• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me type my boss

heart

heart on fire
My INTJ father was very kind, he loved cats and pampered them.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Hmm ... perhaps she is an INTJ then.

In fairness to the INTJs I think much that is written about them is at best unflattering. And since I like my boss very much I initially wouldn't consider the possibility of her being an INTJ.

heart

heart on fire
Have you read much at INTJ message board? Read the women's posts?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Have you read much at INTJ message board? Read the women's posts?

I have not, and I probably should. Thanks. :D

To Heart and anyone else who might care,

How can one distinguish a very organized ISTP from an INTJ?

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I have not, and I probably should. Thanks. :D

To Heart and anyone else who might care,

How can one distinguish a very organized ISTP from an INTJ?

The INTJs I know are voracious readers.

Jae Rae

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
... and that she is. In fact, she loves books so much she even has her own bookplate.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
*nods* Could likely be INTJ. Definitely a J though... based on her habits. Organizing stuff... Te like? Maybe...

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
*nods* Could likely be INTJ. Definitely a J though... based on her habits. Organizing stuff... Te like? Maybe...

The only thing I am certain of is she is an Introvert. Overall she seems to posses and Artisan temperament but has several traits not typically found in Artisans.

The only problems I have with the INTJ assessment is:
- As far as I know she does not have any secret plans or hidden agendas.
- Although IMO she is very intelligent she is not an abstract thinker.
- She is a very caring person.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds like my mother, who is boss for about 30-40 people. She's INFJ.
She's got this terribly good sense for details, cares about people and animals more often than not, but she can be cold and decisive when the situation requires it. Great problem-solver but she's annoyed when things doesn't go as planned. She is a very careful driver, I don't think she likes to drive at all. Don't know if that's why she's always the first person to arrive at work and the last one to leave, but it effectively makes her avoid the worst traffic.

My bet is on INFJ with well-developed thinking function.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
IMO, INFJ definitely seems more plausible than an INTJ.

The reasons I believe this is although she tends towards objectivity as soon as one of her subordinates are threatened she ceases to be objective and starts to act like "a mother hen". She will protect my coworkers and I as fiercely as a grizzly bear guards her cubs.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
The only thing I am certain of is she is an Introvert. Overall she seems to posses and Artisan temperament but has several traits not typically found in Artisans.

The only problems I have with the INTJ assessment is:
- As far as I know she does not have any secret plans or hidden agendas.
- Although IMO she is very intelligent she is not an abstract thinker.
- She is a very caring person.

Not all INTJs have secret plans/hidden agendas...

Older people are more difficult to type... you get tertiary and shadow functions spilling over. :doh:

Protecting could be a SJ or NFJ... hmmm...

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Is it possible for an Artisan to be both organized and nurturing?

Here's my assessment so far:

INTJ - she is too caring and concrete.

INFJ - she is too concrete.

Guardian - she is a Habitual rule breaker.

ISTP/ISFP - Most plausible (INFJ being the second) but she is very organized which is a trait that an Artisan is not likely to naturally posses.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Is it possible for an Artisan to be both organized and nurturing?

Here's my assessment so far:

INTJ - she is too caring and concrete.

INFJ - she is too concrete.

Guardian - she is a Habitual rule breaker.

ISTP/ISFP - Most plausible (INFJ being the second) but she is very organized which is a trait that an Artisan is not likely to naturally posses.

A guardian can be a rule breaker... If the guardian prescribes to a different set of rules... STJ more likely than SFJ though in this case.

Why can't INXJs be concrete sometimes? As people grow older, they do learn to use their shadow functions...

An SP being very organized is more unlikely though in my opinion...

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
A guardian can be a rule breaker... If the guardian prescribes to a different set of rules... STJ more likely than SFJ though in this case.

Why can't INXJs be concrete sometimes? As people grow older, they do learn to use their shadow functions...

An SP being very organized is more unlikely though in my opinion...

They certainly can be concrete. The difference is my boss is first and foremost a concrete thinker. Although she is excellent at grasping theories and creating strategies she consciously developed these abilites. It is not something that is natural for her.