• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me type my boss

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Please help me type my new boss. The reason I am not posting an information about her in the OP is I'm afraid it will paint an uneven picture of her and thus ruin the ultimate conclusion of her type.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I think we'll need some more clues!

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
ESTJ! I have >6% chance of getting that correct. :rolli:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I think we'll need some more clues!

Well, I was hoping someone would ask the questions first because as I mentioned in the OP I am afraid of presenting an uneven picture of her. Nevertheless I have noticed that she exhibits following traits:

- Uses very succinct, direct, concrete language.
- Hates attending meetings.
- I think she might be a member of Mensa.
- Very rational yet is very concerned with the wellfare of her subordinates.
- Loves learning, reading and animals.

heart

heart on fire
Isn't ISTJ the highest percentage number of all the types? By sheer numbers that has the best chance of being the type it seems. Aren't they more like 60 T , 40 F so more balanced between thinking and feeling, so that could be concerned for animals and people.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I certainly haven't ruled out ESTJ as a possibility.

That was a joke... 16 types... probability of a random guess being correct = 1/16.

Questions hey?

Ummmm how does she react when a problem arise?
When does she normally arrive at work? What's the first thing she do when she gets in?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Isn't ISTJ the highest percentage number of all the types? By sheer numbers that has the best chance of being the type it seems. Aren't they more like 60 T , 40 F so more balanced between thinking and feeling, so that could be concerned for animals and people.

Yes, although he stated she cares for welfare of subordinates and loves animals. I know a few ISTJs well (about 4 or 5 at work) and none of them exhibit either. It isn't that they dislike both categories, they just dont even seem to notice them...

heart

heart on fire
Yes, although he stated she cares for welfare of subordinates and loves animals. I know a few ISTJs well (about 4 or 5 at work) and none of them exhibit either. It isn't that they dislike both categories, they just dont even seem to notice them...

I know of two ISTJ who like pets and do care about subordindates, but I have also known some who were so brisk and cold I could not relate to them at all. I have an ISTJ sister who taught nursery school and keeps four papmered cats. :D The ISTJ seems to have a wide range of expression.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Before I worked for her I was convinced she was an Artisan of some sort. But now that I do work for her I think she is too organized to be an Artisan.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
That was a joke... 16 types... probability of a random guess being correct = 1/16.

Questions hey?

Ummmm how does she react when a problem arise?
When does she normally arrive at work? What's the first thing she do when she gets in?

Although she is an excellent problem solver she hates problems and tends to get annoyed when they arise.

She arrives very early. Mainly because she hates driving and has adjusted her schedule to avoid the rush hour commute.

My guess is the first thing she does every morning is check her voice mail then email.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I know of two ISTJ who like pets and do care about subordindates, but I have also known some who were so brisk and cold I could not relate to them at all. I have an ISTJ sister who taught nursery school and keeps four papmered cats. :D The ISTJ seems to have a wide range of expression.

Oddly enough my boss can be effusive one moment and then cold as ice the next.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
That is my sister and my nephew, both like that.

ISTJ

My apologies, although my intent is not to crush your suggestion I have to mention that she often says "it is better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission".

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
What I meant was that bit of information wasn't meant as a counterpoint to your point. That's all.

I have noticed that postings such as my previous one tend to bring a thread to an impasse. :blush:

Edit: To answer your question, Guardians are reluctant to break rules and engage in risky behavior.

heart

heart on fire
My nephew tested as ISTJ but he seems to mind pushing the issue with another person to get his way. He does so in quiet but determined (pushy) way. My sister is more conforming to get along.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
For the most part my boss is very reasonable yet forceful.