask this because if you are an INTJ, you most likely aren't a type 5 because Type 5 clashes with INTJ.

Maybe share:
    • Maybe what your friends would describe you as.
    • What you think are your best qualities, and what you believe your downfalls are.

Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    I ask this because if you are an INTJ, you most likely aren't a type 5 because Type 5 clashes with INTJ.
    what

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Assailant View Post
    While I acknowledge that you get angry at yourself after doing that, don't you think you're kind of contradidcting yourself?

I think you should provide more information about yourself. I ask this because if you are an INTJ, you most likely aren't a type 5 because Type 5 clashes with INTJ.

Maybe share:
    • Maybe what your friends would describe you as.
    • What you think are your best qualities, and what you believe your downfalls are.
    I realize that I was contradicting myself. xD The thing is, when I give in to polite acts sometimes it's COMPLETELY without thinking. The words just spill out, and I don't even realize I said them till a minute later. I really don't like doing things without thinking, I really don't like not having control, I don't want other people to think I am a pushover. These are just little things I give in to (like letting people borrow my things); if somebody says/does something that makes me upset I will call them out on it.
    As for me getting irritated at OTHER people being submissive...this is more things like pretending to agree with everybody else, being excessively shy, low self confidence etc. just because you want "everybody on your side". (I have a particular person in mind while I'm writing this -_-)

I don't know much about enneagram, but I read a brief description on type 5. I don't really identify with it.

My friends? As for type...it switches. I can act calm and rational, or very dramatic, silly and energetic. Either way, they think I'm more laid back so probably a P. I think they'd say INTP when I'm being more logical and INFP (even ENFP) when I'm being "fun".
    All of my friends agree that I am funny, cynical, unique and independent. One of my friends even called me "ferocious" (funny because I look like a 12 year old girl).

What I think are my best qualities:
    -introspective, deep
    -looking at all possibilities/sides of a situation
    -when I get upset about something, I'm able to take the situation apart, realize if it's worth getting upset over and how I can fix the problem

Downfalls:
    -inability to concentrate
    -can be over-analytical to the point where I drive myself crazy.
    -somewhat oversensitive to criticism

MBTI
    INTJ

I know that you aren't really supposed to rely on tests for finding your type, but I thought it might be worth mentioning I took this test: http://www.cognitivequiz.com/quiz.html
    and got these results:
    ---
    Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
    Most Likely: INTJ
    or Second Possibility: INTP
    or Third Possibility: INFP

Your Cognitive Functions:
    Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 12.63
    Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||||||| 10.84
    Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||||||||| 7.85
    Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||| 4.7
    Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||| 4.65
    Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||||| 2.22
    Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||| 1.7
    Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -1.43

Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is very developed.
    Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is very developed.
    Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
    Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
    Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is low.

Your cognitive functions are, in order of preference:
    Ni - Ti - Fi - Te - Ne - Fe - Si - Se

Anew Leaf

An INTJ with the username candy shell? Now I have seen everything

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There's one on Personality Nation called Happy who has a Taylor Swift avatar.

Ironic INTJ is ironic.